Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #221
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Look at most breads in the bread isle, kiddies. Get back to me.
Just because it is there doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Did you notice the ( ) after my sandwich?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #222
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

...and you "holier than thou eaters" can just suck my dick, because the VAST MAJORITY of Americans DON'T make food selection a second fucking career (a quick peek down the isle of ANY supermarket should illustrate this point nicely). They expect that the FDA would keep the deadlier health threats out of their foods, and they just buy what they like to eat.

I'm really proud of you guys, those who have made a healthy choice to read labels - I have always done that - but if you are going to have an agency like the Food And Drug Administration, that's at least in theory there to protect the public's food and drug supply, then they should PROBABLY FUCKING DO THAT, NO?

If HFCS is a harmful as this study suggests, the FDA has taken things far more innocuous off the shelves in the past, and it's NOT unreasonable to suggest that HFCS be pulled from the market for reasons of national health.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #223
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
True..........But, many of them use honey or brown sugar instead.

Also, how about using tortillas instead? Or quit wrapping things in cheap carbs altogether, and just carry your food in a tupperware container.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #224
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

I don't even go down the isles at grocery stores anymore except to get granola and toiletries. Meats, veggies, dairy, juices and beer are all on the outside. Almost nothing in a box in my kart.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #225
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

You can always tell when Avatard is losing an argument...he drops the feigned "I have a 160 IQ" attitude....you know, the whole "you should listen and believe me as I am SOOOOOOO much more intelligent than you...here, let me explain to you WHY I am so much smarter than you" and reverts to the "I'm gonna swear and throw a temper tantrum" mode.

So basically your argument is that you are incapable of making a CHOICE on your own? You need the FDA or someone else to assume that RESPONSIBILITY for you?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #226
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Great! SO we're all super-smart eaters! Yay!

What about the other 99% of Americans? Should we just say "fuck 'em"?

Please remind me what the FDA is for, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
You can always tell when Avatard is losing an argument...he drops the feigned "I have a 160 IQ" attitude....you know, the whole "you should listen and believe me as I am SOOOOOOO much more intelligent than you...here, let me explain to you WHY I am so much smarter than you" and reverts to the "I'm gonna swear and throw a temper tantrum" mode.

So basically your argument is that you are incapable of making a CHOICE on your own? You need the FDA or someone else to assume that RESPONSIBILITY for you?
Yeah, that's what I said.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #227
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

See?

That's apparently the difference between you and I.

If I CHOOSE to go sit in the corner, I could manage it perfectly well on my own.

I guess you'd be standing around foaming at the mouth waiting for some Federal Agency to come and tell you it was safe first.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #228
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Thats why you buy breads like pumperknickel rye, tastes far better than white, no HCFS, very very healthy.

Im sorry you refuse to monitor what you eat, instead of expecting the government to do so for you. Your whole arguement so far has been 'I have no willpower, and no interest to educate myself on the subject'...

Well, boo fucking hoo.

You know I agree with you on more political topics than not, so its nothing personal. But being ignorant about nutrition isnt an excuse to blame someone/something else. Americans (North Americans), make horrible food choices, despite all the information and tools available to them.

Again, its amount, not type. We know theres a half a cup of HFCS in soda, so stop fucking drinking it. If your a fat ass, its noones fault but your own.

Want a snack? Have a yogurt instead of a chocolate bar. Want a sandwich? Have it on pumperknickel, with real meat, not processed. A little low fat cheese and may, or even better, mustard. Instead of two whole eggs, have 3 with one yoke, and salsa instead of ketchup. Brown rice instead of white. Whole wheat pasta instead of white.

You have tons of options. 'Most Americans drink soda' isnt an excuse. Most Americans do a lot of shit that isnt good for them. If your not able to control yourself, dont blame anythign else but yourself.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #229
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
See?

That's apparently the difference between you and I.

If I CHOOSE to go sit in the corner, I could manage it perfectly well on my own.

I guess you'd be standing around foaming at the mouth waiting for some Federal Agency to come and tell you it was safe first.

You should read more carefully.

Your comprehension is rather low.

*Edit: Low brain performance can be a sign of lack of glucose in the brain. Maybe you should have something with a little table sugar in it.

Last edited by Avatard; 04-06-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #230
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Great! SO we're all super-smart eaters! Yay!

What about the other 99% of Americans? Should we just say "fuck 'em"?

Please remind me what the FDA is for, then.
I believe in the need for the FDA, and if a substance was harming people, the FDA should step in. But HFCS is still OK in moderation. It doesn't harm anyone UNLESS:

1) they eat some of it every meal, and
2) they don't exercise

If those 2 conditions apply to someone, they don't deserve help, IMO.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote