Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #231
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
You should read more carefully.

Your comprehension is rather low.

*Edit: Low brain performance can be a sign of lack of glucose in the brain. Maybe you should have something with a little table sugar in it.
His comprehension is fine. Your pretty much saying, 'Im like a child, and need daddy to spoonfeed me with a soft plastic spoon'

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #232
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Im sorry you refuse to monitor what you eat
Total reading comprehension FAIL.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #233
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
You should read more carefully.

Your comprehension is rather low.
OK....let me ask you a simple and direct question then...take all "crap" out of the equation. I assume you'll be able to comprehend the question and reply without the vitriol?

Does the ultimate responsibility for what you CHOOSE to put into your mouth lie with you? Or does it lie with an Agency of the Government or anyone else?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #234
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
His comprehension is fine. Your pretty much saying, 'Im like a child, and need daddy to spoonfeed me with a soft plastic spoon'
More failure to read.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #235
Apoc

Quote:
More failure to read.
This is definately typical Avatard. 'I've lost all footing for my arguement, so i'll make dumb comments and pronounce my superiority'.

I'll say it simply. The problem isnt HFCS, the problem is that most North Americans are idiots.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #236
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
OK....let me ask you a simple and direct question then...take all "crap" out of the equation. I assume you'll be able to comprehend the question and reply without the vitriol?

Does the ultimate responsibility for what you CHOOSE to put into your mouth lie with you? Or does it lie with an Agency of the Government or anyone else?
I watch what I eat. I read labels. If the FDA can take Sodium Cyclamate off the market, they can do the same with HFCS. Otherwise, why have an FDA, if not to protect the public at large?

What you reading comprehension impaired granola eaters are missing, is that I ALREADY GET IT. I DON'T NEED ANYONE TO PROTECT ME. I READ LABELS.

BUT, if you are going to have an agency to protect the health of Americans, THEN IT SHOULD FUCKING DO THAT.

THIS SHIT IS BAD FOR YOU, AND SHOULD NOT BE IN THE HUMAN FOOD SUPPLY.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Old 04-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #237
Apoc

Quote:
I watch what eat. I read labels. If the FDA can take Sodium Cyclamate off the market, they can do the same with HFCS. Otherwise, why have an FDA, if not to protect the public at large?

What you reading comprehension impaired granola eaters are missing, is that I ALREADY GET IT. I DON'T NEED ANYONE TO PROTECT ME. I READ LABELS.

BUT, if you are going to have an agency to protect the health of Americans, THEN IT SHOULD FUCKING DO THAT.

Thats the thing man, its bad. We know that. It large amounts its deadly. We dont disagree.

So dont eat it in large amounts. If you choose wisely, fine and good. But for the people who dont, fuck em. Its not like we havent known soda is bad for over 20 years now. Its still the best selling drink in the world, so fuck them. Thwy know better and dont care, fuck them.

You bitch for the legalization of marijauna, saying you dont need uncle to look out for you. Then you want HFCS banned, because uncle needs to look out for you more.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #238
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

If anyone watched the video I posted, he shows that fructose is the culprit here.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #239
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
I watch what I eat. I read labels. If the FDA can take Sodium Cyclamate off the market, they can do the same with HFCS. Otherwise, why have an FDA, if not to protect the public at large?

Ok...by that logic...let's get rid of cigarettes while we're at it.

They're HORRIBLE for you and EVERYONE with a brain in their head knows it.

You can walk into any convenience store in the country and buy cigarettes by the carton...where is the outrage over that Avatard? What EXACTLY is the difference?

The fact is, there is NO difference. It's a harmful product and people CHOOSE to consume it. Hell, a pack of cigarettes has a label essentially saying "consuming this product will kill you" and dumb fuckers STILL smoke them hand over fist.

No amount of Government "protection" is going to protect you from YOURSELF if you are unwilling to assume responsibility for protecting yourself.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #240
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thats the thing man, its bad. We know that. It large amounts its deadly. We dont disagree.

So dont eat it in large amounts. If you choose wisely, fine and good. But for the people who dont, fuck em. Its not like we havent known soda is bad for over 20 years now. Its still the best selling drink in the world, so fuck them. Thwy know better and dont care, fuck them.

You bitch for the legalization of marijauna, saying you dont need uncle to look out for you. Then you want HFCS banned, because uncle needs to look out for you more.
I see your point, and I would argue that perhaps we need to take a more even approach here. You can't portend to protect, and not do so completely, lest you lull people into a false sense of security, because you offered them protection, and they entrusted their lives to you.

Either the government has to stop regulating Foods and Drugs, or they have to regulate it more fairly, and totally, lest some (read: most) folks get screwed.

Your whole attitude is one of "hey, we get it, we eat good - those who don't care, fuck 'em". Well, that's fine, I suppose, if the underlying understanding is, in fact, caveat emptor...but the USA has given us the FDA, and the Food Pyramid, and an RDA of vitamins and minerals, and suggested to everyone that the things in the food supply are safe to eat.

It would appear that HFCS helps flip the "fat switch", metabolically speaking. That makes it rather bad. I'd say easily as harmful as Sodium Cyclamate, which the FDA pulled, even though the entire known world uses it to sweeten their beverages with no apparent ill effects.

400 people every year die from Acetaminophen (Tylenol), but only a few died from Ephedra, and that got pulled.

The fact is, it's all about money. Not your health, not mine.

If the FDA is to continue, then this needs to be fixed. Fake regulation in the name of profit is not what we need.

Either let's regulate things according to safety, or it's caveat emptor...but not this. This is bullshit.

Got it now?