Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #261
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I think you're missing my point.

Consuming a soda that contains HFCS is a CHOICE...an UNHEALTHY choice...and I don't feel sorry for people who want to play the victim for CHOOSING to do something unhealthy....consuming shit food....smoking...you name it.

It seems wicked juvenile to say "I'm gonna eat shit foods or smoke all I want" in one breath and then say "I'm fat or I have lung cancer and it's the fault of HFCS or cigarettes" in the next.

No...actually...it's YOUR fault for CHOOSING to consume things that you KNOW aren't good for you.
Beautiful...end of discussion.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #262
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Apoc you cannot have it both ways....If you are for a Nationalized Healthcare system, then you have to control the sheep. You cannot say HFCS is OK, then pay for everyone's healthcare. That doesn't fly. So..in effect, Avatard has a more valid stance stating to pull it from the market since he is also for Nationalized Healthcare.

Me on the other hand, say fuck eat whatever you want (as long as the FDA keeps out toxic or cancer causing foods out), but I'm not paying for your healthcare bill, therefore get as fat as u like.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 04-07-2010 at 12:27 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #263
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Apoc you cannot have it both ways....If you are for a Nationalized Healthcare system, then you have to control the sheep. You cannot say HFCS is OK, then pay for everyone's healthcare. That doesn't fly. So..in effect, Avatard has a more valid stance stating to pull it from the market since he is also for Nationalized Healthcare system.
This was my point. Either the FDA controls everything, or not.

If it's NOT, and we instead go for "caveat emptor", then fine...but then I want my Ephedra, and my Sodium Cyclamate back.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #264
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
But you would be wrong, because the government subsidizes the growth of corn. There's a reason why they're trying to shove it into every fucking orifice we have, they have shitloads of the crap.
Yes there is lots of it.

However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
If people start picking foods without HFCS, manufacturers will quit using it. But people are lazy and don't fucking care. Period.
It's how a free market works.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #265
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Apoc you cannot have it both ways....If you are for a Nationalized Healthcare system, then you have to control the sheep. You cannot say HFCS is OK, then pay for everyone's healthcare. That doesn't fly. So..in effect, Avatard has a more valid stance stating to pull it from the market since he is also for Nationalized Healthcare.

Im not American, so quite frankly, the healthcare arguement doesnt affect me. And im not against putting warning labels on HFCS, the problem is, people know the shit is unhealthy already. A warning wont make a difference.

But, banning it is not going to solve the obesity problem. Obese people, for the most part, have no desire to change themselves. You can pull it off the market, and make soda with sugar again. Its still not going to be good for them, and its not going to stop them from drinking the shit.

You know as well as I do, when you raise blood sugar levels, the body stores fat. Table sugar raises insulin levels, almost as quickly as HFCS does, and makes the body store fat. Taking in more calories then you can burn, causes the body to store fat. You can take HFCS off the market, its not going to change the fact that people are greedy, and will constantly overeat.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #266
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
And im not against putting warning labels on HFCS, the problem is, people know the shit is unhealthy already. A warning wont make a difference.
Agreed...cigarettes are a PERFECT example. The warning essentially reads "Consuming this product will KILL you"...and people still smoke the fucking things like there is no tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
You can take HFCS off the market, its not going to change the fact that people are greedy, and will constantly overeat.
Agreed...the source of the obesity problem does NOT lie with the food sources available in this country...it lies in the fact that people are not willing to take responsibility for themselves...for what they consume....and how much of it they consume.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #267
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

The source of the problem is massive government subsidies on corn, making corn products cheap as hell. That's what allows them to put HFCS in damn near everything. The problem is not a nutritional one so much as a financial one.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #268
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Thank you. No more calls, please...we have a winner.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #269
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

We are effectively subsidizing the erosion of public health. Seems like we're spending money only to make everyone sick, and cost us more money.

I'll say it again: Make Ethanol with it.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #270
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I'll say it again: Make Ethanol with it.
How about: Quit subsidizing it.