Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
He's probably related to Cat Stevens...

It's just a matter of when the shit goes down. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we have foiled one or even two dirty bomb plans already. Keep your head in the sand and bitch about your bottle of Perrier if you want. Everyday we go without a major terrorist attack is a blessing and a testimony to the hard work and sacrifice the some poor unappreciated bastards put in so some pampered dumb ass can have the freedom to call him "ghey" on the internet.
Hard work isn't the issue. Appreciation for what they're doing isn't the issue. The issue is how much time & convenience we're willing to give up in exchange for security. If you think anything is justified, then why aren't you advocating that the airline industry totally shut down? After all, that would prevent hijackings, wouldn't it? But no, I'm guessing you still want the airlines to work.......Which proves that you agree that there's a middle ground between security and freedom. So the only question is, where is that middle ground, and where is the threat.

There is so much else in the way of terrorism that could be done in this country if they wanted to, much more easily than hijacking a plane. They could introduce poisons into our food or water, they could barricade a theater and burn it down, they could take out a bridge or some train tracks, hell a couple of the forest fires out west were considered arson, maybe they'll get that idea soon.

Keeping the threat level at orange all the time is like building a car with an oil pressure gauge that stays in one spot all the time.......It's aggravating, and somewhat insulting. If people keep hearing the same thing all the time, don't you think they will ignore it?

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-27-2009 at 10:19 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #22
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
my buddy club monotube coilovers for the nsx were quarantined for almost 6 months. musta looked interesting on xray
Props on Buddy Club, I heard there stuff is pretty nice.......Shoulda got their 6-spoke forged wheels as well (similar to the Advan RG's if I recall correctly).
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #23
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Hard work isn't the issue. Appreciation for what they're doing isn't the issue. The issue is how much time & convenience we're willing to give up in exchange for security. If you think anything is justified, then why aren't you advocating that the airline industry totally shut down? After all, that would prevent hijackings, wouldn't it? But no, I'm guessing you still want the airlines to work.......Which proves that you agree that there's a middle ground between security and freedom. So the only question is, where is that middle ground, and where is the threat.

There is so much else in the way of terrorism that could be done in this country if they wanted to, much more easily than hijacking a plane. They could introduce poisons into our food or water, they could barricade a theater and burn it down, they could take out a bridge or some train tracks, hell a couple of the forest fires out west were considered arson, maybe they'll get that idea soon.

Keeping the threat level at orange all the time is like building a car with an oil pressure gauge that stays in one spot all the time.......It's aggravating, and somewhat insulting. If people keep hearing the same thing all the time, don't you think they will ignore it?
I would agree with you if Homeland Security always kept it at orange. They have not. Here is a timeline of changes in status.

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/history/editorial_0844.shtm

The natural tendency is to try and prevent the last attack from happening again. I suspect you would not be very happy with the measures required to try and stop any potential future attacks.

If terrorists wanted to screw us up one of the best ways would be to attack multiple malls during the Christmas rush. They wouldn't need anything special. They could use weapons that are completely legal. Hell, they could use rifles, shotguns, and ammunition purchased from sporting goods stores attached to many malls. Something tells me you would be less than pleased though if you had to undergo the same security checks to enter a mall you currently have to deal with to enter an airport terminal.

Where is the middle ground when the threat is pretty much everywhere?
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I just get annoyed at the inconsistency from one trip to the next. Last time it was "take your phone out of your bag" when the time before that (just a few days prior) I was told to put it in my carry-on bag. Make up your freakin' mind people, don't make me guess.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #25
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I just get annoyed at the inconsistency from one trip to the next. Last time it was "take your phone out of your bag" when the time before that (just a few days prior) I was told to put it in my carry-on bag. Make up your freakin' mind people, don't make me guess.
I doubt this is why you run in to inconsistencies, but standardization makes it easier for bad guys to plan around as well.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #26
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Props on Buddy Club, I heard there stuff is pretty nice.......Shoulda got their 6-spoke forged wheels as well (similar to the Advan RG's if I recall correctly).
at the time i was using na1 nsx-r wheel by enkei. hard to find a lighter set out there but also weird sizes for tires. ive since switched back to the stock wheels
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #27
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
ive since switched back to the stock wheels
Clearly, the terrorists have won.

JC
Old 09-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #28
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Clearly, the terrorists have won.

JC
nah i just wore the back right bald to the cords. final straw was a rolling burnout from 1st to 2nd while trying to get a guy in a F348 to race. he bitched out
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #29
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Um you are the one that called Homeland Security "ghey" are you not? That shows a complete disrespect for their work and total a unappreciative attitude for their sacrifice. So what the fuck do you think they should do? Artificially change the level just to make it different? What if the oil pressure IS the same? What if the threat level IS the same? What if the there actually is a method to the threat levels? Do you really think they just make this shit up? Hell, maybe there isn't any threat at all, maybe the gov't is just making all this up. I don't know you personally and I'd hate to ASSume but at this point, I honestly doubt that you have shed any blood for this country and that you have probably never lost anyone you love to this struggle. Enjoy your life and freedom while you have it. If people like you have your way, it won't last long.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #30
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Do you really think they just make this shit up?

Of course they do.

Orange is "safe" mode for Homeland Security. It means "we could be hit by a terror attack at any moment, but don't worry, we're on it."

If they stayed at red and nothing happened, people would be pissed. If they stayed at yellow, and something happened, people would be even more pissed.

The entire system exists to inform the people who are the least prepared to do anything about it.

Us.

JC