Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #21
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKat View Post
damned if you do and damned if you don't I guess :dunno:

the amount of scooters has exploded so much you almost can't even find them in dealerships because they are gone almost as soon as they come in. atleast with anything over 50cc you need to get a motorcycle license so that atleast helps steer them in the right direction to study and learn their craft somewhat I suppose...
The License thing is True BUT...In jersey they'll sell you a Bike off the floor even if you dont have a Motorcycle License, You just cant ride it out of the dealer...So people do they next best thing, Load it into a pickup and take it home...Then you can do whatever you want with it.

Not everyone is Gonna be legal on the Road.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #22
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

I havent noticed an increase in Motorcycles around here, But the gay ass scooter craze has exploded...I realized salesman dont give a fuck as to who buys one as long as the check clears, but I see way to many 300lb guys on 100cc scooters
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #23
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
The License thing is True BUT...In jersey they'll sell you a Bike off the floor even if you dont have a Motorcycle License, You just cant ride it out of the dealer...So people do they next best thing, Load it into a pickup and take it home...Then you can do whatever you want with it.

You don't have to have a license to purchase any automobile in PA either. As long as you have the cash and proof of insurance it's yours.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #24
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

One of my troops went to a dealer, got a loan and rode it out of the parking lot without a motorcycle endorsement on his license. dealer doesnt care they got there money...
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #25
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider76 View Post
One of my troops went to a dealer, got a loan and rode it out of the parking lot without a motorcycle endorsement on his license. dealer doesnt care they got there money...

guessing his ass was grass when you found out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:58 AM   #26
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post

turns out powersports doesnt check :P
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #27
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

There is a nice bit of irony here. I remember in about 1967 or 68 my dad and one of his friends (cruiser guys both one Indian one Harley) were talking about how putting electric starters on bikes was going to result in a bunh of people who should never be on a motorcyles getting one and how it would ruin riding for everyone.
I think stasticly 10% of the new riders will be idiots some of those will learn from their mistakes others will leave riding or become subjects of the Darwinian process. (here in New Hampshire we don't have helmet laws, and we print "Live free or die" on our liscense plates. So we will clrealy assist you with either)
I think in the long run more riders mean a larger collective voice and more diverse and competitve marketplace so in the long run better for all of us. In the short run I will be emabarrassed by stupid people doing stupid things in a sport I have a passion for.
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #28
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

A guy died on a cycle last night....less than a block from the station. We are doing a follow up today. No helmet on this jabrone. I'm not shooting it...but my bike will probly be in it....from a story I shot a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #29
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
There is a nice bit of irony here. I remember in about 1967 or 68 my dad and one of his friends (cruiser guys both one Indian one Harley) were talking about how putting electric starters on bikes was going to result in a bunh of people who should never be on a motorcyles getting one and how it would ruin riding for everyone.
I think stasticly 10% of the new riders will be idiots some of those will learn from their mistakes others will leave riding or become subjects of the Darwinian process. (here in New Hampshire we don't have helmet laws, and we print "Live free or die" on our liscense plates. So we will clrealy assist you with either)
I think in the long run more riders mean a larger collective voice and more diverse and competitve marketplace so in the long run better for all of us. In the short run I will be emabarrassed by stupid people doing stupid things in a sport I have a passion for.

one of the things i love about bikes is its damn difficult to engineer in all of the bs people rely on to veg out in cars. you actually have to be awake and thinking to operate it. im kinda hoping that most of the new riders will wake up and translate that new awareness to the rest of their driving. doubt it but i can always hope
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #30
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

I think the ratio is going to stay the same. It's the same every year. Squids buy bikes. Some grow out of it. Some don't. Like Dave, I hope it spreads motorcycle awareness. I doubt it, but still hope anyway.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote