Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #21
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
How about something seasonal? Right now a small personal cooler for going to the beach or lake is always nice, with a couple pockets for dry stuff. Or a pitcher for sweet tea or lemonade at those summer picnics...

Home stuff if always neat too, I cant tell you how much I love my little cheapo bank measuring tape, I use it all the time. You could use the home stuff for home equity loan marketing too if any of thats going on.
One of the best things I received was a beach towel. It was not a promo thing to open a new account but it is something I received free that has been used many times over the years. This could go along with Rae's idea of being seasonal. A cooler is nice too. If you do a pitcher maybe include a mix for sweet tea or lemonade. Same with the cooler, maybe include the ice pack or something a little extra making it more like a "gift basket".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
How about giving gifts to people that have had their accounts for years and for being loyal. Guess thats too har for companies to do these days.
Not a bad thought either. Definitely a different approach that doesn't happen.

Not sure what it is like at the CU you work for but they tend to be more personal than banks. You are a person with a name, not just an account number. On Tuesday, hubby went to pay off a loan at the CU I bank with (we have separate accounts). They asked him if he had found a job yet since had been unemployed since November 2008 (yes, he has a job now). He couldn't believe they remembered. It is this old-fashioned customer service that keeps me there not to mention the better rates I get on loans. The lower or non-existent fees help too. Just plain and simple service.

Erik is considering switching from a bank to a credit union (not mine) because of the better rates and lower fees on everything.

Worst gift is something cheesy that won't get used.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #22
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Along the lines of a toaster...Those single serving coffee machines that take the individual coffee "pods".

It seems like one of those cool things...that no one in their right mind would buy for themselves...but would make an elegant "bank gift".

Put one in the lobby, and the waft will fill the bank, encouraging people to want the machine...
Old 07-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Screw gifts, cash is king. $100 at least. Or a promotional savings rate.
This.

Gift cards to local business... you can work out a deal with them for discounted rates... less output for you, more business for them, and customer's get their 'prize'... plus you're helping local businesses, and everyone likes that.

You could also work with a company that specializes in service rewards/gifts/etc... Thorpe or Tharpe or something comes to mind. Basically you get a catalog of crap based on certain service levels and you choose what you want. My former employer did it for 3-year, 5-year, 10-year etc service awards... it was mostly crap, but you could find some nice things few and far between... I got a crap tool kit for my 3-year (great for in the house projects) and a watch for my 5-year.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
How about giving gifts to people that have had their accounts for years and for being loyal. Guess thats too har for companies to do these days.
Referral bonuses... Reward people not only for already having an account, but also for getting someone else to sign up! Take that $100 gift and split it two ways... $50 for a referral and $50 to the new account holder. Everybody wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
This.

Gift cards to local business... you can work out a deal with them for discounted rates... less output for you, more business for them, and customer's get their 'prize'... plus you're helping local businesses, and everyone likes that.

You could also work with a company that specializes in service rewards/gifts/etc... Thorpe or Tharpe or something comes to mind. Basically you get a catalog of crap based on certain service levels and you choose what you want. My former employer did it for 3-year, 5-year, 10-year etc service awards... it was mostly crap, but you could find some nice things few and far between... I got a crap tool kit for my 3-year (great for in the house projects) and a watch for my 5-year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Referral bonuses... Reward people not only for already having an account, but also for getting someone else to sign up! Take that $100 gift and split it two ways... $50 for a referral and $50 to the new account holder. Everybody wins!
Or a combination of the above...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #25
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Beer.

I'd sign up.

Seriously though, coolers, beach towels, wind breakers, inflatable pool floaty-chairs, and stuff along those lines tends to be pretty popular and fairly cheap.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #26
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
How about something seasonal? Right now a small personal cooler for going to the beach or lake is always nice, with a couple pockets for dry stuff. Or a pitcher for sweet tea or lemonade at those summer picnics...

Home stuff if always neat too, I cant tell you how much I love my little cheapo bank measuring tape, I use it all the time. You could use the home stuff for home equity loan marketing too if any of thats going on.
Great ideas.

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure she should work on that too.

Don't be hard on her though, she's only had this job for like 2 months TOPS. She's obviously got it because she tries to be in touch with the end user and knows everybody. Plus she's on the ball when it comes to her job. She does what she says she will, works hard, and is dedicated like no other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Along the lines of a toaster...Those single serving coffee machines that take the individual coffee "pods".

It seems like one of those cool things...that no one in their right mind would buy for themselves...but would make an elegant "bank gift".

Put one in the lobby, and the waft will fill the bank, encouraging people to want the machine...
The single serve coffee thing could be cool.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #27
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #28
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Dave you have been hanging with the ginger jew too much. It's effecting your brain.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #29
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I wasnt getting on her....*wink wink*. It just sucks to be with a company for years and they only want to dazzle new comers. Its with every company out there.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #30
Zuki4life
Trailer Queen

Best freebie: a lil brain from a stripper
Worst freebie: the clap from said stripper
Zuki4life is offline   Reply With Quote