Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #21
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

YIKES!!! Ya'll have had some horrific accidents!!

Mine isnt worth mentioning, as I walked away with no real lasting damage, just a good "weather" shoulder.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #22
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Haven't crashed yet but had my first drop this weekend. Nothing special just did a stupid newb thing at low speed. No damage to the bike but in trying to save it brused the shit out of my inner thighs and calfs. Note to self for future reference handle bar imprints do look good as a tatoo
Old 03-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #23
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Broke my right collarbone on my yz250E 30 years ago, and my left collarbone and a few ribs in 2000. My left cb never fused, so it's still broken in the middle.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

rashed glove and a bruised ego
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #25
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

I crashed in 2006, I honestly don't remember anything other than coming to in the ambulance - so mentally it's never been an issue for me.

I crashed @ 30mph, I was looking over my shoulder to change lanes, the rider in front of me slowed down and I hit them, which caused me to high-side. The other rider didn't go down.

My injuries:
concussion
strained neck (whiplash)
sprained right wrist with soft tissue damage (hand still bothers me some 3yrs later)

Gear (no real damage, other than EMS cut if all off me):
boots
gloves
jeans
leather jacket
full-face helmet (had some serious scratches a cross the shield, glad it wasn't my face)

I am thankful my injuries were minor, my bike damage was only cosmetic and the other rider wasn't hurt.

Last edited by MissHell; 03-24-2009 at 08:08 PM..
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #26
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Mine was in '03.. high-side and landed it by face planting into a rock. Even with a full-face helmet, I needed reconstructive surgery from my injuries:

Broken septum
Broken orbitals (needed bone grafts)
Lost my four front upper incisors
Shattered my upper jaw
Split my hard/soft palate all the way to the back of my throat and all the way through to my sinus cavity
Dislocated my lower jaw and broke it at both joints as well as at my chin
Oh, and a concussion.

If it weren't for that concussion and the resulting memory loss, I probably wouldn't have been back on two wheels within 30 days of my wreck (even with my jaws still wired shut).

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #27
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

OK I wasn't going to but here goes... Fisrt the speed isn't as important as the distance it takes you to stop...For instance:

I once crashed a stock car into a turn 4 wall at a mere 60 mph. Glancing blow, sprained the ankle I had on the brake pedal, ground to a halt, not so bad.

I also hit a tree with a 89 Camaro at about 40 mph. Sudden and brutal stop, misc cuts and bruises, very sore, not pretty but definetly worse than the 55 mph wreck.

I also lowsided my bike on track at TWS at about 75 mph. I hit nothing and bounced and skidded myself to a halt about 120 ft later with no physical harm. I was a little sore the next day but overall it was kinda fun.

Same track 6 months later I lowside (different corner) at about 75, skipped 30 ft and slammed into an airfence/tire wall/and my bike. This sudden stop resulted in a torn muscle along my femur, bent knee, two broken ribs, and a severly twisted ankle. Bad enough that I did not think it fun. Never the less I remounted later that same afternoon in order to protect my points in another class and...

Highsided at about 45. WTF you ask? I false neutralled and rode thru a corner without holding in the clutch. The tranny engaged the next lower gear and locked the rear tire sending over the hi-side and beating my head and back into the track HARD. This was no fun either...

The worse incident? I rolled an ATV at about 40 mph. Tangling with the ATV I managed to dislocate my neck and permanently twist my wrist. Oh I am sure I could have surgery but the wrist is still an issue nearly 6 years later. The neck injury healed well on its own but always gets out of sorts and I have to have a Chiro put it back right. No broken bones but the pain and recovery time has surpassed all the other injuries combined...

I could discuss my jet ski, Lawn mower, and bicycle accidents but hey you get the point....

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #28
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

damnnn!

after the last two, my back injury aint sh!t.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #29
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy View Post
#1, 1993, 10 years into being a rider, low sided in gravel at about 30 mph because I dropped a pack of cigarettes. Broken throttle wrist, some how so amp'd up I was able to get the bike going and ride it home before going to the hospital. Time to quit smoking.

#2, Oct 20th, 2000, Head On Collision, 50 mph, car going about 15 mph. 5 major separations of the pelvis, right leg sent through hip socket 4", left foot 4 bones broken, left ankle broken, Elbow detached and left hand sent backwards underneath Triceps, Radial head destroyed, Radius shattered, plate and 4 screws installed, Was in Pelvic Halo for 104 days, have two 9" rods side-to-side in rear of pelvis, 4 permanent screws in the front, 6 months in hospital and 6 more in and out of rehab centers. What did I learn? No riding in the left lane, center only for about a year after I started riding again. Took me another year to go by the accident site with out flinching.

#3 April 15, 2003. Rear ended a car who's driver decided to turn right from the middle lane...(I was in the right lane)....Stayed on the bike as it did a complete barrel roll after impact. Double break of Left Clavicle, Left Elbow re-broken, both wrists compression fractured, 6 left side ribs, right thumb broken from joint-to-joint requiring pins to reconnect, re-broke left ankle, 6 hours in hospital, 9 weeks recovery. Learned to watch for Haitian women as most in South FL are not licensed or insured. Make sure personal insurance is high so when you sue you own insurance co. for payment, its enough.

#4 Memorial Day 2006. I was rear ended while practicing at Moroso Motorsports Park by a fellow rider in my same class. Broken: Right Scapula (top to bottom) left middle finger, 6 ribs on right side, left ankle again. 5 days in trauma center, 9 weeks before going back to work. Learned NOT to talk to the points leader in the class before race about how close I was to catching him for the championship....since he is the one who crashed into me.
Damn I'm pretty persistent but I think that would have been enough for me to take up golfing and ditch the bike.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #30
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
1st crash, about 55mph, looped wheelie: chipped pelvis, and shin, lost a LOT of skin off my legs, back, arms, and hands, hands were the worst as i was sliding on the pavement trying to stop myself, in the ambulance they gave me something for pain...well i was allergic to it, so i'm laying in the hospital bleeding from everywhere, now my head is swelled so bad from the allergic reaction, that they cant get my helmet off....and if you think using a wire brush to get out road debris is an old wives tale, you sir ARE WRONG! and that shit hurts, well that hospital didnt do a good enough job, so i went to another the next day for more wire brushing and cutting off some dead skin with scissors, couldnt dress or feed myself very well for a couple of weeks or more, cause my hands were so bad

2nd crash: car in front of me turned off to the right, so i keep going straight, car decides it wanted to go left instead, cut back in front of me, swerving either way would have hit parked cars on the side of the street, had a girl with me, so instead of chancing t-boning the car and launching her over it, i laid it down(in this fraction of a second seemed like the best plan) passenger was kinda on top of me, and i pushed her off to the side, my body hits underneath the drivers door area as the bike bounces off the back bumper, well any driver that wasn't a complete retard would have stopped then, she didnt , and drove over the top of my left leg, hip, ribs, shoulder, etc, i kept my eyes open and turned my head before the car ran over it too, the dumb bitch said "OMG, i thought i ran over something" i said "you think so, ya stupid bitch" fractured my pelvis, broke about all the ribs on the left side, broke shoulder, collar bone, etc, thank God it was a toyota!

the girl with me just had scuffed knees and elbows,

cops gave me a ticket a MONTH later for following too close, judge threw it out though!

oh, and the bike, well it was somebody elses, had about 300 miles on it, some girls wanted to ride, but he was a new rider and afraid to ride passengers so he wanted me to take them for a ride
You should learn to ride in the same lane as cars. This happens to me alot (your 2nd crash) and I just let the car come as close to me as it needs. Shit I had this happen in the cayons last week. This Honda stops suddenly on a 2lane road and turns onto the shoulder, which is only about 2 feet. The car behind him swerves to the left to go around while at the same time I was. I was riding about 1/2 foot from this Integra as we both move over into the other lane (we are side by side). It was kinda cool, but it happened so quick that it is common reaction for me now.

On another note Yammer...I bet u have some metal in you, huh?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote