Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #21
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
There is nothing wrong with Fructose. Its is what makes up most fruit. I didn't listen to the video because it's too long, but I would assume cancer cells can feed on glucose just fine.
Well then PUT DOWN THE DEXTROSE, because that's pure glucose!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 08-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #22
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

I have had people die on both sides of my family from cancer. Look at it as God's method of population control.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #23
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Well, the video explains it, replete with actual chemical analysis (although, I'm certain it's over your head, 101...so you're excused from watching it, ok?).

It's a liver toxin, plain and simple...the facts are there in the video, if anyone cares to do a fact-check. All of the metabolic processes are spelled out, in a manner MOST laypeople can understand.

While it's longer than 101's attention span, and beyond his ken, it should be fine for anyone else, and I highly recommend it.
Since fructose is used by many manufacturers who tout it as being "healthier" than regular table sugar, you would expect artificial sweetener manufacturers like Splenda to call foul, and advertise how harmful fructose really is, if indeed it was really such a big deal.

By the way, the idea that the fiber in fruit acts as a "block" to the purportedly harmful effects of fructose is rather laughable, as there aren't many fruits other than apples that contain much fiber. Grapes and berries contain almost none.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #24
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Well, the video explains it, replete with actual chemical analysis (although, I'm certain it's over your head, 101...so you're excused from watching it, ok?).

It's a liver toxin, plain and simple...the facts are there in the video, if anyone cares to do a fact-check. All of the metabolic processes are spelled out, in a manner MOST laypeople can understand.

While it's longer than 101's attention span, and beyond his ken, it should be fine for anyone else, and I highly recommend it.
If the video is designed to make fat people feel like "it's not my fault" because fruit is toxic, then I really don't want to watch it. I'm wondering if they rinsed the pesticides off of the fruit before they tested it.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 08-09-2010 at 12:02 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #25
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Since fructose is used by many manufacturers who tout it as being "healthier" than regular table sugar, you would expect artificial sweetener manufacturers like Splenda to call foul, and advertise how harmful fructose really is, if indeed it was really such a big deal.

By the way, the idea that the fiber in fruit acts as a "block" to the purportedly harmful effects of fructose is rather laughable, as there aren't many fruits other than apples that contain much fiber. Grapes and berries contain almost none.
Exactly....Avatard will believe every video that he wants to believe, but won't believe what is in front of his face....God.

Fruits have been around since the beginning of time. I would assume our bodies would have evolved to handle the amounts of sugar they contain, which are actually not all that much per piece.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 08-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #26
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Gee, I would consider all of these comments relevant, if only you had actually watched the video, and could then perhaps properly dispute the metabolic processes described therein...however, since you don't even know WTF you're arguing against, as you don't have a clue about the science involved, then you have exactly zero fucking credibility commenting on WTF I believe in or not.

I believe in science, FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #27
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Videos aren't the fastest on my internet connection (since I'm on a router with four people using it), so I'm not about to watch 1.5 hours of video with it stopping every 5 seconds to load. Sorry.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 08-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #28
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Well then, don't tell me how fucking stupid I am for listening to one of the world's foremost experts on metabolism...especially when YOU'RE willing to buy some shit about a zombie, who is his own father, etc., etc., etc. just because it says so in a book.

The metabolic processes described in the video COULD be easily fact-checked, if you have a hard-on to prove how stupid I am, homer.

Go ahead, have at it...or don't, and STFU...because it's not my fault you have a tin-can-and-string connection to the Internet.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:45 AM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The video features one guy.......not the entire scientific community. I'm sure there are tons of scientists who disagree with him.

I am not sure why he says at 56:40 that orange juice contains sucrose. Assuming that it is 100% fruit juice, it should be fructose, not sucrose. Unless he's talking about cheap "juice cocktails", which only idiots drink.

People don't need to worry about fruit or fruit juice, they need to worry about all the soft drinks, energy drinks, cookies, microwave meals, etc. that immature Americans eat.

Last edited by Homeslice; 08-09-2010 at 02:48 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:52 AM   #30
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The video features one guy.......not the entire scientific community. I'm sure there are tons of scientists who disagree with him.
Reminder: I have a fucking sweet tooth. Again: I'd LOVE to hear ANYONE detonate his argument, but I fear the motherfucker's right.