Old 04-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #301
AquaPython
put it THIS way

see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Yeah? 99%?

Prove it.

I eat 6 times a day...every day...and it's not in anything I eat. Trust me. I look.

i put 99% because it seemed like the most obvious figure that was made up to emphasize my point. I will be the first to admit there is no statistic that came from, no research that i can point to for it. I would love to find and actual value of total products sold in the average supermarket VS total products sold in the average supermarket that are derived from corn. (or secondarily, contain HFCS)

Conspiracy? Really? I always wondered what happened to Baby Gorrilla/ZeroNetGain....I guess now I know. Do you have trouble seeing out from under that tin foil hat?

laugh it off. I am not the one claiming it, but it is quite obvious. Read the fucking article, watch the fucking youtube video if you "don lack reedun much" , The MD giving the speech is who i paraphrased. Watch King Corn, it goes into more detail. Basically research fucking something and don't take my word for it, or anything else i am stating in this thread. But that's the problem here, nobody wants to look at what is provided, but rather shrug it off because you think know better.

(And while I'm here I guess I should ask the obvious question....are you a fatty?)
why is that the obvious question? am I overweight? yes. am I obese? no. Do i work out 6 days a week? yes. Do I eat better than almost everyone i know, cutting out almost all corn related products, NEVER drinking soda, eating sweets, or fast food? yes. whats your point?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #302
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
Again, if you people bothered to read the abundant informative resources supplied in this thread alone, you would have seen that schools that removed soda machines and junk food had mean weight loss school wide.
No...if YOU bothered to read you'd understand that the point most of us are making is that (using the the example you cited above) soda and junk food machines being in schools has NOTHING to do with the REAL problem.

The REAL problem is that a lot of people are completely devoid of ANY personal accountability. Do junk food machines fire out a series of twinkies like a machine gun and down some fat kids gullet? NO. Does the soda machine grab people by the neck as they walk by and inject a can of soda down their throat? NO. People CHOOSE to go the vending machine, purchase the twinkies, and eat them. People CHOOSE to go the soda machine, purchase a can of soda and drink it.

The fact that the vending machines are there does not absolve people of the responsibility to not consume the products available for sale knowing that the majority of them are unhealthy.

Personal accountability....this argument begins and ends with personal accountability.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #303
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Personal accountability....this argument begins and ends with personal accountability.
Only if you can't see in shades of grey.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #304
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Only if you can't see in shades of grey.
How is it someone else's fault what you put in your mouth? We have free will, no one is forcing to you eat anything.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #305
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
How is it someone else's fault what you put in your mouth? We have free will, no one is forcing to you eat anything.
How is it a North Korean's fault they think Americans are 8 foot tall baby raping monsters?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #306
Sean
giggity

Quote:
How is it a North Korean's fault they think Americans are 8 foot tall baby raping monsters?
Yeah, that's not even moderately similar.

There are people who blame everyone else for their health issues and there are people who chose to do something about it. Your government hasn't put you on some nutritional moratorium where you're FORCED to eat horrible foods every day and not move. The fact is, tons of people are in shape or at the very least, not fat, which proves that it's possible. There are options and we have every choice under the rainbow--the crux of our capitalistic society is choice, unlike that ridiculous analogy where people have no choice at all.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #307
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Yeah, that's not even moderately similar.

There are people who blame everyone else for their health issues and there are people who chose to do something about it. Your government hasn't put you on some nutritional moratorium where you're FORCED to eat horrible foods every day and not move. The fact is, tons of people are in shape or at the very least, not fat, which proves that it's possible. There are options and we have every choice under the rainbow--the crux of our capitalistic society is choice, unlike that ridiculous analogy where people have no choice at all.
Brainwashing is brainwashing. Have you tuned into Nickelodeon or the Disney channel lately?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #308
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Brainwashing is brainwashing. Have you tuned into Nickelodeon or the Disney channel lately?

Whatever dude. You of all people should be against saving people from themselves. Just because your kid see's something on tv, doesnt mean you have to let them have it.

My uncles kid was born diabetic. He and his sister do not get unhealthy junk food, ever. They see it on TV all the time, but they dont cry and beg for it. Why? Because they were taught correctly from a young age.

Any parent with an obese kid should be shot in the face. Theres no reason for it.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #309
Sean
giggity

Quote:
Yes, and everyone else who is not fat also grew up on cartoons.

NK has no other options. We have every option under the sun. Stop blaming everyone else for your choices, nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you drink coke at every meal the way people in NK are shot for not wearing a Dear Leader pin every day. Not even close.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #310
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Whatever dude. You of all people should be against saving people from themselves. Just because your kid see's something on tv, doesnt mean you have to let them have it.

My uncles kid was born diabetic. He and his sister do not get unhealthy junk food, ever. They see it on TV all the time, but they dont cry and beg for it. Why? Because they were taught correctly from a young age.

Any parent with an obese kid should be shot in the face. Theres no reason for it.
I'd be more than willing to agree with your argument if you were rallying against new laws and government control, but that's not what I'm debating in favor of.

All I'm debating for is an end to corn subsidies and an effort to reverse America's fast food culture.

What is so great about leaving the food system as is?

Quote:
Yes, and everyone else who is not fat also grew up on cartoons.

NK has no other options. We have every option under the sun. Stop blaming everyone else for your choices, nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you drink coke at every meal the way people in NK are shot for not wearing a Dear Leader pin every day. Not even close.
Yes thank you, I was aware of all that. There are varying levels of brainwashing, or whatever you want to call it.