Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 08-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #31
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

As for the original topic of this thread, those new Civics are fucking hideous. I was looking one over in the showroom while buying my Pilot. I think the only Honda vehicle I like now is my Pilot. I'd rather have a Mazda 3 than a Civic.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #32
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
My favorite is sitting at a light and have some clown in a riced out heap standing on the gas making that crazy gazoo noise.....just dying for some attention.

I can't help but laugh and think about how, when I was a kid, my friends and I would clothes pin a piece of cardboard to on the frame of our bicycles so it would slap against the spokes as we rode....make some noise...feel like we were going FAST.
Haters!

I was just the opposite when I had my Eclipse. I removed all labels that advertised GSX, AWD, or turbo. Installed a 16G turbo, but left the exhaust stock in appearance. It would run 13.7-13.8 in the quarter mile, but looked like a baseline model from the outside. Few things were more satisfying than unexpectedly leaving a Camaro or Mustang sitting at the line .

The next light always played out in one of two scenarios: 1. Other driver looks dead ahead, will not make eye contact no matter what (happened most if they had some chica with them) or 2. they rolled down their window and asked what trickery I was up to.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #33
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
I was just the opposite when I had my Eclipse. I removed all labels that advertised GSX, AWD, or turbo.
Loved those cars; those were pretty bad ass back in the day.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #34
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Based on personal experiences, I would disagree with it not being a good economy car; my wife's Civic was a great little car for what it was. And my '89 CRX Si I had (essentially a Civic) was pretty much bullet proof. I was just about to turn 200,000 trouble-free miles when I got T-boned in that car 12 years ago. Other than normal maintenance, neither car had a problem. Both had excellent fuel economy. Ergonomics were good (not great, but good). Interior quality was good. Fit and finish of body panels was good.
My apologies, I was unclear with my statement. Civics used to be good economy cars.

That shit has been over for a good decade. They keep adding too much crap to them in the name of luxury, and have sacrificed economy as a result. Today's Civic is overpriced, underperforming, and doesn't get near the fuel economy of a Civic from the mid-90's.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #35
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I will agree that it has gotten overweight, in fact it is just as big as a 90's Accord now, but in terms of "underperforming", the current Si and the one right before it would blow away any previous Si.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #36
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Loved those cars; those were pretty bad ass back in the day.
Probably my favorite all-around car I ever owned. Incredible power from a little 2.0 (21 years ago), insanely reliable, and handled better than anything I owned up to that point.

It's sad how far Mitsubishi has fallen since the early 90's; there's nothing in their line-up I would even consider driving today.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #37
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Probably my favorite all-around car I ever owned. Incredible power from a little 2.0 (21 years ago), insanely reliable, and handled better than anything I owned up to that point.

It's sad how far Mitsubishi has fallen since the early 90's; there's nothing in their line-up I would even consider driving today.
Agreed

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #38
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:

Yeah, I always dug the first-gen DSMs. AWD + turbo + lightweight car = awesome go-kart on steroids fun. Unfortunately, I've always been just a little too big to fit in them very well.

ETA: As far as their current line-up goes, I wouldn't turn down a new EVO.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #39
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

This thread reminds me of the fun I had in my Conquest TSi. Had a silver one like this.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #40
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
This thread reminds me of the fun I had in my Conquest TSi. Had a silver one like this.

My roommate in FL had one of those, but never got it running in the ~3 years I knew him. He said it was pretty quick back in its day.