Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #31
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Just because you can't figure it out, doesn't mean it makes no sense.

I'd explain it, but I'd likely be wasting my time trying to explain common sense.

Cars are more likely to bunch up in a no passing zone, because they can't pass legally, therefore, there is more likely to be a longer line of cars in a no passing zone..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #32
Rider
Moto GP Star

This is why I hate all forms of news media. Everything get sensationalized. The guys driving record isn't that bad, no proof was ever made that this guy was the one doing wheelies and the story never stated who was drinking. That facts are she turned left and he ran into her. This isn't even news worthy but a motorcycle was involved so the media spices it up to bring more negativity to the riding community.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Oh I have...not that you were addressing me BUT when you take that chance and you fail...it's on you. I just find it funny when everyone automatically defends the biker and blames the person he slammed in to...when again...it was a no passing zone...he played...he lost...time to pay the piper.

Ok...what if that was your mother...sister...or "woman" in the car ? Two sides to everything I guess.

Can anyone tell if that was a GSXR ?
CBR900RR... see if he had been riding a fast bike, he might have made it!

If my mom was out driving drunk and she turned into some dumb ass making a stupid pass, I would still try to see both sides. Honestly. There are several sides to this story. I like how some dumass on this board jumped up and condemned this guy because of all of his traffic violations... I'm like whoopie doo!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #34
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I was kind of thinking along the same lines. If he hit the driver side and she was turning left, then he was passing her (or other cars + her). How fast was he going to make the pass? I can't tell from the picture, but is that an area where he can safely pass, or was he crossing a solid yellow to pass? Too many factors to know for sure...
More to the fire:

If he was in fact passing on the left, in a no passing zone, that would indicate a double yellow line. If the woman was making a left into her driveway across the double yellow, she is also at fault.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
This is why I hate all forms of news media. Everything get sensationalized. The guys driving record isn't that bad, no proof was ever made that this guy was the one doing wheelies and the story never stated who was drinking. That facts are she turned left and he ran into her. This isn't even news worthy but a motorcycle was involved so the media spices it up to bring more negativity to the riding community.
Exactly!!! The guy was an impatient dumb ass to be sure but I've seen this same maneuver many times. I honestly also avoid passing on double yellow and I try not to pass multiple targets because you never know what the front vehicle is up to... but I won't condemn another person for doing something even if I've only done it once. That is the very definition of hypocrisy.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #36
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Just because you can't figure it out, doesn't mean it makes no sense.

I'd explain it, but I'd likely be wasting my time trying to explain common sense.

Cars are more likely to bunch up in a no passing zone, because they can't pass legally, therefore, there is more likely to be a longer line of cars in a no passing zone..
Exactly. And if the cars are bunched up close together and you're itching to pass on a double yellow, chances are you'll pass more than one rather than squeeze between two of them.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #37
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
More to the fire:

If he was in fact passing on the left, in a no passing zone, that would indicate a double yellow line. If the woman was making a left into her driveway across the double yellow, she is also at fault.
down here, they have a break in the double yellows for side streets and such.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #38
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
If the woman was making a left into her driveway across the double yellow, she is also at fault.
You lost me there, how does that work?
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #39
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
down here, they have a break in the double yellows for side streets and such.
Here too...but not driveways. People do stop (on state highway two-lanes), and make lefts into their drives...across the double yellow...and usually traffic just flows around them, on the low shoulder. I've even seen NJ State Troopers pass someone making a left on the low shoulder in a flow of traffic...yet I'm pretty sure that stopping and making a left into a driveway across the double yellow is wrong.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #40
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
CBR900RR... see if he had been riding a fast bike, he might have made it!

If my mom was out driving drunk and she turned into some dumb ass making a stupid pass, I would still try to see both sides. Honestly. There are several sides to this story. I like how some dumass on this board jumped up and condemned this guy because of all of his traffic violations... I'm like whoopie doo!!!

Had to throw the GSXR remark in there...glad it wasn't an R1.

I agree if the woman was drunk then that's bad too but it still falls back on passing in a no passing zone unless her turn was illegal....right ?

Yeah I never mentioned his driving record because that shouldn't really matter except maybe in court when they are trying to attack his character I guess.

So if it was the guy on the bike that was drunk how are all of you biker defenders going to take up for him then ? Better call Johnny.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote