Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #31
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

You're an animal buddy.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #32
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
630!!!!
Damn, didn't know any bike wore that chain? Thought 530 was heavy for bikes.
630 chain is heavy. But also super-strong and long-lived. As long as you keep it lubed. My 79 Suzuki GS1000 has the stock 630 O-ring chain.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #33
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

I guess I'll take that as a compliment. I'm in the process now of assembling the motor so I've got one that runs at least.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #34
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Man I hope you are getting these bikes in boxes for free or near free. I got a perfectly working sv650 for $2400. It had a dent in the tank and some scatches but it ran and did not show up with anything to put together.

I mean I just hope your not paying good money for all this work your doing.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #35
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
the CCT issue was all 600's up to the F4i I think, and the 1000F models, plus the 1100XX. I think the 900's and 600/1000RRs didnt/dont have the problem.
Superhawks had the same issue... I remember reading lots about it when I was researching them as a potential purchase.

OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #36
BobTheBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
Man I hope you are getting these bikes in boxes for free or near free. I got a perfectly working sv650 for $2400. It had a dent in the tank and some scatches but it ran and did not show up with anything to put together.

I mean I just hope your not paying good money for all this work your doing.
nah, didnt pay more than $70 for a friend to take me up to get em in his truck. I right now have the motor DONE and ready to be mounted, I'm just having a hard time with the installing it in the bike part for whatever reason.

but its a BEASTLY machine honestly. I have this feeling its going to be a damned rolling couch with the stock bars, and corbin seat I've got. I"m going to rock this motherfucker all across the land for certain.

No Worries, you're absolutely right about the long lived part. I think the 630 chain I've got, well all 3 of them, are the originals for each bike. one set of sprockets/chain shows its worn out, but the good bike's chain/sprocket set looks good to me, like its got a long life left before I need to replace it. Anyone know where I can get 630 O Ring chains new for UNDER $660? yes OEM 630 chains list for that freakin much.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #37
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I thought I was gonna bump to a 1k one day. then i did a track day on my 600. I'll never need a 1k.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #38
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Most of the time you can mount the back of the engine and then tilt up. I have also on a track bike layed the engine on its side and then layed the bike on top of it and picked them both up after the engine was in.

You may want to look into a chain kit that is a different size a 520 with steel front and rear would hold that engine it does not have that much power by todays standards.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #39
BobTheBiker

tilting the rear motor mount in first was my original intent, doesnt work cause the shifter shaft hits the frame first, and laying this thing on its side is much easier said than done, this thing weighs 600 pounds and is topheavy.

I dont plan to convert to a 520 chain, I really feel its WAY TOO light for this motor. by todays standards this thing is still powerful to me. 70+ft/lb of torque is nothing to laugh at I dont think. and yes this bike actually has that much torque, no 520 for me. plus I have a hell of a time finding anything other than 530 conversion sprockets for this thing.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #40
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
...plus I have a hell of a time finding anything other than 530 conversion sprockets for this thing.
My Motion Pro Jumbo chain breaker only goes up to 530. I'll probably go with a 530 conversion if I have to.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote