Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

thats some bullshit he should have stand it back up instead of calling it
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #32
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Terrible fight.

And if it wasn't for Fatty McFatterson, I think Kimbo could've rocked him a few more times. Instead since Kimbo couldn't bench press Big Cunt off of his face, the ref calls it. Weaksauce
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #33
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Isn't it Kimbo's job to:
1. Get out of that position
2. Stay out of that position

Now having said that, Big Cuntry did nothing memorable, IMO. He didn't do shit except trap Kimbo's arms and baby punch him until it was stopped. Not 1 punch landed when he had full mount, or 1 elbow when he had both arms trapped.
That was his plan from the get go. He didn't want to fight Kimbo, he said he was going to do that the day before the fight, when he was telling his teammates to count the unanswered punches so the ref would have to stop it. Solid strategy (albeit very boring), but doesn't exactly make you popular with fans or promoters.

No wonder Dana White was pissed.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #34
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Looks like the "rumor" I mentioned earlier in Post # 19 wasn't BS at all.

I hope he gets back in as well...makes the show interesting at least. I'm not a big Kimbo fan but after seeing him on the show I like him a little better and no I don't mean based on his performance.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #35
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Personally I think it may have been staged. Funny how BC was telling people all you have to do is tap thier face. Doesn't even cause damage but they'll stop the fight if they can't defend against it.
Then miraculously that's exactly what happens in the fight. First fight had so much blood you could fill a drip pan and yet no stoppage. this fight no pain/blood/or damage but they stop it? Nah it is a set up for Marcus to back out and Kimbo will come back and then suddenly destroy his next opponent.

Just my opinion.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #36
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Personally I think it may have been staged. Funny how BC was telling people all you have to do is tap thier face. Doesn't even cause damage but they'll stop the fight if they can't defend against it.
Then miraculously that's exactly what happens in the fight. First fight had so much blood you could fill a drip pan and yet no stoppage. this fight no pain/blood/or damage but they stop it? Nah it is a set up for Marcus to back out and Kimbo will come back and then suddenly destroy his next opponent.

Just my opinion.
I share this exact opinion
Old 10-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #37
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post

Just my opinion.
You could be right and if it wasn't then....I hope they make a rule change to where the punches have to at least look like they are causing some pain/damage.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #38
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I have a lot more respect for Kimbo after watching this season. Not so much as a fighter, but as a person. The guy does not at all seem like the meat headed goon I had originally judged him to be.

I hope he works hard and makes a name for himself.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #39
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I have a lot more respect for Kimbo after watching this season. Not so much as a fighter, but as a person. The guy does not at all seem like the meat headed goon I had originally judged him to be.

I feel the same way. Having watched him on youtube prior I "thought" that I really didn't like him at all.

I do feel different about him now.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #40
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post

Dana White said pretty much the same thing today on the radio.

I will admit I got caught up in his hype as well. A couple of buddies and I met Kimbo at a local gym and he really seems to be a normal down to earth kinda guy.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote