Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #31
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'll take a break for now... Peace (or the closest thing to it)
Your post sounds sensible. I like the bike in your avatar too.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #32
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

They might have a huge military, but their training sucks compared to ours, and their equipment, even with all the money they save by starving their citizens, doesn't compare.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #33
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
They might have a huge military, but their training sucks compared to ours, and their equipment, even with all the money they save by starving their citizens, doesn't compare.
Don't kid yourself on this one. Yes they don't have the resources or equipment that we do, but they have one main advantage. They train to fight in one environment, the mountains and jungles of the korean peninsular. They also have one of the largest special ops forces in the world, and by spec ops I mean guerrilla warfare. They also structured their fighting forces for mobility with an emphasis on tanks, self powered artillery and APC's. They are definately not some backwoods band of jungle fighters.

Where we have the advantage is in air and sea superiority. They couldnt fly for shit, KJI is so scared of them defecting, many pilots have flown one time or less as professionals. Their air defense artillery is also primarily based on vietnam era technology. The nave is primarily using pre korean war technology upgraded with vietnam era weapons. An estimated 1/2 of their ships are in such dissrepair that they dont dare leave the safety of harbours.

With all that, I wouldnt want a ground fight vs N Korea, and any air or naval strikes can expect a retalitory ground invasion of the south.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #34
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
They are definately not some backwoods band of jungle fighters.
Too bad for them....one thing the U.S. has proven in the past 40 years....we don't stand a chance against backwoods bands of jungle fighters.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #35
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Too bad for them....one thing the U.S. has proven in the past 40 years....we don't stand a chance against backwoods bands of jungle fighters.
Actually I kinda agree with you on that. We are great at fighting big wars vs large formations and organised armies. But trying to fight organized bands of small groups of fighters is impossible. thats why Alquaeda, mujahaddeen, taliban, and all the other fighters in iraq and afghan are so good at what they do.

When i think of backwoods jungle fighter I think of dudes with blowguns and spears.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #36
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

You take out NKs leadership and the Chinese will fill the vacuum.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #37
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Don't kid yourself on this one. Yes they don't have the resources or equipment that we do, but they have one main advantage. They train to fight in one environment, the mountains and jungles of the korean peninsular. They also have one of the largest special ops forces in the world, and by spec ops I mean guerrilla warfare. They also structured their fighting forces for mobility with an emphasis on tanks, self powered artillery and APC's. They are definately not some backwoods band of jungle fighters.

Where we have the advantage is in air and sea superiority. They couldnt fly for shit, KJI is so scared of them defecting, many pilots have flown one time or less as professionals. Their air defense artillery is also primarily based on vietnam era technology. The nave is primarily using pre korean war technology upgraded with vietnam era weapons. An estimated 1/2 of their ships are in such dissrepair that they dont dare leave the safety of harbours.

With all that, I wouldnt want a ground fight vs N Korea, and any air or naval strikes can expect a retalitory ground invasion of the south.
I totally agree, however, our troops are pretty battle hardened fighting two wars for the better part of the decade. The thing I would be worried about is we will be stretched real thin fighting three seperate campaigns.
Also, we best make sure China stays neutral or sides with us or we will be in big trouble.
We have a big advantage in fire power/tech and battle experiance. Iraq had the fourth largest Army before we plowed through there(if I remember correctly?)
Also, when I was in Iraq, it had extreme temp changes...it was 130*F in the summer and got to around freezing in the winter(I was at Habbaneya/Falluja).
Korea has VERY cold winters, if you recall the frozen Chosin.
The deal with the first Korean conflict was the Soviet/China support for N Korea, winters and the guerilla aspect.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #38
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
tHAT BE AWESOME YO!!!!

Especially when the trade winds carry that fallout shit over to China Mongolia and Russia...maybe even Japan!!!

Maximum ownage!!!

thats unless the Chinese get all Kung foo on us and launch once they see warheads heading in their direction.

Then it attains a level of awesome that even Youtube cannot contain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpjgl2baLs
Old 05-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #39
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
You take out NKs leadership and the Chinese will fill the vacuum.
Yeah, with Lead and Melamine.

JC
Old 05-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #40
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
A couple of nukes dropped on there asses would be sweet. Have us a little yellow tailed BBQ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5VH11IP6Kg