Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #31
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Choco is about 50 miles from me but I guess if somewhere floods once every 20 years it deserves a reputation for flooding...

Dude I'm just playing......I'm from Michigan too, and I still prefer it over NC. I lived in Greensboro and what a bore that was. Now, Asheville would have been better, but maybe next time around.

And it's more like 25 miles, foo
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #32
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Congrats Alex! You should have plenty of time to on the night shift w/ the rest of the over nighters around here

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #33
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Exactly what I was thinking Eric!

I actually only have about 2 hours of work to do and after that just waiting around at the counter for someone to need something. That leaves me bored off my ass until 6am.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #34
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

It remains to be seen if I'm going to be a night owl at the next job....although I have put in applications for overnight work...and most of these pay shift differential of about 10%!

Alex, does your night auditor job paying shift differential? Just curious.....my most recent night job is the only one that didn't...

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #35
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Quote:
It remains to be seen if I'm going to be a night owl at the next job....although I have put in applications for overnight work...and most of these pay shift differential of about 10%!

Alex, does your night auditor job paying shift differential? Just curious.....my most recent night job is the only one that didn't...

It does in the sense that I am paid 2-3 dollars more per hour than anyone on the day time front desk except for maybe a supervisor. The other day time positions were paid 9-10 dollars an hour.

Last year I got to know the night auditor pretty well and I assumed he was paid a bit more because he was actually an accountant, nope even silly people like me get this "raise".

Not that I want you to get any more displeased with your old job, but even Walmart paid me 1.00 dollar more per hour to switch to night shift.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #36
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
It does in the sense that I am paid 2-3 dollars more per hour than anyone on the day time front desk except for maybe a supervisor. The other day time positions were paid 9-10 dollars an hour.

Last year I got to know the night auditor pretty well and I assumed he was paid a bit more because he was actually an accountant, nope even silly people like me get this "raise".

Not that I want you to get any more displeased with your old job, but even Walmart paid me 1.00 dollar more per hour to switch to night shift.

I know. I've done the overnight Wal-Mart gig quite a few years ago. I've actually thought about them. The pay was nice on overnights, even then, and the work isn't hard there. Not exactly what I'm looking for but I can't be picky right now.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #37
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Quote:
I know. I've done the overnight Wal-Mart gig quite a few years ago. I've actually thought about them. The pay was nice on overnights, even then, and the work isn't hard there. Not exactly what I'm looking for but I can't be picky right now.
Yeah I applied at the one nearby and didn't get a call from them. The work is ridiculously easy and if you don't mind some of the attitudes (could be said for any job though), it will at least help you pay the bills. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #38
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Yeah I applied at the one nearby and didn't get a call from them. The work is ridiculously easy and if you don't mind some of the attitudes (could be said for any job though), it will at least help you pay the bills. Gotta do what ya gotta do.
About the only thing I hated doing was facing the frozen foods. I have respect for people who can make those little bitty pizza boxes stand on end in a uniformed row without knocking them over.

I mainly helped do stocking, which was just fine with me, even though I was a cashier. At least it allowed me to work on my own without a supervisor standing over me.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-20-2009, 12:29 AM   #39
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Quote:
About the only thing I hated doing was facing the frozen foods. I have respect for people who can make those little bitty pizza boxes stand on end in a uniformed row without knocking them over.

I mainly helped do stocking, which was just fine with me, even though I was a cashier. At least it allowed me to work on my own without a supervisor standing over me.
Cashiering at nightshift was boring as hell. I helped stock a couple time just because it made time go by much faster. I enjoyed it though, I was surrounded by a bunch of old ladies who all thought of me as a son/grandkid. Always feeing me things they brought from home, it was like working with 10 grandmothers.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #40
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

You sir, are very lucky. I'm still scouring for a replacement job. Congrats though, it'll be great to feel useful again. lol
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote