Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 01-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #31
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I notice more smugness from PC users than the other way around

From what I've seen, Apple users don't start insulting PC products unless the PC fanboyz throw insults first.
Wrong normally they insult PC when saying why they went to the Mac. All this while wearing a Kool aid stash.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #32
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Wrong normally they insult PC when saying why they went to the Mac. All this while wearing a Kool aid stash.

James
They might insult PC products, maybe due to crashing or catching viruses more often, but you don't often hear them insulting PC users.

For PC users it's the other way around....They insult Apple users more often than they insult Apple products.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #33
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I don't know why people compare the Telsa to a gas car. If you are looking at a Telsa you want an electric car to be green to for an electric car to beat around the city when not using your gas ride. If you want to compare it to something, compare it to other electric cars or maybe even hybirds.

James
Old 01-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #34
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
If you are looking at a Telsa you want an electric car to be green...
That is part of the debate. Just how "green" is the Tesla? Nobody really knows other than it isn't as "green" as people like to think. I don't believe anybody would really care about that (or that the same statement applies to hybrids), except a portion of those who buy these cars (or hybrids) base a large part of the purchasing decision on the questionable ability to feel superior to anyone driving a conventional car. Since owners of these vehicles generally insist on comparing the morality of their car to that of conventional internal combustion vehicles they can expect their car's practicality and expense to be compared similarly.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #35
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
I don't know why people compare the Telsa to a gas car. If you are looking at a Telsa you want an electric car to be green to for an electric car to beat around the city when not using your gas ride. If you want to compare it to something, compare it to other electric cars or maybe even hybirds.

James
No way.

That car wasn't built for it's "green" possibilities. No way. It is a car first - built with a different option on the motor. So, it will be compared to other cars in the class that it was built. Comparing it directly to other Lotus options is more than fair.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #36
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
No way.

That car wasn't built for it's "green" possibilities. No way. It is a car first - built with a different option on the motor. So, it will be compared to other cars in the class that it was built. Comparing it directly to other Lotus options is more than fair.

Agreed...
However sticking the "green" label on it allowed Tesla to tickle the grapes of congress and get some big fat federal funds last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #37
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Oh regulation is mandatory in a lot of aspects in the energy world. Even in deregulated Texas, they are massively regulated.
I was just goading 101. Sometimes, when things impact people in a critical way, regulation is a must. You can't always have unchecked and unbridled capitalism over democracy.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #38
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:

James
Because electric cars won't be marketable to the masses until they are on par with gas cars. To really gain a foothold they have to convince the general public that they are a value (or cheap enough to be fashionable for the upper middle class) to buy. Everyone I know that has a hybrid bought it as a second car or is trying to convince me that they save money on gas, which is true, until you factor in the extra 10k cost of the car vs a comparable gas model.

And if the car company and people really wanted to save on gas, VW sells a diesle in europe that gets 75mpg on a regular diesle engine. The tech is there, but car companies don't think thats what we really want.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4219904.html
Old 01-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #39
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
No way.

I disagree. If Lotus built it then I could agree. It was built by a company that wanted to build an electric car that was still fun to drive and be a performance machine. They liked the Lotus and used that as the body/frame work for their car.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 01-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #40
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Because electric cars won't be marketable to the masses until they are on par with gas cars. To really gain a foothold they have to convince the general public that they are a value (or cheap enough to be fashionable for the upper middle class) to buy. Everyone I know that has a hybrid bought it as a second car or is trying to convince me that they save money on gas, which is true, until you factor in the extra 10k cost of the car vs a comparable gas model.

And if the car company and people really wanted to save on gas, VW sells a diesle in europe that gets 75mpg on a regular diesle engine. The tech is there, but car companies don't think thats what we really want.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4219904.html
It has to be developed and be used by more people before the price comes down. It has to start somewhere.

The people buying the cars now with the higher prices are kinda investing in this technology. Just like the people that bought some of the first tvs.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"