Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #31
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

This shit is funny to me. Well I'm still here and when i get back to normal world with my bike I'll put in some more time on this non-nazi regieme site. The sure took a big healthy sit all over that board. I wish I was there to watch the progress of OSP getting banned haha.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Bottom line, Shan wanted out because he had other things going on. VS offered him that out, but they ended up taking a shit on his creation.
I don't by that... from what I've heard... he's doing a lot more posting than he used to... granted I never saw the mods side... but doesn't sound like he's OUT... and he's sure fighting for it pretty hard when he just wanted out...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #33
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I don't by that... from what I've heard... he's doing a lot more posting than he used to... granted I never saw the mods side... but doesn't sound like he's OUT... and he's sure fighting for it pretty hard when he just wanted out...

Agreed. If he wanted out, he wouldn't worry about keeping it alive by posting so much. My guess is that he's somehow getting a cut. Only reason to try to keep it alive, at least in my opinion.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #34
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Agreed. If he wanted out, he wouldn't worry about keeping it alive by posting so much. My guess is that he's somehow getting a cut. Only reason to try to keep it alive, at least in my opinion.

agreed. We'd hear from him what, once a month? then he sells out and suddenly posts up a bunch of threads?

IDK, but i smell a fish market.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
agreed. We'd hear from him what, once a month? then he sells out and suddenly posts up a bunch of threads?

IDK, but i smell a fish market.
I totally agree! I'm no expert but you can't hold onto sponsors unless you keep a high post count. Besides,if he really just wanted out,why didn't he just offer the forum to one of the other admins or mods? All this could have been avoided if he had done that. I'm sure Trip or Gasman would have taken over,right? I mean for the most part you guys were running the show day to day anyway.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #36
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I totally agree! I'm no expert but you can't hold onto sponsors unless you keep a high post count. Besides,if he really just wanted out,why didn't he just offer the forum to one of the other admins or mods? All this could have been avoided if he had done that. I'm sure Trip or Gasman would have taken over,right? I mean for the most part you guys were running the show day to day anyway.

pretty much. the forum never needed to be "ran"... it was pretty self sufficient.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #37
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I'm not sure about that NtS... from what I've gathered... Gas and them did a lot to weed out spam and shit
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #38
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post

pretty much. the forum never needed to be "ran"... it was pretty self sufficient.
Yeah until we all left. I remember going back once and seeing about 10 threads posted by Shan. Only thing that came to mind was that he was trying to keep it afloat til the new members came in. I agree with Cap'n, why else would he be trying to keep it going if he wasn't getting a cut?
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #39
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I'm not sure about that NtS... from what I've gathered... Gas and them did a lot to weed out spam and shit

c'mon. you and i were there enough to notice any spam threads as soon as any of the mods did. They were there, but they were hardly a dent in the site, let alone a threat.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Yeah until we all left. I remember going back once and seeing about 10 threads posted by Shan. Only thing that came to mind was that he was trying to keep it afloat til the new members came in. I agree with Cap'n, why else would he be trying to keep it going if he wasn't getting a cut?
Totally,plus there may be something in the contract where he got partial payment to start and the rest when it was proven viable.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote