Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #31
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Then get the fuck out of my way!!!!
I'm with you dude. I was never happier than the left lane being 90+...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #32
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

101...it's easier to roll tighter when you aren't going over 45mph...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #33
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

I like driving in MI because people actually go. They don't screw around and we get places. Erik has a fit when I drive anywhere because I will go with the flow of traffic even if it means balls out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Yes...

pet peeve

when mofos get on the highway into the right lane and go straight to the left when there is NOBODY in any lane in front of them. That shit is STUPID ANNOYING!
No kidding. Ohio is terrible for drivers like this. I'll pass on the right all the while blowing my horn at them to GTF over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So why not stay right, so that they don't have to do that? It's just common courtesy. Plus it's safer when people pass on the left, not the right.
I think a lot of people think they are the only ones on the road so they can drive where ever they please, having no regard for anyone around them. I HATE passing on the right but do it if I need to.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #34
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobuny View Post
Where are you going and when will you be here? Bringing the bike? Let us know maybe we can hook up!
Just coming over in the car to hit up Sportbike Trackgear, Target, and Ruby Tuesday.

Still trying to work that Grattan weekend so I'll let you know.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #35
snobuny
Kneedragger

Moto: 01 kawa 600R, 03 636 track, yz250motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Just coming over in the car to hit up Sportbike Trackgear, Target, and Ruby Tuesday.

Still trying to work that Grattan weekend so I'll let you know.
I work 10 minutes from sportbiketrackgear.......Let me know when you will be over and if I am not too busy maybe we can do lunch/dinner. I work tues/thurs and friday this week.
snobuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #36
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
101...it's easier to roll tighter when you aren't going over 45mph...
That is only rush hour in the city. In the suburbs and desert areas, it's wide open, 5 lanes each direction, average speeds 85 or so.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #37
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

SC driving sucks.. it seems the norm to travel the EXACT limit on highways. I have to pass people when I'm only going 5 over. There are some stubborn people that stay in the left, but most stay right. There are tight groups of people that go 85+, but I see too many cops to risk that.

NJ driving was nice. It was the norm to go 5 over, and most stay right for the daredevils that aren't scared of tickets.

MI driving.. I don't want to drive there if it's normal for people to tailgate like that. I'd just slow down to piss people off till they pass. I don't trust anyone enough to tailgate going 85 mph.. city traffic sure w/e, but highway speeds nuh uh.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
SC driving sucks.. it seems the norm to travel the EXACT limit on highways.
I experienced the same thing living in NC, whenever I'd go between Greensboro and Charlotte. I don't know whether it's because they're afraid of cops, or they're not car enthusiasts, or because the limited number of lanes in each direction makes them feel nervous. You go down to Atlanta and people drive way faster. Which is either because the highways are wider there, or because most of them are ex-Northerners, lol.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #39
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Well, I drove for three years in Germany where the REAL TALK Autobahn is, and let me tell ya, you don't roll in the left lane unless you are passing ONLY. If you were to get and I mean be the one that is rear-ended on the Autobahn in the left lane then it is your fault and you are cited.

My favorite story of my driving the A-bahn over there- I rolling along hitting th limiter on my 96 Dodge Neon at 118 mph and passing some one doing about 80 when I see a vehicle must have been at least 1/4 mile back in my rear view. Looked to the sideview to make sure I could move back out of the left lane and by the time I was checking the rearview again on my lane change the car was now about 100 yards behind me. This all happened in about, 5-15 seconds. Right after I clear the lane a red blur passes me like I was standing still and again I was goin around 118, every now and then the limiter would slow me down.

So after driving there and driving here I do get a little crazed when some tool is just sunday drivin in the left. that is the go fast lane if you aren't screamin, then move the F over.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #40
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Well, I drove for three years in Germany where the REAL TALK Autobahn is, and let me tell ya, you don't roll in the left lane unless you are passing ONLY. If you were to get and I mean be the one that is rear-ended on the Autobahn in the left lane then it is your fault and you are cited.

My favorite story of my driving the A-bahn over there- I rolling along hitting th limiter on my 96 Dodge Neon at 118 mph and passing some one doing about 80 when I see a vehicle must have been at least 1/4 mile back in my rear view. Looked to the sideview to make sure I could move back out of the left lane and by the time I was checking the rearview again on my lane change the car was now about 100 yards behind me. This all happened in about, 5-15 seconds. Right after I clear the lane a red blur passes me like I was standing still and again I was goin around 118, every now and then the limiter would slow me down.

So after driving there and driving here I do get a little crazed when some tool is just sunday drivin in the left. that is the go fast lane if you aren't screamin, then move the F over.
yup i had the same thing happen to me while driving on the actual autobahn.. I think it was a porsche that flew by.. not really sure.. We were doing about 125mph in an OPEL Vectra.. Damn 4 cyls..
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote