Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #431
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

On another note, has anyone see the Galaxy S3 yet? All the hype sounds nice, but if it's as thin and fragile-feeling as the older Galaxys, I'll pass.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #432
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Awhile ago they hit 50,000 apps, might be more now.

ATT uses LTE now

Really? Had no idea..

Their 4G works in a lot more areas than their LTE does. Their 4G is more like 3G+. Closest LTE area is NYC. 80 miles away.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #433
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
ATT uses LTE now
Their LTE network is still pretty shitty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #434
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Took a look at the Verizon selection of phones. What a disappointment. Aside from the fact that all the Verizon phones were non-functional dummy units, not a single one stood out as a must have. I couldn't give a shit about the Galaxy Nexus if I tried. The RAZR Maxx looks like shit, and whatever the hell that Samsung is with the slide out keyboard, I'll pass. Samsung in general is a complete pass. The shit UI they put on it is a deal killer.

I peeked at the AT&T selection as well. They had 6 Galaxy Notes all hooked up and running. That is a big motherfucking phone/tablet/thing. I almost really like it. The HTC One X is a really nice looking phone. It was also a dummy unit, but the look and physical feel of the phone was very nice. The specs are nice too. If it were on Verizon, I'd have probably walked out with a new phone. Unfortunately, Verizon has stated that they're not getting the HTC One series of phones, instead opting for another shitty iteration of the Incredible. Fuck that. The other surprise was a fully functioning Lumia 900. That's a damn sharp phone. Really nice, solid construction, super quick and ultra smooth UI, and just really well done. I think, after playing around with it for a while, I could easily live with one of the newer Windows phones. They've done a damn fine job of making it solid phone. I would have loved to have compared it to ICS on the Galaxy Nexus to see how they match up, but against Gingerbread, I'd much rather have the Windows Phone 7.5 operating system.

Again, though, not available on Verizon. They're dick and balls deep in their own branded Android shit that's starting to get dull and tedious. So, as of now, I'm staying with the iPhone 4.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #435
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Took a look at the Verizon selection of phones. What a disappointment. Aside from the fact that all the Verizon phones were non-functional dummy units, not a single one stood out as a must have. I couldn't give a shit about the Galaxy Nexus if I tried. The RAZR Maxx looks like shit, and whatever the hell that Samsung is with the slide out keyboard, I'll pass. Samsung in general is a complete pass. The shit UI they put on it is a deal killer.

I peeked at the AT&T selection as well. They had 6 Galaxy Notes all hooked up and running. That is a big motherfucking phone/tablet/thing. I almost really like it. The HTC One X is a really nice looking phone. It was also a dummy unit, but the look and physical feel of the phone was very nice. The specs are nice too. If it were on Verizon, I'd have probably walked out with a new phone. Unfortunately, Verizon has stated that they're not getting the HTC One series of phones, instead opting for another shitty iteration of the Incredible. Fuck that. The other surprise was a fully functioning Lumia 900. That's a damn sharp phone. Really nice, solid construction, super quick and ultra smooth UI, and just really well done. I think, after playing around with it for a while, I could easily live with one of the newer Windows phones. They've done a damn fine job of making it solid phone. I would have loved to have compared it to ICS on the Galaxy Nexus to see how they match up, but against Gingerbread, I'd much rather have the Windows Phone 7.5 operating system.

Again, though, not available on Verizon. They're dick and balls deep in their own branded Android shit that's starting to get dull and tedious. So, as of now, I'm staying with the iPhone 4.
Did you browse any with the Lumina? I heard someone talk about how the layout wasn't good for browsing forums.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #436
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Did you browse any with the Lumina? I heard someone talk about how the layout wasn't good for browsing forums.
I didn't try out any forums, but I did try the browser. It seems to be quite competent on the stuff I would normally go to. I don't generally go to any forums on my phone, so I can't comment on how it would handle them. Otherwise, I was really impressed with both the Lumia and WP7.5. It's gotten a good deal of polish in the last year or so. I still don't get why there's still a slight stutter on screen transitions and some scrolling on Android phones. It stands out far more to me now after using the iPhone and seeing Windows handle the same thing without any lag. There's gotta be something in the actual coding, because the phones definitely have the hardware to keep things smooth.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 06-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #437
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I didn't try out any forums, but I did try the browser. It seems to be quite competent on the stuff I would normally go to. I don't generally go to any forums on my phone, so I can't comment on how it would handle them. Otherwise, I was really impressed with both the Lumia and WP7.5. It's gotten a good deal of polish in the last year or so. I still don't get why there's still a slight stutter on screen transitions and some scrolling on Android phones. It stands out far more to me now after using the iPhone and seeing Windows handle the same thing without any lag. There's gotta be something in the actual coding, because the phones definitely have the hardware to keep things smooth.
Here is the review I was talking about.........The browsing complaint was due to the screen's low resolution, which they say makes small font hard to read.

Then they go on to say that its screen is the "most beautiful".......I'm not sure how those two statements co-exist
Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #438
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Here is the review I was talking about.........The browsing complaint was due to the screen's low resolution, which they say makes small font hard to read.

Then they go on to say that its screen is the "most beautiful".......I'm not sure how those two statements co-exist
I'll try and get another hands on with it some time this week and check it out. I don't really recall any of the fonts being difficult to read, but it wasn't something I was focusing my attention as much as the general use of the browser and the UI elements. It has a gorgeous screen on it from what I've seen, and the transitions from the home screen to apps and even between different parts of the application are incredibly smooth. The design on some of the apps like the native mail client were really nice, though I've been partial to the Zune type font they've been using, far more than Helvetica and Arial.

Amazon currently has the Galaxy Nexus for a penny. That makes it a little more interesting, but I can't help but feel that it's about a month or two away from feeling annoyingly dated.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #439
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I know theres an app to show tv antennas, but what about cell towers? I live in a very flat area awith no trees and verizons data coverage sucks ass.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #440
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I know theres an app to show tv antennas, but what about cell towers? I live in a very flat area awith no trees and verizons data coverage sucks ass.
Try Open Signal.