Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 07-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #41
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Two things;

First, the theater was a "gun free zone", so law abiding/rule obeying gun people (like most CWP holders) would not have been armed.

Second, Tear gas+dark+body armor+ a shit load of panicked people, does not add up to getting a good result with a hand gun.

JC
I didn't say I thought it would be a good idea. I said I'm shocked. Especially that close to Pueblo.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #42
udman
You are not the Man!!

Moto: Hawk GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I didn't say I thought it would be a good idea. I said I'm shocked. Especially that close to Pueblo.
Why? What's the deal with Pueblo?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #43
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I know, that's just my general response to all the idiots that have said things would have been better, if there were more guns in the movie house.

JC
Old 07-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #44
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...74/detail.html

He really is the batman
Old 07-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #45
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by udman View Post
Highest ratio of tinfoil hats to heads anywhere in the US. No joke.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #46
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Old 07-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #47
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Well fuck me.

Entertainment Weekly finally got a headline right.

JC
Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #48
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by udman View Post
A rather conservative area......so likely to have above-avg # of CCW holders
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #49
Switch
dadbod

As a CCW holder, regular carryer, and owner of an assault rifle, let me say this:

There is no reason why assault rifles should be legal for citizens to possess. You cannot hunt with them, you can target shoot, but hell, you can target shoot with a bolt action Remington 700. They server no legitimate purpose.

That being said, would anyone like to purchase a Bushmaster AR-15 with lots of goodies?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #50
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
As a CCW holder, regular carryer, and owner of an assault rifle, let me say this:

There is no reason why assault rifles should be legal for citizens to possess. You cannot hunt with them, you can target shoot, but hell, you can target shoot with a bolt action Remington 700. They server no legitimate purpose.

That being said, would anyone like to purchase a Bushmaster AR-15 with lots of goodies?
Bull fucking shit.

Quote:
John Adams:

"Arms in the hands of the citizens may be used at individual discretion for the defense of the country, the overthrow of tyranny or private self-defense."

Patrick Henry, 1775:

"They tell us that we are weak -- unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Three million people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us."

Thomas Jefferson:

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Noah Webster, 1787:

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."

George Washington's address to the second session of the First U.S. Congress:

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty, teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizens' firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that, to ensure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 and 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil influence. They deserve a place of honor with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour."
And found on yahoo:

Quote:
The 2nd Amendment tells us that we have a right to bear arms. If you study the history behind this amendment, it was put into the Constitution to ensure that the public held weapons to prevent the government from becoming a tyranny.

The founding fathers of the USA and Jefferson in particular was very concerned with the abuse of power. In many ways the Constitution is extremely liberal. It attempts to define certain actions that the Government can not do in any circumstance. These are actions like limiting free speech, forcing us to accept troops in our homes, and torture. If you study them, you'll see that in every case, what the Bill of Rights attempts to do is to prevent the abuse of power by government.

So the right to bear arms has nothing to do with hunting or even freedom. Bearing arms is simply the last resort to take power back from those who abuse power. The first resort should always be freedom of speech, attempting to argue and negotiate to eliminate the abuse of power. Violence should be the last resort. "But all power ultimately comes from violence" - and I can't remember which philosopher said that.

Thats why we can have cool guns