Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 AM   #41
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

One thing we do not know is why was he being pulled over in the first place. His car may have matched that of a stolen car or of a get away car or who knows. Maybe the cop had a reason to be cautious of this guy.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:30 AM   #42
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Undeserved. The man was not acting in an aggressive manner toward the police officer, yet the police officer was immediately aggressive and excited toward the man because he had exited his vehicle. The police officer immediately escalated the situation instead of defusing it using a militaristic, police state type attitude that everyone must immediately follow every order you scream no matter what.

This is another increasingly common example of a complete failure to deal with the general public using basic courtesy and common sense. The officer himself appeared to be very fearful without just cause. Hey, its a scary job...and if you can't deal with it calmly then go do something else.
I agree they (many of them, just based on clips I've seen & not personal experience) tend to have an overly aggressive militant manner. Probably escalates situations needlessly sometimes, but it also probably shocks people into submission who sometimes wouldn't comply otherwise - it seems almost too 'standardized' for it to not be taught as SOP. Still seems over-the-top for them to immediately launch into it with out a bit more calm & reasoned tone at first, before a subject refuses to comply.

But all that is a moot point, because when an officer of the law tells you to quit approaching him/turn around/get your hands on your head - bitch & debate about it on the internet later all you want, but right then all one has to do to avoid raising the cops 'threat response' and possibly tazing your ass (justified or not), is to simply DO IT.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #43
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Undeserved. The man was not acting in an aggressive manner toward the police officer, yet the police officer was immediately aggressive and excited toward the man because he had exited his vehicle. The police officer immediately escalated the situation instead of defusing it using a militaristic, police state type attitude that everyone must immediately follow every order you scream no matter what.

This is another increasingly common example of a complete failure to deal with the general public using basic courtesy and common sense. The officer himself appeared to be very fearful without just cause. Hey, its a scary job...and if you can't deal with it calmly then go do something else.
Approaching an officer who has told you to stop is an aggressive action, which warrants the drawing of a weapon. Continued failure to comply with his lawful orders, while continuing to approach said officer, warrants action.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #44
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

What action was warranted is obviously up for debate..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #45
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
What action was warranted is obviously up for debate..
Seems to me that it's well within policy. He was failing to comply. He was acting in an irrational manner. It was unknown whether he was armed or not. He had approached the officer. Once backup arrived and there were sufficient officers on hand to subdue him, they did.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #46
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Approaching an officer who has told you to stop is an aggressive action, which warrants the drawing of a weapon. Continued failure to comply with his lawful orders, while continuing to approach said officer, warrants action.
All Police Officers should know how to diffuse potentially tazerific situations before they reach that point. Instead, the asshat in this video is IMMEDIATELY agitated, excited and demanding. The suspect in question is not a soldier in the military and should not be expected to respond 100% favorably to being barked at.

He made no threatening gesture to the officer. The officer was frustrated and pissed that the guy wouldn't bow to his supreme and ultimate power so he continued to scream and repeat the exact same thing over again increasing the suspect's level of agitation as well until he found it necessary to Taze him. I'm aware that officers do not want to get into an argument with an unsubed suspect, however you can't blame Joe. Q. Public for wanting an explanation of what they've done wrong to warrant being arrested before submitting. Barking "TURN AROUND" 80 times does not satisfy that. Again, common courtesy, common sense, respect.

Again, its just another example of a cop that can't and shouldn't be allowed to deal with the general public. We are not their subjects and they are not our kings. Yes, you have to comply with police officers during a traffic stop by law, however as servants of the public they should know how to treat us with respect and deal with the most assholish of us without violence unless absolutely necessary. Taser is a last resort before death, not a tool of submission.

People who desire more power can certainly not be trusted with it.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird

Last edited by Kaneman; 11-06-2009 at 08:53 AM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #47
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
All Police Officers should know how to diffuse potentially tazerific situations before they reach that point. Instead, the asshat in this video is IMMEDIATELY agitated, excited and demanding. The suspect in question is not a soldier in the military and should not be expected to respond 100% favorably to being barked at.

He made no threatening gesture to the officer. The officer was frustrated and pissed that the guy wouldn't bow to his supreme and ultimate power so he continued to scream and repeat the exact same thing over again increasing the suspect's level of agitation as well until he found it necessary to Taze him. I'm aware that officers do not want to get into an argument with an unsubed suspect, however you can't blame Joe. Q. Public for wanting an explanation of what they've done wrong to warrant being arrested before submitting. Barking "TURN AROUND" 80 times does not satisfy that. Again, common courtesy, common sense, respect.

Again, its just another example of a cop that can't and shouldn't be allowed to deal with the general public. We are not their subjects and they are not our kings. Yes, you have to comply with police officers during a traffic stop by law, however as servants of the public they should know how to treat us with respect and deal with the most assholish of us without violence unless absolutely necessary. Taser is a last resort before death, not a tool of submission.
Yes he did, he first got out of the car, then he tried to approach the officer after being told to get back in his car. The police officer was more than patient with him. He had over 3 minutes to comply and he didn't. When he screamed like a little bitch I laughed my ass off because he had it coming.

When you are pulled over and you get out of you car, you are trying to hide something.. open container, drugs, weapons, dead body...or whatever. Sit your ass in the car and take your lumps.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #48
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:

People who desire more power can certainly not be trusted with it.
I see this as an incident that was escalated by an obstinate and STUPID citizen. I agree with Rider's assessment.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #49
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yes he did, he first got out of the car, then he tried to approach the officer after being told to get back in his car. The police officer was more than patient with him. He had over 3 minutes to comply and he didn't. When he screamed like a little bitch I laughed my ass off because he had it coming.

When you are pulled over and you get out of you car, you are trying to hide something.. open container, drugs, weapons, dead body...or whatever. Sit your ass in the car and take your lumps.
Any officer who would've felt seriously threatened by that man's actions during the incident needs to grow a pair or find a new job. Its your responsibility as an officer to be calm, objective and respectful dealing with the worst of the worst every single day. This officer was certainly not calm from the start. Your statement reminds me of watching Wildest Police Videos when a cop hits someone who's fleeing and then gets on the radio and goes, "HE JUST RAMMED ME!!!" hahahaha

Should he have been prepared for a threatening action? YES, absolutely, he should've had the Taser drawn and ready to go. In the meantime he should've been treating the suspect with courtesy and respect. He did neither.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #50
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I agree with most of you here.

I do not agree with Kaneman at all.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote