Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #41
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Fuck, when Fords Explorers were flipping upside down because of bad tires they ignored the problem hoping it would just go away.
was it the tires, the underinflation, or the dipshits thinking their SUV = sportscar and could turn like one that was the issue there?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #42
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
was it the tires, the underinflation, or the dipshits thinking their SUV = sportscar and could turn like one that was the issue there?
It was written off as inflation issues and people driving a truck like it was a 2-seater, but they obviously saw the need to do SOMETHING about it. When I bought my Dakota, the American companies were running scared over tire failures. There was a warning taped to the dash of my new truck, saying that it was very important to maintain tire pressures. It wasn't necessary with me, because I'm anal about tire pressure.

Even so, all 4 of my tires split at the sidewalls in under 35K Kms. When I went to the dealer about it they said that it wasn't their problem, and that I should go talk to Goodyear. If I'd bought my tires from Goodyear, rather than the dealer, that might have been a reasonable response. At my next service after that they asked if I wanted to get new tires (which obviously I already had). That service advisor likely went home with bleeding ears that night.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #43
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Yeah, Ford blamed Firestone, Firestone blamed the Explorer. I had an explorer with Firestone tires and it was fine. I blamed the idiot drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #44
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Yeah, I must have missed that memo, when they bought my '01 Tacoma from me, at 1.5 times retail because of potential frame rust issues.

The thing wasn't even under warranty, and I had bought it used.

Evil Jap Bastards, and their sneaky tricks!

Paying for my rental car while I shopped for a new truck was the final straw.

How dare they make GM look so bad.

JC

I assure you that they didn't buy your truck back because of surface rust: rather frame cracking and trying to shut you up. Could you imagine if you went to court and the governemt found out then forced them to replace frames on thousands of trucks?

The same is happening with the Tundra trucks.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #45
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
This Toyota bashing is funny. Proof that uneducated people will stand behind shitty products as proof by the success of Walmart. Toyota has been the leading manufacturer in reliability for over 20 years. At least Toyota did something immediately and had a recall. Fuck, when Fords Explorers were flipping upside down because of bad tires they ignored the problem hoping it would just go away.

Actually the uneducated is you. You do not know Toyota, only what they want you to hear. You need to work for an OEM to see what really goes on.

FWIW, the government forced Toyota to recall the accelerator pedal, not Toyota. And as stated, this went on for many many years without accepting blame.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 02-02-2010 at 03:31 PM..
Old 02-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #46
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
It was written off as inflation issues and people driving a truck like it was a 2-seater, but they obviously saw the need to do SOMETHING about it. When I bought my Dakota, the American companies were running scared over tire failures. There was a warning taped to the dash of my new truck, saying that it was very important to maintain tire pressures. It wasn't necessary with me, because I'm anal about tire pressure.

Even so, all 4 of my tires split at the sidewalls in under 35K Kms. When I went to the dealer about it they said that it wasn't their problem, and that I should go talk to Goodyear. If I'd bought my tires from Goodyear, rather than the dealer, that might have been a reasonable response. At my next service after that they asked if I wanted to get new tires (which obviously I already had). That service advisor likely went home with bleeding ears that night.
The OEM doesn't warranty tires.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 02-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #47
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Yeah, Ford blamed Firestone, Firestone blamed the Explorer. I had an explorer with Firestone tires and it was fine. I blamed the idiot drivers.
I had 2 explorers, both of which came with Firestones and I drove them until they were almost bald and then replaced then (with Goodyear tires becuse I prefer the ride on their RT/S tires) and never had a single problem.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #48
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Actually the uneducated is you. You do not know Toyota, only what you see.

FWIW, the government forced Toyota to recall the accelerator pedal, not Toyota.
Who cares if they were forced into a recall. I know what I read in consumer reports and any other car magazine. I'm not bashing American cars here, but facts are facts and Toyota has been the most reliable auto manufacturer for YEARS. The uneducated is you to make a claim like that about me. You don't know me so shut your fucking mouth and crawl back under your rock.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #49
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Who cares if they were forced into a recall. I know what I read in consumer reports and any other car magazine. I'm not bashing American cars here, but facts are facts and Toyota has been the most reliable auto manufacturer for YEARS. The uneducated is you to make a claim like that about me. You don't know me so shut your fucking mouth and crawl back under your rock.
Consumer Reports is one of the most biased mags around. Heavily paid by certain companies. lol

Most reliable as in problems per 100 vehicles? Check engine light off? What is the measure? If Toyota hushs shit up, their reliablity goes up.

Buick has had a higher reliablity record then Toyota for a long time now. Doesn't mean Buick is any more reliable then Toyota other than the problems may not have been reported because the people who drive them are old as shit.

I've owned many many GM vehicles and only 1 time in 1994 did one leave me stranded. That is reliabliity.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 02-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #50
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
....The uneducated is you to make a claim like that about me. You don't know me so shut your fucking mouth and crawl back under your rock.
It's not about you...it's about people like you who believe main stream perception.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM