Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #41
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
How do you know what he's done or anyone else for that matter? Just because you choose to throw your money away pretending to be Rossi doesn't mean that your opinion is the only one that counts! Let's see all of your championships and MotoGp trophies before you start mouthing off that we don't deserve an opinion and you do. Maybe you aught to get Nicky's balls out of your mouth long enough to take a real look at his career. Every championship Hayden has ever "won" has been behind someone truly great having a terrible season. Do you honestly believe that your boy is a better rider than Rossi? Or Mat Mlladin? Come on! Both times he had unarguably the most dominant bikes and it still required 4-6 dnfs by Rossi/Mlladin for him to win a championship.
So the almighty Rossi or Mladin are the only racers that matter??? Really? Come the fuck on now. You did know there was a 18 bike grid you know. Just because Rossi had problems on the M1, means Hayden could go out on an empty track and race himself? How about Capirrossi, Melandri, Roberts, Edwards, a rising Stoner? No? That doesnt matter? Hmmmm.....

And where the fuck are you guys getting on about this "oh, he ran 3-5 all season long.... he slipped into a championship" bullcrap??? Lets see here... 2 wins, 4 seconds, 5 thirds. Thats 11 out of 17 podiums???? Maybe one more if pedro-fag wouldnt have taken him out. And I do believe the point system is intact so that the most consistant rider wins the championship. If you want Vale to win by default by winning the most races and DNF'ing the rest, you guys can go suck F1 and FIA's c**k. Maybe then they will come fuck up one more points system.

Has Hayden blown big the past 2.5 years, YES. Does he deserve a replica, NO!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 07-08-2009 at 12:48 PM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #42
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
So because Nicky is fan friendly he deserves a replica edition? I don't give a shit what he does off the track. On the track he isn't that good compared to the rest of the field. When he start performing as well as Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Stoner, Rossi, or even Divizioso, then I'll buy the idea of a replica. It is Duc's chance to cash in on his fame though.
Congrats. You've just figured it out. It doesn't matter how good any one guy is or is not. Ducati, at the end of the day, needs to sell motorcycles to stay in business. Just as all motorcycle companies need to do and all businesses need to do. They've got a popular racer on their team and have an opportunity to make some cash using his likeness. Business 101. Doesn't matter if he 'deserves' a replica or not.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #43
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

so when does the starbucks edition come out?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer42 View Post
Let's not get carried away. Im no Nicky fanboy. I would defend someone like Vermulen in the same manner. He has a WSBK championship and kicked ass over there. Yet hasn't done jack in GP. It doesn't mean he is washed up or talentless or anything. And I also said never said none of you could have an opinion. Only that I did not agree with it. And won't. There is another thread similar to this is regards to Stoner on another forum. People complaining about his lack of interest in fans and dead pan personality. Here is what a WMRC and OMRRA multi time #1 plate holder had to say about it.....

As someone who races I just have a different perspective. You guys can love him or hate him. I don't give a shit. But to show a total lack of respect for a guy and justifying your opinion based on statistics is still missing the point. And I will give another comparison. If any of you follow motocross/supercross Chad Reed is a good example. His Supercross championships came with RC and/or Bubba misssing. So people dog him. I don't like him AT ALL. But he deserves those titles IMO because he was the best of who was out there. And while maybe those guys aren't in the same league as Bubba or RC they are still stupid fucken fast and Chad had to beat them.
And it was prob said by a guy who has never raced a lap in his life. That shit irritates me (as a racer) is all.

Dude this post is full of, "I'm a racer or he's a racer so he should know" bullshit. You think that because someone spends a couple hundred a weekend club racing that his "perspective" on MotoGp or racing in general is more valid than someone who hasn't. Well, I did some club racing back in the day, NOW is my opinion valid? Hayden and his fans have a bucket load of excuses to explain why he can't win. I love it because I predicted this in an old thread. They are already breaking out the "Ducati developed that bike for Stoner" excuse. I wonder about that, since Casey wasn't their "A" rider when he won his championship... BTW everyone is judged statistically, you're not a great pick up artist if you only fuck one hot chick.

Btw I agree that Chad deserved the championships he got but it's the shit that he talks in between the races that makes me dislike him. He won't just acknowledge that Stewart is better than he is. I believe that James is racing a couple outdoors this season, I can't wait to watch him completely smoke Chad Reed.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
So the almighty Rossi or Mladin are the only racers that matter??? Really? Come the fuck on now. You did know there was a 18 bike grid you know. Just because Rossi had problems on the M1, means Hayden could go out on an empty track and race himself? How about Capirrossi, Melandri, Roberts, Edwards, a rising Stoner? No? That doesnt matter? Hmmmm.....

And where the fuck are you guys getting on about this "oh, he ran 3-5 all season long.... he slipped into a championship" bullcrap??? Lets see here... 2 wins, 4 seconds, 5 thirds. Thats 11 out of 17 podiums???? Maybe one more if pedro-fag wouldnt have taken him out. And I do believe the point system is intact so that the most consistant rider wins the championship. If you want Vale to win by default by winning the most races and DNF'ing the rest, you guys can go suck F1 and FIA's c**k. Maybe then they will come fuck up one more points system.

Has Hayden blown big the past 2.5 years, YES. Does he deserve a replica, NO!
Ah what do you know? You don't even own a bike.... Hahahaha! That's my point, EVERYONE watching has a right to an opinion. This guy started this with his, "I race so I should know" attitude. If you televise yourself fucking your woman, even if I was a virgin, I'm allowed to have an opinion on your performance. Besides winning the most races wouldn't be my idea of winning the championship by default...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #46
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Congrats. You've just figured it out. It doesn't matter how good any one guy is or is not. Ducati, at the end of the day, needs to sell motorcycles to stay in business. Just as all motorcycle companies need to do and all businesses need to do. They've got a popular racer on their team and have an opportunity to make some cash using his likeness. Business 101. Doesn't matter if he 'deserves' a replica or not.
You have to do whatever you can to stay in the game with the current economy. Having a Hayden edition Duc might sway a few riders. Honestly I'd rather see a Bayliss edition 848 though. He's not American, but he is just as popular if not more than Nicky. Maybe just a standard Marlboro/Alice replica, not rider specific.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #47
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Stoner has the personality of a gnome and that's probably why Ducati figure nobody would want to buy a Stoner replica paint job.
Pretty much. Being "deserving" has very little to do with it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #48
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
You have to do whatever you can to stay in the game with the current economy. Having a Hayden edition Duc might sway a few riders. Honestly I'd rather see a Bayliss edition 848 though. He's not American, but he is just as popular if not more than Nicky. Maybe just a standard Marlboro/Alice replica, not rider specific.
I'm with you on that.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #49
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
bayliss 848 makes less sense than the 1198 they gave us
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #50
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Perhaps the folks down under will have a Stoner edition 848 while the USA gets the Nicky version. I'm sure Ducati marketing felt good about this project, it's their money so No one is being forced to buy one.....
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote