Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #41
Sanchez
Too sweet to be sour

Moto: 2006 Buell Ulysses, 2006 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
And yes, I also dislike how the photogs get tons of shots of you in the morning when you're still trying to get back up to your old pace...
Not to mention the track was wet in the morning. Saturday was my first time back at Jennings since I broke my collar bone there in April, and it was my first time riding a wet track as well. My best lap the first session was a 1:58.

I understand why the track photographer operates that way because trying to make money any other way is an exercise in frustration. In order to sell shots, you have to sort them out and have them ready to burn by the time the riders get off the track. Still, it irritates me that he only got one freaking shot of me with my knee down after the sun came up. I need more photographer friends.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #42
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMford View Post
You're welcome. And I can agree with the camera equipment but don't forget to add all the editing software.

I am going to try making it to a JGP track day in January. But I am probably going to find some sticky takeoffs and borrow some tire warmers for the track day.
Winter Trackdays rock! When else can you have a snowball fight in the morning and drag knee a few hours later!

There's nothing like seeing the mist rising off the ponds in the infield while listening to race engine's warming up!

Hey Dim, if you need 'em I have a set of Tire Warmers you can barrow! They're standard single temp chickenhawks.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #43
Sanchez
Too sweet to be sour

Riding in the cold is OK. It's camping in the cold that I hate! It got down to 28 degrees at Little Talladega in February this year. We kept tripping the breaker on the generator with our heaters, and no one wanted to go outside and reset it.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #44
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
Riding in the cold is OK. It's camping in the cold that I hate! It got down to 28 degrees at Little Talladega in February this year. We kept tripping the breaker on the generator with our heaters, and no one wanted to go outside and reset it.
Yeah, I like to do it up right! I have a little pop-up camper that I set-up, it's got a nice heater, a/c, the whole 9 yards.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #45
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Hmmm, I am interested in doing a January Track day, if anything, juct to check out the cooler temps...maybe I'll see you there, keep me posted if you hear of anything going on that might be fun!! But not camping. Screw that. Hotel, nice shower, space heater under tent. I am cold blooded and dont need any more ice in my veins!

Sanchez, I'm working on it!! We did get some video of you!! Passing in 11 going into 12 & 13...Hopefully when we meet again I can help with the pictures issue!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #46
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Look'n good Rae!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #47
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Will do!

Old 10-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #48
Sanchez
Too sweet to be sour

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Hotel, nice shower, space heater under tent. I am cold blooded and dont need any more ice in my veins!
Well, I wouldn't describe the Scottish Inn as "nice," haha! The one and only time I stayed there, I found a huge roach waiting in the bathroom to greet me. I hear they remodeled it, though, so maybe it's better now. Or maybe the roaches are just happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
We did get some video of you!! Passing in 11 going into 12 & 13...Hopefully when we meet again I can help with the pictures issue!
Ooooh!! Video! Post it up!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #49
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't describe the Scottish Inn as "nice," haha! The one and only time I stayed there, I found a huge roach waiting in the bathroom to greet me. I hear they remodeled it, though, so maybe it's better now. Or maybe the roaches are just happier.

Ooooh!! Video! Post it up!

We stay over in lake park i think, where they have all the hotels together...Days Inn offers Jennings discount!

And I will, I dont have the camera, they are going to be editing it, there is ALOT of footage of the weekend!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #50
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Not to mention the track was wet in the morning. Saturday was my first time back at Jennings since I broke my collar bone there in April, and it was my first time riding a wet track as well. My best lap the first session was a 1:58.

I understand why the track photographer operates that way because trying to make money any other way is an exercise in frustration. In order to sell shots, you have to sort them out and have them ready to burn by the time the riders get off the track. Still, it irritates me that he only got one freaking shot of me with my knee down after the sun came up. I need more photographer friends.
I know they need a balance of time taking the pictures and then presenting them... however I would personally be more prone to give them money if they would just SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT all day...

If I KNEW they were out there every session in various turns taking tons of pictures of me, I would buy their CD of photos from the whole day, even sight unseen.

I would rather that than have them only out there in the morning, and then in the afternoon have me perusing a bunch of pictures of me trying to get back into my rhythm and picking the one that's the least shitty.

You also don't want to say opinionated things like this, telling them how to run their business, because very often a certain photographer has a monopoly on a given track/trackday and if you step on their toes you might find yourself getting less lens time
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote