Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #41
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Diesel farm truck.
Tons of torque so they won't kill it all the time, and virtually indestructable if/when they run into stuff.
That's fine if you've got miles and miles of flat boring farmland with no trees or elevation. But you can't turn around and fart where I am without hitting a tree or falling down a hill (think princess bride "as.....you....wiiiiiiiish")

And I'm talking about girls. Not the tomboy peppermint patty/lucy types that might actually TRY driving a farm truck....I'm talking prissy, hair flipping "eww was that a clump of DIRT? OMG I'm not stepping into that FIELD to get in that TRUCK"

At least that's what I have anyway So a classic beetle would be still masculine enough for me to be seen in, yet still have the "cute" factor going for it to get the girls interested enough in learning a straight drive.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #42
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
So a classic beetle would be still masculine enough for me to be seen in, yet still have the "cute" factor going for it to get the girls interested enough in learning a straight drive.
There's a nice camo baja that looks to be pretty tricked-out for sale in Johnson City! I'm not sure what the price is but, it looks good!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #43
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
That's fine if you've got miles and miles of flat boring farmland with no trees or elevation. But you can't turn around and fart where I am without hitting a tree or falling down a hill (think princess bride "as.....you....wiiiiiiiish")

And I'm talking about girls. Not the tomboy peppermint patty/lucy types that might actually TRY driving a farm truck....I'm talking prissy, hair flipping "eww was that a clump of DIRT? OMG I'm not stepping into that FIELD to get in that TRUCK"

At least that's what I have anyway So a classic beetle would be still masculine enough for me to be seen in, yet still have the "cute" factor going for it to get the girls interested enough in learning a straight drive.
Now I know you need to send them down here to me. We can take care of that prissy issue.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #44
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Now I know you need to send them down here to me. We can take care of that prissy issue.
It all seriousness Moira, I DO want to get the kids on the track to learn how to really DRIVE. The school here (VIR) requires them to be 16 before July to even sign up [the boy turns 16 July 8] and even then it's only basics in a crown vic.

Have you got any ideas? If I flew down with the boy and my oldest girl down....could you hook them up?

I'd hate for the boy to have a properly tuned, suspended GTI and NOT have the skills to really enjoy it. And taking him down PUBLIC roads teaching him makes me uncomfortable (I'm fine taking wild chances on my own..but something about having precious cargo with me makes me hesitant)
Old 11-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #45
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
It all seriousness Moira, I DO want to get the kids on the track to learn how to really DRIVE. The school here (VIR) requires them to be 16 before July to even sign up [the boy turns 16 July 8] and even then it's only basics in a crown vic.

Have you got any ideas? If I flew down with the boy and my oldest girl down....could you hook them up?

I'd hate for the boy to have a properly tuned, suspended GTI and NOT have the skills to really enjoy it. And taking him down PUBLIC roads teaching him makes me uncomfortable (I'm fine taking wild chances on my own..but something about having precious cargo with me makes me hesitant)
Bondurant in Phoenix or Spring Mountain in Vegas. Had a couple parent/kid pairs in my class at Bondurant. It's not cheap, but they will learn how to handle a car.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #46
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I found it easier learn ro drive stick in a lite weight vehicle. My samurai only weighs 2k lbs. Doesnt take much throttle to get her going since the power to weight ratio is good.

Had a job as a kid hanging gutters and tye guy drove a dodge diese. Took me awhile to get tye hang of the difference between gas and disiel engines. Of course now I can drive stick on what ever but for a beginner Id stick with something small and gas or smal 4 banger desiel like a 80's toyota pickup or a vw rabbit.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #47
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I found small pickups to be the easiest...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #48
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:

Troy, for you. Yes. Seriously, lets talk. I'll send you my info. Anytime other than height of summer is good here. Summer melts too much rubber.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote