Helmet, moto jacket, gloves 8 11.76%
Helmet & anything NOT shorts and flip flops 0 0%
Tater's ex. wife keeping her socks on 7 10.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #51
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I ride with helmet, gloves, armoured jacket(s), and boots. I wear jeans and take the chance. I'm fine with that. I also make sure the jeans I wear are thick jeans, not those thin ones like most women's jeans seemed to be made lately. I know it doesn't offer much protection, but it still something between my skin and the pavement, regardless how long it may or may not last.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #52
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
ALRIGHT! I feel an argument brewing....... There has been a great deal of discussion on the subject of whether perception=reality but I can't agree that the "definition" of something can be changed just to accommodate the whim of an individual. It's similar in scope to how people will justify driving after "only" having a "few" drinks. There is a recorded limit to how much you are legally allowed to imbibe and still operate a vehicle that doesn't change with anyone's opinion of what's safe or okay.

BTW I agree that it was a reasonable question until the OP came back and stated that she doesn't care what we actually wear but only in what we consider to be "full gear". As I've and a few others have said,I don't think that anyone will argue what "full gear" is by definition but there will be a vast difference in what each individual actually WEARS when they ride. In a perfect world,with ideal conditions and if I only rode my bike on the track or canyon carving,I would also ALWAYS wear full gear when I rode. Unfortunately,this is not the case and I ride my bike to the store,the mall,to work,to friends,to games,the club,doing "parade laps" around town,when it's 90+ deg with 90% humidity,etc and I won't always be able or willing to wear a full leather suit w/a back protector,boots,full gauntlet gloves,full face helmet,etc. Like I also stated before this subject has been beat to death on this forum and every other motorcycle forum since the invention of motorcycle forums. There is only one correct answer to what is full gear and many answers for what we actually wear.
ahh Tigger... I was just gonna say pretty much the same thing...

Full Gear is just that... FULL GEAR head to toe... HOWEVER... if I'm runn'n a short distance I'll throw on Jeans and maybe tennis shoes... I have squided and worn shorts... and fuck that... not again.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #53
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread - they announced they crashed but were relatively ok - and for that I'm grateful. But it was stated that he had rash despite being "in full gear". I truly don't care what other people wear when they ride - I'm not here to judge. I was more curious what other people consider to be full gear. plain curiosity. No judging.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #54
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post

Full Gear is just that... FULL GEAR head to toe... HOWEVER... if I'm runn'n a short distance I'll throw on Jeans and maybe tennis shoes... I have squided and worn shorts... and fuck that... not again.
Good choice loopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #55
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread - they announced they crashed but were relatively ok - and for that I'm grateful. But it was stated that he had rash despite being "in full gear". I truly don't care what other people wear when they ride - I'm not here to judge. I was more curious what other people consider to be full gear. plain curiosity. No judging.
I think we're talk'n about "verbage" here... the question, I think should have been, how much gear is enough for you...

I'm not sure how FULL GEAR can mean anything other than just that... completely geared up...

some people choose to just wear Helmet, Jacket, and gloves for their gear and some Jeans and boots or shoes... my self included sometimes... and that may be enough for them to feel safe enough to ride... but it's still not full gear by definition.

I was wearing A* Cargo's when I went down , some knee armor, and A* SMX4's... had I been wear'n jeans and tennis shoes I'd have a broken leg/ankle... and some nice rash...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #56
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post

I wore shorts one time. Right before I sold the Zuk last year. I had just cleaned it and needed to take it for a shake down ride. Grabbed the helmet and gloves.

It was the WORST feeling ever! I dont know how people can ride with shorts.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #57
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackPOT View Post
Full gear to me means a motorcycle riding suit (1 or 2 piece), moto boots like Sidi/Alpinestar/etc. not steel toe work boots, moto gloves, and a full face helmet.

Anything less is not "full".

yep

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #58
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Dress for the fall, not the ride!

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #59
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Oakleys, Reef Sandals with the bottle opener on the bottom in case i need to get my drink on, and a jock strap. Gotta protect my junk. I might get to use it for its intended purpose one day.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #60
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I wore shorts one time. Right before I sold the Zuk last year. I had just cleaned it and needed to take it for a shake down ride. Grabbed the helmet and gloves.

It was the WORST feeling ever! I dont know how people can ride with shorts.
I agree...The heat from the Engine made my Fucking Shins Feel like there were getting Ripped off at the Skin