Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #51
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
but the rules like wearing a helmet are the same as a hand rail and a do not enter sign on a cliff edge... there's no doubt what that choice is a bad one. no positive comes from it... even if your not killed your severely injured. and ask anyone who's gone down with out a helmet... I'm sure all of them... the ones that lived... will say they're gonna wear a helmet next time... that's if they fair well enough to have the choice.

the reason for laws like these is this mistake is so FINAL. it's one thing to make a bad decision about lunch and pay for it by shitting your pants in a meeting. it's another to give in to peer pressure and not wear a helmet, get in an accident at the very best have a nasty scar and maybe a concussion... at worst... death.

because with out rules you can not have a society... we wouldn't have 99% of what we have today. no roads, no cities, we'd basically be cavemen...

now that is bs
The correlation between helmet laws and a sign indicating a cliff is a ridiculously far stretch. The difference clearly is one requires an action the other provides an option.

Your second point readily identifies what I see as the root problem... If you are weak minded enough to give in to peer pressure that could result in your death, maybe death isn't the worst thing in the world.

Where there's money, there's progress... Anarchy does not negate the ability for either or both to exist.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #52
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The correlation between helmet laws and a sign indicating a cliff is a ridiculously far stretch. The difference clearly is one requires an action the other provides an option.

Your second point readily identifies what I see as the root problem... If you are weak minded enough to give in to peer pressure that could result in your death, maybe death isn't the worst thing in the world.

Where there's money, there's progress... Anarchy does not negate the ability for either or both to exist.
the correlation was in the fact that they're such drastic results for a simple choice. but yeah a bit of a stretch

true... I have little tolerance for peer pressure... but I'd be a liar if I said I've never given in to it... I'd guess even you've succumb to it at least once in your life... even if it was to kill the local hooker...

but ok... so even with out peer pressure... you can make a bad decision like not wearing a helmet with out anyone saying anything... yet the results are so final...

no one argues the fact that wearing a helmet will improve the chances of you surviving a accident 10x+ and since the choice is so black and white... why not remove that?

I mean if your dead set on not wearing a helmet... you can do so... illegally or on your private land. just be ready to pay the consequences... hopefully it's only monetary.

as far as Anarchy... it doesn't directly prohibit progress... but there would be no money in an society of anarchy... you'd need rules and structure to have money... or it's just pretty paper.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #53
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
the correlation was in the fact that they're such drastic results for a simple choice. but yeah a bit of a stretch

true... I have little tolerance for peer pressure... but I'd be a liar if I said I've never given in to it... I'd guess even you've succumb to it at least once in your life... even if it was to kill the local hooker...

but ok... so even with out peer pressure... you can make a bad decision like not wearing a helmet with out anyone saying anything... yet the results are so final...

no one argues the fact that wearing a helmet will improve the chances of you surviving a accident 10x+ and since the choice is so black and white... why not remove that?

I mean if your dead set on not wearing a helmet... you can do so... illegally or on your private land. just be ready to pay the consequences... hopefully it's only monetary.

as far as Anarchy... it doesn't directly prohibit progress... but there would be no money in an society of anarchy... you'd need rules and structure to have money... or it's just pretty paper.
Who run Bartertown?
Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #54
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Who run Bartertown?
ahh yes... I got caught up on the term "money" you'd still need rules to create a town... even villages have rules in place... so at what point does it stop?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #55
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
ahh yes... I got caught up on the term "money" you'd still need rules to create a town... even villages have rules in place... so at what point does it stop?
I just wanted to quote from Beyond the Thunderdome actually.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #56
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

fair enough
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #57
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
A cheap helmet company. Something like $100 helmets or less.
cheap or not he should have that fucker bronzed

dayyyyyyyyyum

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #58
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

If he had loud pipes he would have never had the accident. If he was wearing a t-shit with skull and cross bones he would have cleared the road ahead of him as everyone hid in fear at his massive awesomenessisosity.
If he had a full beard ape hangers and tassles he would have stopped time as the sheer coolness of it all vagina-flopped the space time continuum.
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #59
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

A helmet has saved my life 3 times the past 2 years.
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #60
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Agreed. An individuals personal responsibility to keep themself safe is NOT the duty of the government. I am against helmet laws... I am against seatbelt laws... I am against laws banning trans fats. People should take care of themselves... their failure to do so is NOT an excuse to give the government more power.
I agree with not with trans fats.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote