Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 02-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #51
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Okay let me clarify for myself...correct me if Im wrong.

We are looking to reserve the place from Thursday, 5/7-Sunday, 5/10?

There are 4 rooms total? Which means we'll all be up close and personal?

And its $80 per person for the whole stay?

And do we have our choice of roomies?

No offense to the new people, but I prefer to room with the assholes I already know and adore, and who I can deal with first thing in the morning!
I'm so gonna wake you up with cold water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I'm only a morning person when I am doing something I want to do. I am not a morning person for work.

I originally had you/tigger/ebbs if I get a 4 bed room in my list that's if your guy doesn't come, never thought about that. I don't know if ebbs planned to stay elsewhere though so that list isn't complete. This is going to be a lot to work out who is staying where. I don't really care as long as I got a bed. We need to probably start deciding that so there is no fighting and those that need to bring tents/sleeping bags/air mattresses will know in advance.
If I go... i'm staying with you guys... if we run a bed short I can sleep on the floor... I'm cool with that.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #52
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFJM2 View Post
I'll be arriving mid-day on the 8th and leaving on the 11th, but I'm considering renting the furnished mobile home at $85/night. I'd have spent that much on a room at the Holiday Inn.
Woot! It will be nice to meet your bike! And you too!

Do you want me to put you down as a consideration for the lodge if we have available beds and just let you know when I get a final count? Or is staying in one of the mobile home more of a definite for you?

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #53
MFFJM2
Hayabusa Fanatic

Moto: 2004 Limited Edition 'Busa

Thanks, I think. If I can't get the furnished mobile home, I'll get a hotel room nearby, like maybe the Holiday Inn.
MFFJM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #54
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFJM2 View Post
Thanks, I think. If I can't get the furnished mobile home, I'll get a hotel room nearby, like maybe the Holiday Inn.
I've been drooling over your bike. Too bad I'm too short to ride a 'busa without doing some serious lowering. Wait...it may be a good thing I can't.

Gotcha. You're put down to attend. May I suggest calling TWO & reserving the MH. Once we get more definites, you might be able to get a discount being with a group. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #55
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I've been drooling over your bike. Too bad I'm too short to ride a 'busa without doing some serious lowering. Wait...it may be a good thing I can't.

Gotcha. You're put down to attend. May I suggest calling TWO & reserving the MH. Once we get more definites, you might be able to get a discount being with a group. It wouldn't hurt to ask.
Not true!! Enough confidence and you can ride anything girl!! *within reason*
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #56
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Oh, she could ride it. She just can't stop without falling over unless she has a milk crate waiting there

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #57
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Oh, she could ride it. She just can't stop without falling over unless she has a milk crate waiting there
No shit. It's not like riding the KX125 at stock height (36") It was light enough I could roll it to a tree stump, drag a milk crate over to it...something! And although it took a wee bit of cordination to get off the bike without it crashing down on top of me. I could do that too. It was kickstarting it that gave me so much hell.

Quote:
I'd have to do some serious lowering to it. I'm not too fond of lowering my bikes. I refuse to use a handicap because I'm short.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #58
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
No shit. It's not like riding the KX125 at stock height (36") It was light enough I could roll it to a tree stump, drag a milk crate over to it...something! And although it took a wee bit of cordination to get off the bike without it crashing down on top of me. I could do that too. It was kickstarting it that gave me so much hell.

I'd have to do some serious lowering to it. I'm not too fond of lowering my bikes. I refuse to use a handicap because I'm short.
As long as your knees dont buckle under the weight, you're golden! Promise.

I have ridden a Busa, that thing as a bitch at a standstill, but moving was like riding on air! Most comfy sport bike Ive ridden so far. Id not want one for "fun" trips like to the dragon as its just too damn big for me to comfortably throw around but for a commuter or tourer, HELL YEAH! Altho people did tease me about it, something like looking like a lil bird perched on the seat...

Im with ya on the lowering thing, no way in hell!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #59
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
As long as your knees dont buckle under the weight, you're golden! Promise.

I have ridden a Busa, that thing as a bitch at a standstill, but moving was like riding on air! Most comfy sport bike Ive ridden so far. Id not want one for "fun" trips like to the dragon as its just too damn big for me to comfortably throw around but for a commuter or tourer, HELL YEAH! Altho people did tease me about it, something like looking like a lil bird perched on the seat...

Im with ya on the lowering thing, no way in hell!
You're about my height and did well on it? What's your inseam? Now you do have me wondering if I can actually handle one!

Bird perched on a seat? That's better than being called a midget. I get laughed at when I stop because alot of times I only put my left foot down, which makes the bike appear to be sitting on the kickstand. There there's the backing up issue. I can only do it by pushing it from the side. That always gets a laugh too. I don't care. Like I told my old riding friend, "At least I ride, Beyotch!"

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #60
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
You're about my height and did well on it? What's your inseam? Now you do have me wondering if I can actually handle one!

Bird perched on a seat? That's better than being called a midget. I get laughed at when I stop because alot of times I only put my left foot down, which makes the bike appear to be sitting on the kickstand. There there's the backing up issue. I can only do it by pushing it from the side. That always gets a laugh too. I don't care. Like I told my old riding friend, "At least I ride, Beyotch!"

I do have a considerable inseam for my height, im freakishly unproportioned. I think Im a 31 inch inseam, but i typically go with 32 for comfort. I get called midget too, have you talked to Ebbs yet?

On the busa I could comfortably get one foot down firmly, as it sat lower than my bike (perhaps the weight?) but the wider seat made it difficult to get both down. However on my GSXR i can almost completely flat foot without heels and on my old RR i could tippy toe both feet in heels.

As far as moving bikes, the heavier bikes, like the busa I was more comfortable sitting on the seat and tippy toeing backwards, whereas on my GSXR i can stand beside it. I dont have much upper body strength but I have enough in my lower body and legs to be more comfortable using my legs to hold and catch while sitting the bike.

I gotta mention tho, if the busa fell on me, Id have been screwed. No way in hell Id ever have been able to get her up, and my theory is if I cant get the bitch back up by myself, I dont need to be riding it!