Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #51
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It did strike me as very odd that she was even up there. Can't imagine many canadians that far right for them to identify her. She is out there even by US standards.

Its kind of a no win. If they refused to have her, they look horrible. But then something like this happens, and they look even worse.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #52
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Also, is Canada now so pussified as to get offended when someone says "terrorist are only Muslim"? Can you give me one example of a non-Muslim terrorist? There is truth in that statement because it STATISTICALLY is true, even though it isn't PC.
FLQ
(canadian terrorists)
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #53
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Ya, us war loving Canadians have a horrible track record of harming public speakers we dont agree with...

She may have been boo'd off stage, it may have been a loud protest, but I guarantee no harm would have come to her.

The sad thing is, the cancellation plays right into her grubby hands. More fuel for her fire.

I dont agree with what she has to say, but i'd fight to the death for her right to say it.

Off topic, what is it Trip? Do you believe in freedom of speech or not? If so, shouldn't you allow us to commence any and all religious debates, as we see fit, in the war room?

Your comments in here tell me you firmly believe in free speech, but the rules for this booard directly contradict that.

So, is there freedom of speech here, or freedom of speech, as long as its not against your beliefs??
Ezrah Levant is as much of a whack-job as is Coulter, so what do you expect?

As to playing into her hands, it has now been confirmed that it was the organizers who pulled the plug. While I think it's a tinfoil hat issue, there are a few people positing that it was done for the publicity it was sure to garner.

Quote:
Fair enough. Im glad you saw it as an honest question, and not an attack on the way you run this board.

Other than that, I agree, this was a stupid mess that makes Canadians look bad, and gives idiots like Coulter more ammo for her future attacks.

Frankly, I cant stand the bitch, that doesnt mean she didnt deserve to be able to give her opinion, like she was there to do.

BUT... And there is a big but. She is using hate speech everywhere she opens her mouth. Her comments about muslims go far beyond what is reasonable. She has advocated the destruction of everyone who isnt a catholic on multiple occasions. Here at least, that is hate speech. So is signalling out one race that shouldnt be allowed to fly.

Coulter is no more than a racist and a bigot. I dont think anyone can argue with that. Inviting her to speak in a country like Canada, with such a different culture than your own (yes, we are very different in the way we think about the world), was a bad idea to begin with. We dont really walk the extreme right or extreme left wing lines you guys do. Even our conservative party is just as liberal as your democratic party. It would be hard to find a lot of people to agree with her, especially on a Canadian University Campus.
Actually I'll argue that point. I don't think that she's a racist or a bigot. I think that she's an attention whore opportunist who is PROFITING from the stupidity of racists, bigots, and general knuckle-draggers.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 03-25-2010 at 01:14 PM..
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #54
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
FLQ
(canadian terrorists)
They were French. They don't count.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #55
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Ezrah Levant is as much of a whack-job as is Coulter, so what do you expect?

As to playing into her hands, it has now been confirmed that it was the organizers who pulled the plug. While I think it's a tinfoil hat issue, there are a few people positing that it was done for the publicity it was sure to garner.

Actually I'll argue that point. I don't think that she's a racist or a bigot. I think that she's an attention whore opportunist who is PROFITING from the stupidity of racists, bigots, and general knuckle-draggers.
Oh, I know she's an attention whore. But at the same time, she is also a racist and a bigot. She's profiting from the stupidity of her own kind.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #56
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Many hate speech and related laws are dumb, for example the laws in Germany, Poland and France that make it illegal to question the validity of the Holocaust.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #57
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Many hate speech and related laws are dumb, for example the laws in Germany, Poland and France that make it illegal to question the validity of the Holocaust.
The holocaust may not have happened.

Ha ha, TWFix is banned from France.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #58
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
How can you question the validity of facts? Are you saying the holocaust didnt happen? Doing so would be supporting the most evil regime of the last hundred years.

Are you saying the holocaust didnt happen? That jews werent killed en masse? The laws are there so people cant forget, or deny, the evil that happened during WW2. There is no questioning the validity, it happened, and we know it happened.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #59
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
How can you question the validity of facts? Are you saying the holocaust didnt happen? Doing so would be supporting the most evil regime of the last hundred years.

Are you saying the holocaust didnt happen? That jews werent killed en masse? The laws are there so people cant forget, or deny, the evil that happened during WW2. There is no questioning the validity, it happened, and we know it happened.
I'm not questioning the Holocaust, I'm questioning the need for laws against questioning the Holocaust.

Who is being harmed if Joe Blow stands up and claims the Holocaust never happened, or only killed 1 million Jews instead of 5 million?

If those countries are confident in their understanding of past events, why do they need to ban discussion of them? Sounds like a self-esteem issue to me.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #60
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

Those laws prevent people from forgetting or denying the holocaust the same way anti-drug laws prevent people from using drugs (hint: neither work particularly well).
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote