Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #641
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Ordered me there one of thems futuristic space type AR lowers. Yippers.

http://www.riflegear.com/showproduct..._campaign=feed
Richt a review of that bad boy will you? I have built dedicated 22s on the Plumcrazy units and have a buddy running a 223 on a Plumcrazy. I don't know the NF product at all
Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #642
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

$600 AR15 and it's not a sport model.

http://lanbosarmory.com/gunstore/ind...roducts_id=490
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #643
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Ok so I asked abut the PS90 earlier and recently took the leap excuse my limited photography skills

and one with an AR Carbine just for scale.

I know kind of Star Gate SG1 but 50 round in this light of a package is a lot of fun!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #644
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Ok so I asked abut the PS90 earlier and recently took the leap excuse my limited photography skills

and one with an AR Carbine just for scale.

I know kind of Star Gate SG1 but 50 round in this light of a package is a lot of fun!
Not to mention the shorter length - pretty cool. May I ask what those run?
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #645
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Not to mention the shorter length - pretty cool. May I ask what those run?
they are running just around 1600 retail (good searching will find them for less) and FN has a deal where through some dealers if you are Active Law enforcement (I am not) you can grab them for 899. A couple things to to be aware of , ammo is pricey and accessories limited. That said this thing is a hoot!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #646
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I wonder why no one other than FN makes the 5.7 round? You gonna hand load?
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #647
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Fooking awesome. you will like it.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #648
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I wonder why no one other than FN makes the 5.7 round? You gonna hand load?
I suspect at some point I am going to have to.
On another note I only had 50 round of ammo (more is in bound) and I lit up the back yard .
Old 05-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #649
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post

Dude... if it's good enough to take on the Goa'uld, it's good enough for me.
I have to admit, I've been a little curious about how those 5.7's shoot and I've seen lots of spent rounds at the range, but I've never been fortunate enough to be there when someone has one.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #650
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

The Army has ordered that soldiers may use only government-issued magazines with their M4 carbines, a move that effectively bans one of the most dependable and widely used commercial-made magazines on today’s battlefield.

The past decade of war has spawned a wave of innovation in the commercial soldier weapons and equipment market. As a result, trigger-pullers in the Army, Marines and various service special operations communities now go to war armed with commercially designed kit that’s been tested under the most extreme combat conditions.

Near the top of such advancements is the PMAG polymer M4 magazine, introduced by Magpul Industries Corp. in 2007. Its rugged design has made it as one of the top performers in the small-arms accessory arena, according to combat veterans who credit the PMAG with drastically improving the reliability of the M4.

Despite the success of the PMAG, Army officials from the TACOM Life Cycle Management Command issued a “safety of use message” in April that placed it, and all other polymer magazines, on an unauthorized list.

The message did not single out PMAGs, but instead authorizes only the use of Army-issued aluminum magazines. The message offers little explanation for the new policy except to state that “Units are only authorized to use the Army-authorized magazines listed in the technical manuals.” Nor does it say what Army units should now do with the millions of dollars’ worth of PMAGs they’ve purchased over the years.

Magpul officials have been reluctant to comment on the issue. Robert Vidrine, vice president of marketing and sales, said the company found out about TACOM’s message only after it was released to the field.

The decision has left combat troops puzzled, since the PMAG has an Army-approved national stock number, which allows units to order them through the Army supply system.

“This just follows a long line of the Army, and military in general, not listening to the troops about equipment and weaponry,” said one Army infantryman serving in Southwest Afghanistan, who asked not to be identified.

“The PMAG is a great product … lightweight and durable. I have seen numerous special ops teams from all services pass through here, and they all use PMAGs. Also, a large amount of Marine infantry here use PMAGS, including their Force Recon elements.”

TACOM officials said the message was issued because of “numerous reports that Army units are using unauthorized magazines,” TACOM spokesman Eric Emerton said in a written response to questions from Military.com. Emerton added that only “authorized NSNs have ever been included in the technical manuals. Just because an item has an NSN, does not mean the Army is an authorized user.”

This seems to be a complete policy reversal, since PMAGs are standard issue with the Army’s 75th Ranger Regiment and they have been routinely issued to infantry units before war-zone deployments.

Soldiers from B Troop, 3rd Squadron, 61st Cavalry Regiment, had been issued PMAGs before deploying to Afghanistan in 2009. On Oct. 3 of that year, they fought off a bold enemy attack on Combat Outpost Keating that lasted for more than six hours and left eight Americans dead. Some soldiers fired up to 40 PMAGs from their M4s without a single stoppage.

Militay.com asked TACOM officials if the Army had discovered any problems with PMAGs that would warrant the ban on their use. TACOM officials would not answer the question and instead passed it off to Program Executive Office Soldier on Thursday evening before the four-day Memorial Day weekend.

TACOM’s message authorizes soldiers to use the Army’s improved magazine, which PEO Soldier developed after the M4 finished last against three other carbines in a 2007 reliability test. The “dust test” revealed that 27 percent of the M4’s stoppages were magazine related.

The improved magazine uses a redesigned “follower,” the part that sits on the magazine’s internal spring and feeds the rounds into the M4’s upper receiver. The new tan-colored follower features an extended rear leg and modified bullet protrusion for improved round stacking and orientation. The self-leveling/anti-tilt follower reduces the risk of magazine-related stoppages by more than 50 percent compared to the older magazine variants, PEO Soldier officials maintain. Soldiers are also authorized to use Army magazines with the older, green follower until they are all replaced, the message states.

Military.com asked the Army if the improved magazine can outperform the PMAG, but a response wasn’t received by press time.

The same infantryman serving in Southwest Afghanistan had this to say about the new and improved magazine:

“Like any magazine, they work great when they are brand new and haven’t been drug through the dirt and mud. I haven’t noticed much of a difference between these tan followers and the older green ones. After some time training up for the 'Stan, the same issues started to occur: double feeds, rounds not feeding correctly so on and so on. While it seems to occur about half as often, it’s still not a great solution.

“The magazines still get bent at the opening and are still prone to getting crushed in the middle. I haven’t seen any issues like this with the PMAG due to the polymer casing. I have seen an empty PMAG get run over by a MaxPro [vehicle] and operated flawlessly later that week when we tested it at the range. Last time I saw this happen to a standard issue magazine, it was scrap metal after that.”

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...2887570&rank=1
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote