Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #61
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Give me a break man. The guy fought in three wars and won the goddamn Medal of Honor. He's got more courage in one 90 year old shriveled testicle than 98% of the population. When someone goes to that length to fight for America you let him have a flagpole to display the American flag the right way.

Sure, we get it, the HOA is in the legal right. But they fail at basic decency and common sense.
So you'd be ok if he wanted to put a flag pole in YOUR yard? That's mighty nice of you.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #62
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Give me a break man. The guy fought in three wars and won the goddamn Medal of Honor. He's got more courage in one 90 year old shriveled testicle than 98% of the population. When someone goes to that length to fight for America you let him have a flagpole to display the American flag the right way.

Sure, we get it, the HOA is in the legal right. But they fail at basic decency and common sense.
There are several "right ways" to display a flag. They offered one of them, that is used on consular buildings among other things, that didn't require him breaching his contract with the HOA.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #63
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
So you'd be ok if he wanted to put a flag pole in YOUR yard? That's mighty nice of you.

Someone wants to put a flagpole in my yard to hang a Canadian flag from? I'll dig the hole and cement it in place. Especially for a 90 year old war vet.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #64
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Someone wants to put a flagpole in my yard to hang a Canadian flag from? I'll dig the hole and cement it in place. Especially for a 90 year old war vet.
Sure you would, because if you really wanted a Canadian flag in your yard you'd already have it there and you wouldn't need a 90 yo war vet to ask you to do it.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #65
Apoc

Quote:
Sure you would, because if you really wanted a Canadian flag in your yard you'd already have it there and you wouldn't need a 90 yo war vet to ask you to do it.
Theres one there already

And it wont be taken down for anyone, not while I still breathe.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #66
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Theres one there already

And it wont be taken down for anyone, not while I still breathe.
Fantastic, good for you , but you are missing the point. You can't expect for people to let this guy put a flag pole anywhere he wants. I display the US flag and am proud of it . The point is, I can't expect my neighbors to allow me to hoist a flagpole anywhere in the neighborhood I want on land that does not belong to me. Now I may not have a medal of honor but I have fought in a war but does that give me a right to put a flagpole anywhere I please?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #67
Apoc

Quote:
Fantastic, good for you , but you are missing the point. You can't expect for people to let this guy put a flag pole anywhere he wants. I display the US flag and am proud of it . The point is, I can't expect my neighbors to allow me to hoist a flagpole anywhere in the neighborhood I want on land that does not belong to me. Now I may not have a medal of honor but I have fought in a war but does that give me a right to put a flagpole anywhere I please?
I understand that, and I agree with you.

but you know what? The guy is over 90, he probably REALLY does not understand that. Leave him alone. Request that that the flagpole be taken down after his passing, and leave it at that. Im sure his family would be fine with that.

Its a flagpole, its not unsightly.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #68
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I understand that, and I agree with you.

but you know what? The guy is over 90, he probably REALLY does not understand that. Leave him alone. Request that that the flagpole be taken down after his passing, and leave it at that. Im sure his family would be fine with that.

Its a flagpole, its not unsightly.
True but not everyone is as understanding as you and I on that subject.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #69
Apoc

Quote:
True but not everyone is as understanding as you and I on that subject.

Your right.

But maybe those people against it should sit down and realize that, if not for brave men like him, they might have flagpoles with German flags in their yard, and no say about anything, whatsoever, because if they tried to say something, they'd be shot.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #70
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
If I lived in a condo and a 90 year old veteran of three wars who earned the Medal of Honor wanted to put a flagpole up in the yard in front of the condos then I would help him dig the hole.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote