Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #61
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
mag - i played a few matches, and didnt really have the will to try and get to level 10...

but the PS3 only has a 1 year warranty, where are you getting two year ?
Yea, I think that you are right there... Microsoft HAD to increase the warranty on the 360 to appease the customers.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #62
AquaPython
put it THIS way

yes it worked for everything save being able to play SOME BD's. but fuck that , i bought it for the purpose of being my BD player, and it failed it's purpose.
thats like saying i bought this kick ass new truck, well it doesn't move, but you can still roll the windows down and listen the awesome radio!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #63
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
mag - i played a few matches, and didnt really have the will to try and get to level 10...

but the PS3 only has a 1 year warranty, where are you getting two year ?
I thought it was 2 year, i could be wrong.

And I was lvl 21 when the beta ended last night, and its a much, much different game than it was at the start. Faster, harder, more to kill.

Thing is, its not just run and gun, you need to move as a squad to attack/defend. Snipers need to cover you, and the rapid assault guys should be leap frogging with cover fire, leading the way in. So if your team fails at getting to objectives and working together, it wont be much fun.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying the game is perfect, it has issues (one button to throw grenades while having a gun in your hand would be awesome!), but its much better than MW2, aside from the graphics.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #64
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I thought it was 2 year, i could be wrong.

And I was lvl 21 when the beta ended last night, and its a much, much different game than it was at the start. Faster, harder, more to kill.

Thing is, its not just run and gun, you need to move as a squad to attack/defend. Snipers need to cover you, and the rapid assault guys should be leap frogging with cover fire, leading the way in. So if your team fails at getting to objectives and working together, it wont be much fun.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying the game is perfect, it has issues (one button to throw grenades while having a gun in your hand would be awesome!), but its much better than MW2, aside from the graphics.
didnt you say you didnt have mw2? i spent most of saturday night with killzone 2's campaign mode. handles a little clumsy but the story and delivery are great. feels just like the original and the addition of the cover system makes things challenging
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #65
AquaPython
put it THIS way

the beta is over? if it blows up, maybe i will try it again on gamefly when it is out. but i was not impressed with the first 30 minutes or so.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #66
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
didnt you say you didnt have mw2?
I had a pc copy that may have been found online...

And dont get me wrong, I love MW2, but its hacked all to shit (probably moreso on PC), and its exactly what every other fps is. MAG is different, and it does it well. It has its flaws, but for a first attempt at 256 player maps, its very, very good.

And, noone is hosting the games, sony is using dedicated servers. And with 200+ people on screen with weapons, vehicles, etc etc, i've seen no lag at all.

What I cant understand however, is why they arent designing console shooters with mouse and keyboard in mind. Its just not right to have consoles that can use them, but shooters that dont!

Last edited by Apoc; 01-11-2010 at 01:24 PM..
Old 01-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #67
Apoc

Quote:
the beta is over? if it blows up, maybe i will try it again on gamefly when it is out. but i was not impressed with the first 30 minutes or so.
Ya, its over. It was just server testing. Full game will be out the 26th.

Ya, it takes more than 30 minutes. And hey, maybe you wont like it at all. But once I got to lvl 7 or 8, I liked it a lot. Once I was lvl15 and could lead squads, I loved it.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #68
AquaPython
put it THIS way

you need a mic to do any leading? or is it all via controller?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #69
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea well, he didn't fucking listen... He needed to return it WITHOUT the receipt as a gift and they may have exchanged it. They have a 90 day return policy, the longest in the industry, why should they go beyond that mark? Amateurs!
Yeah XMas is the best time to return anything. There are little questions asked... just say it was a gift.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #70
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Yeah XMas is the best time to return anything. There are little questions asked... just say it was a gift.
Well, he didn't have the box or anything...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote