Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #71
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Right on, I get that people are idiots. Remember, Jon and Kate was a popular show.

But what I hate someone trying to make me feel like an idiot while I'm trying to learn something new. Fucking elitists.
they're not trying to find something out... they're just trying to shoot the shit.

come over and say "what's up... " and ask... but don't lead in with a question about how fast it goes...

to use your example about the chick with big tits... it'd be like going up to her to introduce yourself and just saying straight out the gate... do you like it when guys pull your hair while they fuck you from behind?

great... that might get someone to give you the info... but don't expect that it's not gonna annoy most you ask.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #72
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

The sole purpose of a sportbike is to go fast. That's what they're designed for. Every iota of engineering that is put into it is designed to make it faster. Every ounce of weight reduction, every Nm of torque....that's what they do. Go as fast as possible for as little money as possible. Do you absolutely have to go fast on a sportbike just because you own one, no of course not.

However, it still seems like a very fair question to me. If I drove an indy car or Ferrari around I'd expect the same question..."How fast have you been on it"

There's nothing wrong with someone trying to shoot the shit. Asking "what's up" is a generic question that is a complete waste of my time. If they ask me, "How fast ya been"..well at least that's a specific question and it means we'll be talking about motorcycles.

People are curious about things they haven't experienced. The vast majority of people have never been over 100mph on a motorcycle. Now, that's not to say there's something wrong with you giving a smartass answer like Zoomie's...but you don't have to be a total dick about it. You know?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #73
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
The sole purpose of a sportbike is to go fast. That's what they're designed for. Every iota of engineering that is put into it is designed to make it faster. Every ounce of weight reduction, every Nm of torque....that's what they do. Go as fast as possible for as little money as possible. Do you absolutely have to go fast on a sportbike just because you own one, no of course not.

However, it still seems like a very fair question to me. If I drove an indy car or Ferrari around I'd expect the same question..."How fast have you been on it"

There's nothing wrong with someone trying to shoot the shit. Asking "what's up" is a generic question that is a complete waste of my time. If they ask me, "How fast ya been"..well at least that's a specific question and it means we'll be talking about motorcycles.

People are curious about things they haven't experienced. The vast majority of people have never been over 100mph on a motorcycle. Now, that's not to say there's something wrong with you giving a smartass answer like Zoomie's...but you don't have to be a total dick about it. You know?

I know what ya mean... I'm not a dick about it... not even the questions about riding it... but they do get annoying... and if your trying to start a conversation... stupid... may not seem like it from their stand point... but it makes my "squid wanabe" radar go off... ya know?

to be honest that's was one of the things I HATED about riding a sport bike... everyone asked me how fast or if I'd wheelie for them... just attracted a lot of idiots... (apparent by how many idiots own them)

The DRZ I get asked if it's road legal... (dumb question again.. considering I have blinkers mirrors and above all a license plate!) how far I can ride on a tank (good question) and others like where I've been...

I think for most people it's not being asked a question... it's just being asked probably the most squidly question available... cept for maybe will you wheelie?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #74
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I have no problem talking about what I've done and how far I can ride on my bike...Its that question that just irrks me...I dunno why.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #75
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Well I got a new one today at a red light. "Hey Baby, nice bike you got there! What is it?" GSXr750 "sweet how much does it weight?" um about 400wet "No Baby I said, How much do you weigh???" Um 120ish. "Damn Baby thats nice!"

WTF????? I was waiting for him to ask bra size next.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #76
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

any time I've asked a woman how much she weighs that wasn't required by my job I've got cussed out.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #77
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
Well I got a new one today at a red light. "Hey Baby, nice bike you got there! What is it?" GSXr750 "sweet how much does it weight?" um about 400wet "No Baby I said, How much do you weigh???" Um 120ish. "Damn Baby thats nice!"

that guys probably jerking it to your memory right now lol
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #78
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:

that's a brave man

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #79
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:

Ok so having read this, I find myself thinking, what is wrong with this? Why didnt it work? It sounds like a good pick up line to me. Why didnt it work? Women like this kind of shit. What is wrong with you anyway?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #80
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Glad someone said it!

Man, there are some uptight people on this board. Time to give the panties a twist in a new direction.

I hope nobody in this thread drives a truck and has to deal with all those pesky kids asking them to honk their horn. Oh, the humanity!!
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote