Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #71
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Or maybe, just maybe, we should get back to a situation in which we actually have professional servers, who earn that "gratuity"?

Main Entry: gra·tu·ity
Pronunciation: \grə-ˈtü-ə-tē, -ˈtyü-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural gra·tu·ities
Date: 1540

: something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service; especially : tip
So what would a professional server do better than the college students who are working their way through college and eatin ramen at home?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #72
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

A lot of very good points being brought up on both sides of this argument. I do tip and tip fairly well imho BUT it is earned...not just deserved for slapping down my plate of food and walking off and forgetting about me.

I absolutely don't agree with NOT tipping unless the service is terrible.

Below average service warrants a below average tip and above average service deserves an above average tip...pretty easy I think.

I also DON'T send food back ever...too many horror stories on that one.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #73
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Ya, you guys seem to be missing the point Tmall is getting at, ill put it in simpler terms for a simpler audience. And thats pretty much, that if your dumb enough to work for less than minimum wage, fuck ya....

That shit isnt even legal here. Minimum wage is like 7.50 up here or something. You cannot pay anyone less than that. Its the MINIMUM FUCKING WAGE.

And im a great tipper, probably tip far more than 15-20%, I dont actually do the math. But I sure as fuck expect good service if your gonna get that tip.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #74
t-homo
WSB Champion

And a lot of those horror stories at leave have a little truth behind them.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #75
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post

I tip a lot (25-40%) or average (15%) or not at all, as service received demands:

Yes, there are shitty servers out there; lazy, sloppy, assholes who think you OWE them.

But ,for the most part, folks who stick in the HOSPITALITY business know what the word means and will try to move Heaven and Earth to get your needs met, without you EVER knowing what they had to go through to take care of your little "special requests".

So, don't stiff 'em......
My remarks were addressed to those that feel they don't want to tip for any reason, that are opposed to tipping on "principle".

If the shoe fits.......
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #76
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Ya, you guys seem to be missing the point Tmall is getting at, ill put it in simpler terms for a simpler audience. And thats pretty much, that if your dumb enough to work for less than minimum wage, fuck ya....

That shit isnt even legal here. Minimum wage is like 7.50 up here or something. You cannot pay anyone less than that. Its the MINIMUM FUCKING WAGE.

And im a great tipper, probably tip far more than 15-20%, I dont actually do the math. But I sure as fuck expect good service if your gonna get that tip.
So it is dumb to work a job where you could potentially earn quite a bit more if you do well at it, than to work a job where you are set at 7.50 an hour. Makes sense. To the simpler mind, of course.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #77
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Oh, heres one that will fire you all up!

I tip hot chicks more than regular chicks, regular chicks better than ugly chicks, and ugly chicks better than men. Yes, thats right folks. My dick has a say in how big your tip is.

I dont tip anyone 'badly' though. Ill always leave at least 5$ on a meal, even if it was a 12$ lunch.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #78
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
And a lot of those horror stories at leave have a little truth behind them.
I don't know if you're referencing my post but a lot of those horror stories have alot of truth behind them.

Both of my sisters used to be waitresses and I've dated many waitresses plus my father ran hotels/motels/ and restaurants his whole life so I know for a fact that a lot of the stories ARE true.

I'm not sure what "at leave" means from your post.

*edit* Well I now realize you posted "have a little truth" behind them so I guess we're agreeing ?

Last edited by z06boy; 02-25-2010 at 10:43 AM..
Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #79
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post

That's the point that the Tmall crowd misses. Servers are not working for less than minimum wage, they're working for tips. When people are too cheap to tip despite getting good service you're fucking up the system and messing it up for everyone else.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #80
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
That's the point that the Tmall crowd misses. Servers are not working for less than minimum wage, they're working for tips. When people are too cheap to tip despite getting good service you're fucking up the system and messing it up for everyone else.
Yep...that's why people from Canada and the US don't see eye to eye I guess.

Minimum wage doesn't exactly mean the same thing to both. In the US minimum wage is different for the service industry...at least food servers anyways.