Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 03-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #71
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Looks like it was a success actually, it got YOU going.
How? I just dismissed him as a moron.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #72
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Of course not...he and the prez are tight.
Not since the steering went out in his GM vehicle.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #73
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Once again I repeat my earlier post...What do you buy? Who do you trust?? Is any OEM recall proof? Is it now a question of how they perform their recalls and stand behind their product?

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #74
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
How? I just dismissed him as a moron.
Hey he's smarter than I am! I was in that exact situation, I gave my opinion, got called an a-hole for it and instead of just laughing it off like Dave did, I retaliated and was moderated. Heck, I'm taking lessons from him from now on. If I had played it his way, Tracy would be in moderation and I would be the one laughing...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #75
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Not since the steering went out in his GM vehicle.
Doh !! Good one !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #76
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon D View Post
Hey he's smarter than I am! I was in that exact situation, I gave my opinion, got called an a-hole for it and instead of just laughing it off like Dave did, I retaliated and was moderated. Heck, I'm taking lessons from him from now on. If I had played it his way, Tracy would be in moderation and I would be the one laughing...
hey, he calls me stupid and then fails to get a joke everyone else got. ill let you guys do the math
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #77
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Once again I repeat my earlier post...What do you buy? Who do you trust?? Is any OEM recall proof? Is it now a question of how they perform their recalls and stand behind their product?
Yeah no kidding. I just buy what I want and trust for my $$. He11 I just bought a brand new vehicle two weeks ago and if I went just by ratings I would have never bought it...it's one of the worst evidently.

I bought a 2010 Jeep Liberty 4x4. My 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 that I traded in had 152k miles and I loved the thing but I would have never bought it if I just went by a few published ratings.

I didn't care for the 03'-07' Liberty's that replaced teh old Cherokee Classic...too much like a chic vehicle imho but I like the redesigned Liberty.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #78
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yeah no kidding. I just buy what I want and trust for my $$. He11 I just bought a brand new vehicle two weeks ago and if I went just by ratings I would have never bought it...it's one of the worst evidently.

I bought a 2010 Jeep Liberty 4x4. My 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 that I traded in had 152k miles and I loved the thing but I would have never bought it if I just went by a few published ratings.

I didn't care for the 03'-07' Liberty's that replaced teh old Cherokee Classic...too much like a chic vehicle imho but I like the redesigned Liberty.
The Liberty is actually a solid off roader. Compared to the GC. Considering the state of the Wrangler nowadays the Liberty seems like a more attractive option if you need off road capabilty in you daily driver.
I hated the Liberty when it first came out. I much prefered the Cherokee classic especially in 2dr \I6\5spd form and the Liberty just seemed like a bloated attempt to attract certain demographics to the brand. However, I'm a little behind the times. I still call them trucks and threw a hissy back in the 90's when marketing teams started pushing SUV label on the market.

Now that a few years have past, I actually like the old liberty vs the new one.
Sightlines seem better. However that could just be me as a "I don't own one but I see em on the road" type.

I wouldn't buy one though. You'd have to be a moron to buy one of those hunks a shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #79
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
The Liberty is actually a solid off roader. Compared to the GC. Considering the state of the Wrangler nowadays the Liberty seems like a more attractive option if you need off road capabilty in you daily driver.
I hated the Liberty when it first came out. I much prefered the Cherokee classic especially in 2dr \I6\5spd form and the Liberty just seemed like a bloated attempt to attract certain demographics to the brand. However, I'm a little behind the times. I still call them trucks and threw a hissy back in the 90's when marketing teams started pushing SUV label on the market.

Sightlines seem better. However that could just be me as a "I don't own one but I see em on the road" type.

I wouldn't buy one though. You'd have to be a moron to buy one of those hunks a shit..
I agree with "most" of what you say here. I do like the new Liberty better though.

Oh and as far as your last sentence ...Avatard.

*Disclaimer* If that was directed at the 03' - 07' Liberty then please disregard but if directed at me...here's another...
Old 03-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #80
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post

when you say gc you mean the new ones right? My old zj is a pretty decent offroader, not as good as my ramcharger was but hell, what is?

Last edited by Dave; 03-03-2010 at 10:43 AM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote