Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #71
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Sounds like hes going to be fine (in the long run).

Hopefully the recovery process goes smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #72
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Damn, I hate to hear stories like this. My ex was in a car wreck a couple days ago and was T-boned on my daughter's side of the car. The guy who hit her (that she turned in front of) was traveling about 50 or 60. Seatbelts and side air curtains did their job. I'm so thankful that my daughter was alright, as it could have been much, much worse.

The kid was delivering pizzas and this was his first accident. He called my ex that night and told her he changed lanes from behind some cars (so this may not be entirely her fault). He said it was his first accident and he didn't know what to do. She told him that when the insurance company calls him, to tell them exactly what he'd told her.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #73
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Damn bro... hope things take a final turn for the better soon!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #74
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Thanks Bro.

Tonight I found out that he quite literally broke his neck. C3-C6 to be exact. He also has ten compressed vertebrae to go with it. Lil Bro is actually making better than expected progress as his brain swelling continues to go down.
good news on the little guy.

I hope bigger little-guy heals up fast too man.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #75
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Kane... haven't heard much about this lately...

How's it going? How's the boy?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #76
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Jayden is doing great! He was discharged from the hospital on Friday, just shy of being in for a solid month. He just spent the night last night and we had an excellent time. He'll be in the body brace for another couple of months while his neck and back bones heal, but he's handling it like a man.

His brother isn't doing quite as well and was moved from rehab back to ICU 2 days ago as pressures in his head increased. Cat scan results that came out today were positive though, but its going to be sometime yet before any definitive answers come back.

His mother, my ex, is being screwed by her employer (the same ones that fired me for uncovering a massive internal fraud). They are no longer paying her and have washed their hands of the situation. She's been employed there 10 years, and always done her job...and the one time in her life that she really needs them to be there for her they just simply bailed. Its disgusting what they're putting her through right now.

What I've learned from this experience is that paying out your nose for health insurance is a complete waste of money. You'd be much better served by stashing that money away to help if something like this ever does happen. Despite having "good" health insurance and insurance provided by their auto insurance they are in financial disaray...and its only been a month.

But alas, it could've still been worse. Here's a video of us having some fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QVyc_kXeEg
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #77
shmike
Follower

Glad to hear that Jayden is doing so well!

I'll keep his brother in my thoughts.

FMLA should cover your ex for a situation like this. Maybe she needs to talk to an attorney.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #78
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Glad to hear that Jayden is doing so well!

I'll keep his brother in my thoughts.

FMLA should cover your ex for a situation like this. Maybe she needs to talk to an attorney.

FMLA covers unpaid leave with benefits, which is what she's getting apparently. Though her benefits are supposed to cover mental distress leave, which a psychiatrist has now signed off on. Its an insurance issue and they're just straight giving her the run around. Every call she makes she has to explain the situation, what the injuries are, and then they say they'll call her back...over and over and over and over and over again. Every fucking day. Its really sickening.

This company that she works for are always talking about taking care of their employees and being like a family and this and that....then when something comes up they're nowhere to be found. I shouldn't be surprised, this is the same populace that put the NAZI party into power after all.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #79
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
FMLA covers unpaid leave with benefits, which is what she's getting apparently. Though her benefits are supposed to cover mental distress leave, which a psychiatrist has now signed off on. Its an insurance issue and they're just straight giving her the run around. Every call she makes she has to explain the situation, what the injuries are, and then they say they'll call her back...over and over and over and over and over again. Every fucking day. Its really sickening.

This company that she works for are always talking about taking care of their employees and being like a family and this and that....then when something comes up they're nowhere to be found. I shouldn't be surprised, this is the same populace that put the NAZI party into power after all.
That sucks that she is getting the run-around.

When you said they had washed their hands, I thought you meant she had been fired.

Hopefully she can get the benefits issue resolved. Corporate bureaucracy and insurance companies are not fun to deal with, especially at a time like this.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #80
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Have her get a lawyer...I am prepping for the same thing right now. I'm happy for you that Jayden seems to be doing well and have the little guy in our prayers.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote