Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #71
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Ah I see about the changing of the guard...still the "old" company was to be praised and the "new" company is the norm, unfortunate but not necessarily to be hated imho.

I made that comment because it seemed that you were "covering" for the driver a little when he was at fault for the accident. I drive a lot for my job and it never ceases to amaze me the reckless way people will drive with children in the vehicle. looking at the picture tells me that he must have been going pretty fast... I'd love to read the entire article if you have it.
No, they don't, fuck 'em. No the people that ran the company and were forced out by Chrysler certainly deserve a lot of praise for all the stuff they did for employees back in the day.

Yea, I probably was covering a little for him, in the sense that I feel bad for him. We all make mistakes while driving, but few of us ever have to pay so severe a penalty.

I'm not privy to the exact details of the crash, and I've never really quizzed him on what happened. I don't have the whole article. It says he drifted to the shoulder and then over-corrected and spun off the road, I believe there was gravel on the shoulder that made the situation worse. I had heard that he was saying something to one of the boys in the back seat when it happened.

I believe it was just an "honest" mistake, in the sense that he was not intoxicated, he was not speeding or driving recklessly. I think the speed limit on all the roads back there is 50mph...so yea, that's pretty fast to hit a telephone pole.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #72
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Which thread is this referring to?

It's impossible for a company to care about anything.......It's a paper entity, not a person.

There may be a few people within the company who have the type of personality where they genuinely care about the life & times of their customers.......But most don't. Why should they? The #1 reason they are there is to earn a paycheck. Just like you.

If earning a paycheck requires them to be nice to their customers in order to earn a fat commission or get a good performance appraisal, they will do so.......... but beyond that, they don't actually give a shit. And that's the way it should be.
So the company that sold her insurance is not providing the coverage they said they would in a contract, and you agree with that?

What if you bought a bike cash, and the dealer decided not to let you have the bike?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #73
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
While I am sympathetic to this situation, a company's job is to protect the company... make money.
You forgot "to fulfill contracts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
HR's function is no different. They are there to bring in people who will make and/or save the company, fire people who don't, and protect the company from employee related lawsuits. That's it.
Really? That's it?

Quote:
Key functions
Human Resources may set strategies and develop policies, standards, systems, and processes that implement these strategies in a whole range of areas. The following are typical of a wide range of organizations:

Recruitment, selection, and onboarding (resourcing)
Organizational design and development
Business transformation and change management
Performance, conduct and behavior management
Industrial and employee relations
Human resources (workforce) analysis and workforce personnel data management
Compensation, rewards, and benefits management
Training and development (learning management)
Implementation of such policies, processes or standards may be directly managed by the HR function itself, or the function may indirectly supervise the implementation of such activities by managers, other business functions or via third-party external partner organizations.
HR does alot more than just hire and fire.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #74
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
You forgot "to fulfill contracts"
Really? That's it?
HR does alot more than just hire and fire.
Insurance companies are also in the business of not being defrauded, just because she says that they owe her money doesn't mean that they do. The insurance has adjusters in place to investigate the situation and make sure that there was coverage in place and that there is a payment due. I still don't think that the company's insurance is the primary. Their auto policy should be.

Ah but "Benefits Management" does not mean hold your hand and make insurance claims for you. They make adjustments to your policy for you, take the money out of your check and pay your premiums, etc. Let there be no mistake, they work for the company and it's interests, not for you.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #75
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
No, they don't, fuck 'em. No the people that ran the company and were forced out by Chrysler certainly deserve a lot of praise for all the stuff they did for employees back in the day.

Yea, I probably was covering a little for him, in the sense that I feel bad for him. We all make mistakes while driving, but few of us ever have to pay so severe a penalty.

I'm not privy to the exact details of the crash, and I've never really quizzed him on what happened. I don't have the whole article. It says he drifted to the shoulder and then over-corrected and spun off the road, I believe there was gravel on the shoulder that made the situation worse. I had heard that he was saying something to one of the boys in the back seat when it happened.

I believe it was just an "honest" mistake, in the sense that he was not intoxicated, he was not speeding or driving recklessly. I think the speed limit on all the roads back there is 50mph...so yea, that's pretty fast to hit a telephone pole.
Fair enough... Well, I hope that it all gets worked out Josh, I still think that she should check with her auto policy and perhaps have someone else talk to her company insurance adjuster on her behalf.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #76
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
So the company that sold her insurance is not providing the coverage they said they would in a contract, and you agree with that?

What if you bought a bike cash, and the dealer decided not to let you have the bike?
As I mentioned, I didn't (and still don't) know what thead or incident this topic is about.

But as to your question, yes I would expect any company to fulfill its business obligations.....But that's a totally different thing than "caring" about their customers, which is what I thought this topic was about. You guys are confusing me.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #77
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
As I mentioned, I didn't (and still don't) know what thead or incident this topic is about.

But as to your question, yes I would expect any company to fulfill its business obligations.....But that's a totally different thing than "caring" about their customers, which is what I thought this topic was about. You guys are confusing me.
No you are actually correct... Some of these guys think that major corporations should "care" about the employees and their families...
Old 07-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #78
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
No you are actually correct... Some of these guys think that major corporations should "care" about the employees and their families...
It's like saying you "care" about the chick in a bar you want to take home, when all you care about is sticking it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #79
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Fair enough... Well, I hope that it all gets worked out Josh, I still think that she should check with her auto policy and perhaps have someone else talk to her company insurance adjuster on her behalf.
I'm sure she will or has dude, like I said, I'm not privy to all the details as this has been going on for a month now. Remember, her husband's company (A large chocolate maker) took care of everything right away, just like it should be. They have retained a lawyer now.

Quote:
Yes, empathy for your fellow man is so overrated.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #80
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:
Companies should not care. All I stated was that the insurance should fulfill its end of the contract(payout benefits). If they find out later they were defrauded, then take the client to court. Do not treat every incident as fraud.