Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #71
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I am not opposed to standing up and saying ENOUGH. I'm not even opposed to protesting. But, to come up with such ridiculous "demands" makes it more of a joke [with a bad punch line] than a protest.

Those here in Austin don't even know what they are protesting. Talking to a group of them, they are "celebrating" being part of the 99%. Um.....
One of the local radio stations here had a guy out in the park where they are camped out in downtown Atlanta, interviewing several of them. When each one was asked "What are your list of demands?" none of them could list even one.

These people have been camped out in a park for over a week that the people who live across the street from can't even walk their dog in or use after 11PM without risk of receiving a fine from a police officer.

Amurrrica.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #72
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

You know, the more I look at it, the more I just see it as people who are dissatisfied with the condition of the nation blowing off some steam.
It's their time, it's public property, and if it makes them feel like they're doing something worthwhile, then good on them.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #73
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
You know, the more I look at it, the more I just see it as people who are dissatisfied with the condition of the nation blowing off some steam.
It's their time, it's public property, and if it makes them feel like they're doing something worthwhile, then good on them.
I think if a lot of them voice displeasure with the govt and vote then things may start to get better for now it will be the cool thing to do for another week or 2 u ntill it starts getting cold out then they will pack up and go home.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #74
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

I'm not sure what y'all are expecting from a grass-roots movement full of Joe and Jane Q. Public. Most people can't pull their head out of their ass to drive, let alone articulate a vague, growing dissatisfaction with the state of our country. Personally, I think most people have been letting others do the thinking for them for way too long, and it's gonna take a while before they (we?) can wrap their heads around why they're even pissed.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #75
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
These people have been camped out in a park for over a week that the people who live across the street from can't even use the fountain as a urinal.
Fixed. Woodruff Park is the home of hte homeless. All those GSU, Agness Scott, and Emory students camped out there are ruining the public restroom the homeless have come to love.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #76
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Dumbasses are supposed to be doing the same thing, today, on Bay Street in Toronto (our financial district). Our school of business is on the fringes of it. Wonderful.

Personally, I'm more concerned about the news that a dozen zombies fell off a scaffold, on the set of the new Resident Evil movie. More concerned because:

1) I didn't get to snog Mila J.

2) THERE'S ZOMBIES!!

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #77
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I'm not sure what y'all are expecting from a grass-roots movement full of Joe and Jane Q. Public. Most people can't pull their head out of their ass to drive, let alone articulate a vague, growing dissatisfaction with the state of our country. Personally, I think most people have been letting others do the thinking for them for way too long, and it's gonna take a while before they (we?) can wrap their heads around why they're even pissed.
We have a winner.

We've been getting fucked for so long, so hard, from so many different directions, it's hard to know where to even begin.

Yes, the list of demands on page one is moronic. It ain't gonna happen. But, the media has a habit of focusing on the "extreme". They're not looking for people with articulate points, they're looking for whack jobs that make for an interesting story.

I doubt that the "serious" protesters want to completely rid the world of corporations. They have to buy their crap from somebody, right? However, when the Supreme Court decides that corporations are "people", and can basically buy the government they want, while regular schmucks like you and I, effectively have no say in how this country is run, I think they have a legitimate beef.

Sure, fifty percent of them are probably nut bags. Welcome to America.

JC
Old 10-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #78
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I will give you this, I like this much better than the tinfoil hat society grabbing their guns...
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #79
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I will give you this, I like this much better than the tinfoil hat society grabbing their guns...
its still early, I think everyones worried or waiting for one of these to turn violent and see where it goes.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #80
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
What's funny, is that the tin foil people, and the "hippies", are bitching about the exact same things, and they don't know it, or won't admit it.

JC