Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 04-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #71
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Yeah I meant like Dedicated Windbreaker Type Gloves...Like cold riding gear.

http://www.newenough.com/gloves/insu...le_gloves.html

Something like that??
Old 04-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #72
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
I would definitely bring a heavier pair of gloves. Not just gauntlets either- something insulated. Most gauntlets won't do any better at keeping your hands warm than a street short cuff. Early may will probably still be in the 40s at night. A pair of long underwear or overpants is a good idea too.
the gerbings gloves I have are prety warm so I may pack those, plus the textile pants I have are prety good at keeping me warm. For me the big question is which jacket to wear since packing 2 may not be feasible.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:55 PM   #73
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Yeah...Im gonna see how i can manager packing a spare jacket...Lol I dunno how well it will work out.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #74
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
the gerbings gloves I have are prety warm so I may pack those, plus the textile pants I have are prety good at keeping me warm. For me the big question is which jacket to wear since packing 2 may not be feasible.

Tom
Yeah- packing a leather jacket probably won't work. Even if you pull the armor out, they're bulky. For 40*, about any glove with a liner would work. Below that is when it gets difficult to keep your digits warm. Ask me how I know... If you don't have grip heaters of some kind, you might look at "Hot Hands" packs.

Not sure which boots to wear yet. I have Sidi Typhoons that are perfect for the cold or wet. JR GPX that are decent riding boots, but not really good for walking, and Sidi Vertigos on the way. Of course I'll pack tennis shoes. Shopping for a digital camera now.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #75
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I may be out for the ride down. I broke my hand over the weekend and depending on how it heals I may be driving down either with or without the bike. I'll know closer to the day we leave what shape I'm in so dont count me out yet.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:10 AM   #76
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I may be out for the ride down. I broke my hand over the weekend and depending on how it heals I may be driving down either with or without the bike. I'll know closer to the day we leave what shape I'm in so dont count me out yet.
That sucks, which hand and what bone did you break? Some tuff you could ride with but others def not

Tom
Old 04-21-2009, 05:55 AM   #77
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:

Tom
I have a couple extra jackets. I'll bring them so you can trade out if you want. Any other gear you all want me to bring? I have extras if you don't want to pack so much crap for the ride down. For that matter let me know about anything you guys don't want to carry and I'll grab it. I'm in the Suburban so there's plenty of space...

I'm about 6'1 200. If that'll work let me know.

Last edited by Riceaholic; 04-21-2009 at 05:59 AM..
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:16 AM   #78
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceaholic View Post
I have a couple extra jackets. I'll bring them so you can trade out if you want. Any other gear you all want me to bring? I have extras if you don't want to pack so much crap for the ride down. For that matter let me know about anything you guys don't want to carry and I'll grab it. I'm in the Suburban so there's plenty of space...

I'm about 6'1 200. If that'll work let me know.
thanx for the offer but I think our main concern now is for the ride down there we will probably make a game time decision as far as what gear to bring/wear.

Tom
Old 04-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #79
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
That sucks, which hand and what bone did you break? Some tuff you could ride with but others def not

Tom
My right hand, and i have now strength in my ring or pinky, and it hurts to stretch my other 2 fingers, which means i cant grip the throttle ot the front brake. Again, I'm holding my breath, and hopefully will be able to ride down 3 weeks from now.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #80
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
perfect, I guess becasue youre further south. From here it has me taking 78 to 81.

Tom
78 to 81...you'll be cruising right by my house.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote