Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #81
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Companies should not care. All I stated was that the insurance should fulfill its end of the contract(payout benefits). If they find out later they were defrauded, then take the client to court. Do not treat every incident as fraud.
So just pay first and check the facts later? Hmmm, well if you ever get put in charge of an insurance company let me know. I could use some new stuff.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #82
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
So just pay first and check the facts later? Hmmm, well if you ever get put in charge of an insurance company let me know. I could use some new stuff.
Are you serious? Its been over a month since the claims were initially put in. It shouldn't have taken more than a week, and her pay never should've lapsed. But yea, keep sticking up for the insurance companies...they're really hurting and need all the help they can get. Poor insurance companies.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #83
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Are you serious? Its been over a month since the claims were initially put in. It shouldn't have taken more than a week, and her pay never should've lapsed. But yea, keep sticking up for the insurance companies...they're really hurting and need all the help they can get. Poor insurance companies.
No, this thread is not about you Josh... We intentionally moved this argument away from your specific situation out of respect for your family. Afaik we are now discussing general concepts and not specific situations. I once waited over three months for workman's comp... I'm not saying that the insurance companies are perfect but again, because you've brought it back to you, she has only missed two weeks pay...I believe you said that the company actually paid here for two weeks... even short term disability has a minimum limit before they pay. I don't know what coverage she has and I KNOW from experience how frustrating it can be to deal with insurance companies ...again maybe she should have someone less emotionally attached talk to them. Usually, there is information that is not being relayed the could be responsible for the hold up. Idk
Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #84
shmike
Follower

Quote:
No, this thread is not about you Josh... We intentionally moved this argument away from your specific situation out of respect for your family. Afaik we are now discussing general concepts and not specific situations. I once waited over three months for workman's comp... I'm not saying that the insurance companies are perfect but again, because you've brought it back to you, she has only missed two weeks pay...I believe you said that the company actually paid here for two weeks... even short term disability has a minimum limit before they pay. I don't know what coverage she has and I KNOW from experience how frustrating it can be to deal with insurance companies ...again maybe she should have someone less emotionally attached talk to them. Usually, there is information that is not being relayed the could be responsible for the hold up. Idk
Amber Lamps: The voice of reason.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #85
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Amber Lamps: The voice of reason.
Hardly.... I just don't believe that they aren't giving her any reason for not paying her if they owe it to her. Again, I don't think ins cos are perfect but I have a hard time with the "evil little men" trying to screw policy holders out of their deserved claims pov as well. They are telling her something, we just don't know what it is yet. I've had several claims in my life and I've never had an adjuster just tell me no without some reason...
Old 07-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #86
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Yet you keep referring to "her." Which "her" are you referring to in your posts if not my ex?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 07-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #87
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

I have a simple belief that if a company contracts for something, like a group benefits/life policy, then they have some duty to act as an advocate for their employees. It's an implied contract. A company, as an entity, may have no need to possess any sort of compassion, but they do need to abide by such contracts. Washing their hands of the situation shouldn't be an option.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #88
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Forgive my ignorance on this, as I am a bit slow sometimes.

Is it a question of not being paid for STD or LTD?
As I understand it, the actual employee isn't hurt/sick, but is helping care for a sick/hurt child. Doesn't this fall under FMLA, and not disability?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #89
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Its under her medical insurance as a mental distress claim, I think. They had to go see a shrink and be evaluated to determine if this episode had a negative effect on their mental state. Obviously they both "passed" and the results were sent to the ins. company nearly a month ago. His insurance took care of him immediately, her's is playing games.

Remember, I don't know all the specifics and I don't ask her questions about it...she has more important things going on than this stuff right now. As I always said, the specifics are completely irrelevant to me because I think when you put that much time in with a company you deserve to be taken care of in a situation like this. You shouldn't have to lose your house, or have your car repo'd when you're a long term, full time employee with loads of medical insurance. As stated, a few measly years ago, with this company, this would not have been any type of issue as you would've been taken care of AND THEM SOME, immediately. It is a benefit to both the company, their bottom line, and the employees

Otherwise, what's the point? You know?

Last edited by Kaneman; 07-12-2010 at 12:12 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #90
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Yet you keep referring to "her." Which "her" are you referring to in your posts if not my ex?
Yea you're right...when your situation is referenced I go back to it... I'm honestly sorry. I really want to discuss insurance companies in a generally sense but it comes back to your situation. I don't want to get into it because it's a bad situation in general. Btw I hope your friends don't Lowe their houses and car over two weeks of pay...