Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #81
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I never said I would you a nigger tigger.

But, again if you and your neighbour are throwing out the "my nigga" and I throw one out to, is there going to be a problem?

If you come back with, "you can't call me a nigger because a rapper says it" I'm seriously going to question if you're posting from a speak and spell or not..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #82
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Me too! I actually feel sorry for them and their monochrome ethnic backgrounds... Have you ever noticed that when someone asked you what your background is and you tell them. They come back with," I'm mixed too, part English and part Irish." Yo chief there's a difference between nationality, religion and race. Hahahaha!
What is there to feel sorry about? Because Hollywood and the music industry currently think multiracials are hot? Please, they only care about money, and they know multiracial actors/musicians pull in a wider audience. That does not prove multiracials are "better" or more attractive.

By the way, what if someone is half Greek and half English? Maybe that's not technically "mutiracial" but it's definitely "multicultural". Heck, IMO the difference in personality & culture between a Brit and a Greek is a lot greater than the difference between a White American and a Black American.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #83
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
What is there to feel sorry about? Because Hollywood and the music industry currently think multiracials are hot? Please, they only care about money, and they know multiracial actors/musicians pull in a wider audience. That does not prove multiracials are "better" or more attractive.

By the way, what if someone is half Greek and half English? Maybe that's not technically "mutiracial" but it's definitely "multicultural". Heck, IMO the difference in personality & culture between a Brit and a Greek is a lot greater than the difference between a White American and a Black American.
Oh dear god here we go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #84
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Heck, IMO the difference in personality & culture between a Brit and a Greek is a lot greater than the difference between a White American and a Black American.
Try going from the ghetto to the suburbs. It's like comparing the similarities of a car and birdhouse
Old 01-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #85
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Try going from the ghetto to the suburbs. It's like comparing the similarities of a car and birdhouse
But what if you compare WITHIN the ghetto or the suburbs?

An affluent, suburban Black isn't that much different than an affluent, suburban White.

Some of you guys act like Europeans are all the same, have you ever been over there? The difference between cultures is huge.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #86
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

So if I raise a Dalmatian in Scotland, you raise a Dalmatian in England and we breed them, you would consider the puppies "mixed-bred"? Hahahaha!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #87
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
But what if you compare WITHIN the ghetto or the suburbs?

An affluent, suburban Black isn't that much different than an affluent, suburban White.

Some of you guys act like Europeans are all the same, have you ever been over there? The difference between cultures is huge.
Have you? I've spent almost 14 years overseas!!! The cultural differences between people do not make them a different race. When you are talking about a mixed breed, it can only occur between two different races. FTR having one parent be Catholic and one be Baptist also doesn't qualify...

Racial differences are purely physical/genetic and have nothing to do with environment. A white kid raised by an African family will still be a white kid and a black kid raised by a couple in Denmark will still be black.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 01-18-2010 at 04:51 PM..
Old 01-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #88
Homeslice
Elitist

Thank you for confirming what I already said

I said "Maybe that's not technically "mutiracial" but it's definitely "multicultural"

Culture is what's important, not race. Multiracial people don't impress me, multicultural people do.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #89
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
The cultural differences between people do not make them a different race.
But they make for more profound differences in my mind. I don't give a shit what color he is, if a guy walks up toward me in an overly baggy hoody and pants below his butt crack I'm going to guard my wallet. If a guy walks up to me in a polo shirt and khakis I probably won't be so defensive. That I recognize the fact that the former is more likely to be a black guy probably makes me racist in the eyes of many.

Meh.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #90
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I never said I would you a nigger tigger.

But, again if you and your neighbour are throwing out the "my nigga" and I throw one out to, is there going to be a problem?

If you come back with, "you can't call me a nigger because a rapper says it" I'm seriously going to question if you're posting from a speak and spell or not..
If we are buds no...AGAIN it is context that is the reason for anger. If me and the neighbor are "throwing the word nigger around" and you come walking by and say, "Hey, why don't you fucking niggers shut the hell up?!?!" Yes, there will be a problem... Of course the same can be said if you call us any name that WE deem offensive. The listener gets to determine offensiveness not the speaker. If your wife's friend calls her a bitch, she may laugh it off, if you call her a bitch in anger, she may hit you with a frying pan. Same word, different result. I'm sure that you'll try to explain to her that you heard her sister call her a bitch and that makes it okay...

If you are fucking her doggy-style and call her a whore, as in "come get this cock, you whore!" she may enjoy it but if she comes home late and you scream, "where the fuck have you been you dirty whore?"... Well, she may take offense.