Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #111
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Good god.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #112
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
That's your opinion of course.

You may not like the point of view being expressed, but that doesn't make it wrong.

None of the mods except for rider were involved in this discussion. But instantly you all swoop in and tell us we're retards.

Wanna talk about childish.. Perfect example from the lot of you..
Arguments are not the proper use of a forum. Forums should be just "Hi how are you today, did you have a good time at the trackday last weekend? Awesome, glad you had a good time! Hey did you see the article about the new BMW 1000RR? Pretty nice I must say."
Old 08-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #113
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
That's your opinion of course.

You may not like the point of view being expressed, but that doesn't make it wrong.

None of the mods except for rider were involved in this discussion. But instantly you all swoop in and tell us we're retards.

Wanna talk about childish.. Perfect example from the lot of you..
we all swooped in because when a post gets reported, we allllllll get an email about it.

Don't read more into it than there really is.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #114
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Adults? Most here don't act like it.
I dont know how anyone can put a bunch of bikers together in the same room and expect them all to play nice.

Fighting is a part of message boards, all message boards. Its what keeps people coming back.

This board was created because of the ridiculous way VS runs things, yet, aside from the ads, it seems like you guys want to go down the same road with your modding techniques.

I have a ton of respect for some of the mods, and some of the members. I also think a lot on both sides arent worth the dirt they'll be buried in someday. When someone acts like an idiot, ill call them on it.

And an 'Infraction'? How childish is that? If I was a mod, i'd be ashamed to send one for fear of looking like an overgrown crybaby...

Then again, this is the int3rw3bz, and I dont really take being insulted to heart.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #115
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Don't make more of it than it is, and we won't read into it.

I know you guys are just trying to help.
But, forbidding it from going on is just laziness.

If all mods do is lock threads, then why not just have a feature that locks a thread when its reported so many times?

Then its not up to the whim of one person who is pissed off today..
Old 08-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #116
neebelung

Quote:
Don't make more of it than it is, and we won't read into it.

I know you guys are just trying to help.
But, forbidding it from going on is just laziness.

If all mods do is lock threads, then why not just have a feature that locks a thread when its reported so many times?

Then its not up to the whim of one person who is pissed off today..
I agree with ya actually... But I can also see where once a thread has just turned into a buncha grown men tossing sbout gradeschool taunts, it's degraded to a point where the main point of the thread is lost. Locking it isn't about "protecting" you guys, it's about getting people (including a mod, in this case) to STFU.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #117
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I agree with ya actually... But I can also see where once a thread has just turned into a buncha grown men tossing sbout gradeschool taunts, it's degraded to a point where the main point of the thread is lost. Locking it isn't about "protecting" you guys, it's about getting people (including a mod, in this case) to STFU.
What is the point of making people STFU? People don't have to keep clicking on the thread if they no longer want to read it. And the funny thing is, threads like this actually get the most hits. What does that tell you?

Last edited by Homeslice; 08-25-2009 at 12:48 PM..
Old 08-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #118
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I've changed my mind...I would have shot the SOB.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #119
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I am not sure about the locked/unlocked thing. Maybe a mistake in the code because two people tried to lock it at the same time when we received the reported post to check out what was going on here.

This is why I posted the site improvement thread. I am just as guilty as anyone on this board of arguing and whining. I will gladly admit to that.

There is going to be arguing, it's why the war room exists. I try to leave it going as long as things don't get too personal or where we get to the point of running people off the board. Things are getting worse. We are running people of the board. That's not what I want, I am sure that is not what you guys want either. This is what the site improvement thread is about. Feel free to post what you want changed there. Give us some ideas how we can get new blood in here and increase usage from the current members.

I know I burn some stress on some of yall sometimes and some take it personal and go away. If you know me in person, none of what I say is personal, but not everyone gets a chance to meet so you never get that personality from just the words on here. I am sorry about that, I am taking a break from the political threads because I do it there out of habit. I am interested in making this board a better place for it's members. Tell me what we can do to do that and I will try to make it happen. I don't want this to turn into a CF vs TWF thing. CF and TWF is toast thanks to VS. TWFix is here, we can improve the board or it can die slowly.

I don't care about the off topic amount vs the moto amount. It would be nice to have more moto threads, but there will always be a lot more off topic than moto. There is only so much moto you can talk about before it becomes redundant without getting new members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #120
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
What is the point of making people STFU? People don't have to keep clicking on the thread if they no longer want to read it.
Because while a healthy debate is great (and encouraged) flaming isn't. Plain and simple.
Closed Thread