Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 06-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6
Default Icon Accelerant Waterproof Boots

Anyone have them ?

They seem like a pretty decent boot for around town or a quick jaunt. Sometimes if I'm riding somewhere and will be getting off the bike and walking around quite a bit these may come in handy. They have some protection and would be more comfortable than a racing style boot I believe. I like my A* boots when I'm on the bike but don't care too much for them if I'm doing a lot of walking but happen to be out on the bike.

I found them for $100 shipped which seems like a decent deal.

Icon Accelerant Waterproof Boots

When it comes to riding in the wet, it has always been a toss-up. Deal with soaked feet or wear a set of hideous black waterproof touring boots straight out of the Star Trek prop room. Until now. Introducing the Accelerant Waterproof Boot. The Accelerant is 100% waterproof, making it the ultimate performance based street specific riding boot. It’s also the lightest boot we have ever produced. But that doesn’t mean for a second that Icon compromised on a single aspect of safety or durability. The Accelerant Waterproof Boot comes standard with a shin deflector strap and is reinforced with an aluminum positive lock buckle. Inside the ultra-comfortable midsole, you’ll find a full steel shank for support. Finally, it features a specially designed pro-grip compound rubber outsole. The new Accelerant Waterproof Boot is low-key with casual styling, but maxed out with functionality and comfort.

Durable leather/nylon upper

100% waterproof

Internal steel shank for support

Internal ankle armor

Shin deflection strap

Aluminum positive lock buckle

Lightweight construction

Anti slip rubber compound

Imported
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I have the Field Armor boots and can vouch for their comfort and protection. BTW my experience with waterproof boots is that they get soaked from the inside out!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I have the Field Armor boots and can vouch for their comfort and protection. BTW my experience with waterproof boots is that they get soaked from the inside out!
Huh ? From sweat from not breathing ? A friend bought a pair and likes them. I tried them on lastnight since we wear the same size and they are comfortable. A guy at the store had a pair on and he likes them because he can wear them to work and walk/stand around all day and them ride them home on his bike.

I may pick up a pair for $100 shipped from another place I saw them listed. I still have my A* SMX boots for the longer rides.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Huh ? From sweat from not breathing ? A friend bought a pair and likes them. I tried them on lastnight since we wear the same size and they are comfortable. A guy at the store had a pair on and he likes them because he can wear them to work and walk/stand around all day and them ride them home on his bike.

I may pick up a pair for $100 shipped from another place I saw them listed. I still have my A* SMX boots for the longer rides.
Sweating! Hey give them a try, for $100 you can't go wrong!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote