Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 04-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
The motor is SO quiet. I mean, quiet enough that a guy ran up to me at a fuel pump to yell at me about putting the wrong fuel in it
ok that's bad. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Gotcha. I now don't trust people's reviews online. I want to hear it for myself first.

Ours sounds like a jet engine. The motor is SO quiet. I mean, quiet enough that a guy ran up to me at a fuel pump to yell at me about putting the wrong fuel in it
My sister used to get that with her TDI Jetta all the damn time, with varying degrees of condescension to go along with it.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #13
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Well you ARE a woman

Oh no, I freaked out for JUST a moment and looked. Then I thought about it, it's easier to put gasoline in a diesel than it is the other way around. See, the modern vehicles and their way of saving you from yourself - the diesel pumps are HUGE. Most too large to fit into a normal gasoline vehicle.

And, this was after I waited for a guy to get out of the way. He had parked his car there to pick-his-nose/surf-the-web or whatever and it was the only pump that had diesel. After waiting a bit I tapped on his window and asked him if he was finished with the pump. To that, he just looked around and with an annoyed look told me to just use one of the other open ones. I smiled and said I would if any of them had diesel at them...

YAY!

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:

Oh no, I freaked out for JUST a moment and looked. Then I thought about it, it's easier to put gasoline in a diesel than it is the other way around. See, the modern vehicles and their way of saving you from yourself - the diesel pumps are HUGE. Most too large to fit into a normal gasoline vehicle.

And, this was after I waited for a guy to get out of the way. He had parked his car there to pick-his-nose/surf-the-web or whatever and it was the only pump that had diesel. After waiting a bit I tapped on his window and asked him if he was finished with the pump. To that, he just looked around and with an annoyed look told me to just use one of the other open ones. I smiled and said I would if any of them had diesel at them...

YAY!

that one could have been fun. pull around in front of him and get out, attach a tow strap to your truck and walk towards his car with the other end..........ask him if he's the one who needs a tug. "i seen you sitting there and figured you needed a tow."
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #15
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

You can put diesel in a gas, but but do NOT put gas in a diesel.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #16
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
that one could have been fun. pull around in front of him and get out, attach a tow strap to your truck and walk towards his car with the other end..........ask him if he's the one who needs a tug. "i seen you sitting there and figured you needed a tow."
Fuck that, train horns and lay the hell on 'em!

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote