Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Which house would you choose?
House A: Big, fancy, look at me! 3 11.54%
House B: Smaller, easier to maintain, better locale. 22 84.62%
I fucker Tater's ex-wife in shmike's guest room. 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #191
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Me too, but mine is only "city big", not "country big", -5 Points
Dammit...

OK, but how about this?

Upon the onset of the zombie apocalypse, the undead army will have to:

1. travel 40 miles out of the city (cuz that's where I live) +2 points

2. figure out which house is mine, (cause quite obviously they all look the same) +5 points

3.make it up my stairs (cuz you always run upstairs. always. how else can you throw baddies out the top window? plus zombies aren't really known for their fantastic climbing skills, so it could take a few minutes) positive 10 points goddam smiley

4. figure out how to get up into my (unecessary) 11ft high ceiling and into the attic, where I will be waiting. positive 10 points goddam smiley

I really think the scoring speaks for itself.......

That is about all the BS I can muster now, sorry.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #192
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post

4. figure out how to get up into my (unecessary) 11ft high ceiling and into the attic, where I will be waiting. positive 10 points goddam smiley

i can run into my attic from the game room, leaving the door open so they can follow. then i clamor up to the next level go over to the north part of the house, where i push down the roof attic door, and run behind the last Z and shut the door behind them.

HA it's TARP!
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #193
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
How many years and where at? I lived there long enough in the Eagle River/Wasilla/Palmer area to never want to go back again. The mountains of Tenn provide me with enough beauty and less winter. Even trade.
That is a beautiful area (Wasilla/Palmer...etc). I lived on Kodiak Island (Bells Flats specifically). In the summer it was hiking, fishing, and camping... In the winter it was hiking, snowmobiling, and camping. 6 years in a little tiny house and never for a second did I want to leave (once a year or so to Anchorage...).

To each their own, right? That's why there are BIG houses and little tiny houses.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #194
vickibocc
Meh

Moto: the backseat of an '06 600rr

Sean, I read 2 pages of this thread. And judging my page 20, it's changed dramatically.

I would say if they are both about the same price, I would go with option A. I would normally say that it's a waste. Too much house for the 2 of you, and that you shoudl start small, and use the equity you gain in house B (especially if you are planning on improvements), to get you a hosue like house A int he future once kids DO come along (unless youre planning on them in like less than 5 years. However, I think if they are the same price, you should go with A becuase you get more bang for your buck and you don't need to do anything once the kids come along because you'll already be there.

If A was way more expensive, but still affordable for you, I'd say no, save your money, you'll get there eventually. But if they're abuot the same price...I think you should go with A.
vickibocc is offline   Reply With Quote