Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 02-11-2011, 04:25 AM   #31
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Never liked V8's all that much........Too much noise making everyone know what you're up to.......And there's always a half-second delay after you blip the throttle before it revs up.
That doesn't describe my mouse motors.

I use a spread-bore mechanical secondary carb, and careful pump shot tuning to get throttle response that's nearly instantaneous.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #32
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
that 70' charger is pure sex. needs a 4spd though
Indeed. Saw that too.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #33
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
It reads the gauge pressure....do you see an L or H there?
Plenty of gauges have numbers on them.......But the needle still stays in one position all the time. Or if it moves, it moves slow as molasses. Get a real gauge like a VDO.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #34
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Well my V8 surely doesn't hesitate and didn't even when it was stock. The interior could be better for sure but really isn't that bad and besides...I bought it for the looks which I like...the power to weight...the handling...and the stopping power and it was well worth the money in all of those areas back in 2002. With modifications I have improved it and it's still a blast to drive. The sound of the exhaust in itself is intoxicating imho.

The car has never been back to the dealership either. Most GM service departments do suck. I've heard horror story after horror story about dealing with them.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #35
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Z wants to get a camaro convert n a few yrs, I have no prob w that. I'd rather get an ol skool hot rod first

http://www.harwellmotors.com/muscle-.../1d37f2b695485

She's wanted 1 for a few yrs now, it's been about 8-9 yrs sine her '93 z28 was stolen
You know at the price of the new cars you could basically build a brand new 60's camaro vert with zero gm parts right? Hot rod did it and it was tight as fuck
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #36
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I think the big issue with the the 50K Camaro is the fact the standard Corvette is available at the same price point and will likely offer comparable if not superior performance.

That being said I hope GM meets or exceeds their sales targets

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #37
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well my V8 surely doesn't hesitate and didn't even when it was stock. .
Hesitate as in takes longer than a 4-cylinder to rev up and then rev back down........Too much reciprocating mass inside a big engine........And they waste energy shaking the car and stretching the motor mounts rather than putting the power down.

None of the V8's I've driven felt like they were as "connected" to the throttle as a good 4-cylinder is.

Yeah I know, how a car performs is more important than how it feels when you blip the gas, but I grew up driving 4's so that's the type of feeling I prefer.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-11-2011 at 10:30 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #38
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Hesitate as in takes longer than a 4-cylinder to rev up and then rev back down........Too much reciprocating mass inside a big engine........And they waste energy shaking the car and stretching the motor mounts rather than putting the power down.

None of the V8's I've driven felt like they were as "connected" to the throttle as a good 4-cylinder is.

Yeah I know, how a car performs is more important than how it feels when you blip the gas, but I grew up driving 4's so that's the type of feeling I prefer.
I've owned 4's with and without turbos...6's and also 8's with and without superchargers and nitrous...I like some of them all...but my current one doesn't hesitate at all...that's all I'm saying. The car is tight.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #39
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Hesitate as in takes longer than a 4-cylinder to rev up and then rev back down........Too much reciprocating mass inside a big engine........And they waste energy shaking the car and stretching the motor mounts rather thain putting the power down.

If I've learned anything watching keichi tsuchiya videos, its that nothing can beat a well tuned ae86 on a tight winding road
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #40
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
If I've learned anything watching keichi tsuchiya videos, its that nothing can beat a well tuned ae86 on a tight winding road
Well not with him driving for sure.