Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #1
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600
Default <--- Is Still Alive!!!

Thought I would check in and let everyone know that I am still alive and that I did in fact, survive my drive from Kentucky to Alaska. It was 4500 miles, nothing but a tent, some ramen and a shit ton of good times. We managed to see all kinds of unique attractions, several breweries and all sorts of amazing wildlife along the drive. I will upload photos eventually but right now I am using what little money I have left on a drink so that I can mooch internet and not get kicked out.

I am now in Talkeetna, Alaska and I plan on being here until the summer season ends in September. Things happened so fast after I finished up my finals that I haven't even had a good chance to update everyone on my life.

I dumped most of my belongs in my mom's basement but I was unable to find a place for the bike. My mom was one of the main people who encouraged me to give up the job offer in Sav and run around the world for as long as I could afford it. In doing this she took on the burden of my Jack Russell "Shadow", my car in her driveway and my bike. She thought we could fit the bike in her basement but we weren't able to get it into the backyard because a large drop off the end of the driveway. Of course all of my friend offered to take care of it while I was gone but my mom insisted on keeping it under her watchful eye. She didn't want it outside and she didn't have a garage so it was her idea to have me drive it into....the living room.

How is that for a cool mom? She even covered it up with quilts and stuff after I left. I wanted to put it up on stands but then I know she would have been tripping in and out of the front door everyday.

At any rate, I am alive and I miss my bike dearly. I am sort of considering having it shipped out here if I could find a way. It would be a hell of a trip home though.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

That sounds like one cool story man.... good to see ya gettin a chance to travel.... keep us posted huh
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Where's the pics yo!
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

awesome! hope you got some good pics from the drive... it's GORGEOUS!

lets see... your probably smack dab in the middle of mosquito season! ENJOY!

if my sis was up there right now I'd pm ya to connect with her and her flight attendant friends

but alas... she's doing international flights all summer out of LA
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:39 AM   #5
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

hope you haven't had to ingest any man butter to get by.. if you do you have definitely hit rock bottom..

awesome deal.. hope you have a good summer in alaska.. wish i could go back up there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etp8L9pbqeM

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

This was a great story. I hope you got your mother one hell of a mother's day card. She rocks.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:54 AM   #7
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

thats the perfect spot for it...imagine when she has company

"this is my niece's wedding, this plate is from when i visited asia, oh and this is quick's bike, it came from japan"

-hey ebbs, i'm down to kick it with some flight attendant chicks
Old 06-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Dude, when you start her up and rev it, that whole china cabinet is going byebye
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #9
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

I have no idea when I will see my bike again but odds are high that I will be quite rusty.

My chances to log on are quite limited but I have a couple hours today at the library so I will promptly post up some pictures while I am here.

I start a job tomorrow and hopefully with a week or two, I can treat myself to a real meal and even afford to do laundry!

And no, I have not had to ingest any man butter to get by. However I have considered selling my body to the local elder women who are awaking from hibernation and might pay well.

I still have had a chance to go anything cool around here but as I get to them I will be sure to post up more pictures. My friend work for K2 aviation and there is a good chance I can get a free flight to the base camp on Mount Mckindley, and even a glacier landing. Lots of pics will be taken!

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote