Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #91
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
I end up with a lot of Dodge Caliber rentals when I travel for work... Visibility kinda sucks, but I'm a sucker for satellite radio. I think I'm going to start branching out so I can see what the other cars are like
Had one once. Never again. Ever. Biggest pos since the PT Cruiser.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #92
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Dude......Those are about the lowest-quality cars you can rent. Noisy, slow, and an incredibly cheap plastic interior.
Those are the rentals I love. Step on the gas only to hear a bunch of noise and when it finally gets to 70mph (after 4 upshifts which take 3 seconds each to accomplish) the steering wheel shakes. Bonus if the rotors are warped when stopping.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #93
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Dude......Those are about the lowest-quality cars you can rent. Noisy, slow, and an incredibly cheap plastic interior.
I remember sitting in one at the dealer. It took me back to the 87? Plymouth Caravelle my parents drove until it became an absolute faded moneypit.

I think the Caravelle had better materials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #94
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Quote:
it's not like i own it, it's cool man it's easy to drive and has room to carry passengers. yeah, it is slow as a bitch, but I still got a speeding ticket in one

okay okay okay I get it... I'll pick something different next time and let y'all know ALL about it
Old 09-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #95
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Ford Fusion
I have rented all 3 of the engine options for this car. The 3.0 flex-fuel V6 is the worst choice, there is a lot of lifter noise & accessory noise, especially when cold. The 3.5 is much nicer & quieter, and pumps out 263hp which is substantial for a car of this size. The 2.5 four-cyl is only 175hp but is smooth for a 4-cyl. All in all, I think this engine "suits" it the best, because this is a FWD car and it doesn't make sense to put much torque into a FWD.

The tranny is a 6-speed, and for the first 2-3 minutes when it's still cold the shifting is crude......upshifts get hung up. Also the first 2 gears are too short, so it shifts twice before you've finished making a simple right turn. Too busy.

Ride & handling is pretty decent for its class......It's no sport sedan, but it's a good balance. The ride is much smoother than a G6.

But I would never buy this car because its interior is so horrible.....I mean seriously who the fuck is responsible for thsi shit? CHeck out these ghey-ass gauges:

Not only do they look retarded, but they are hard to read in the daylight. But the worst offense is the center stack.......You can barely read any of the buttons & switches, the font is so friggin small.....

Making it even harder to read is the fact that the bottom of the center stack console is curved INWARD, instead of the other way like it should be. Seriously, who the fuck designed this?

And to top it off, the headlight switch is not on a stalk, it's on this lame dial on the left side of the dash. What's fucked up is that it's not lit at night. So, when you go to turn it on or off, you have to hunt for it by feel, and you can accidentally hit the trunk button

Not to mention the wiper stalk is not on the right side of the wheel like it should be.....It's on the left, shared with the turn signals. So, if you slap the signals too hard, you make the wipers move. Dumb.

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-06-2010 at 12:17 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #96
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Ford Fusion
I have rented all 3 of the engine options for this car. The 3.0 flex-fuel V6 is the worst choice, it is based on the old Duratec design, which is outdated and has a lot of lifter noise. The 3.5 is much nicer & quieter, and pumps out 263hp which is substantial for a car of this size. The 2.5 four-cyl is only 175hp but is smooth for a 4-cyl. All in all, I think this engine "suits" it the best, because this is a FWD car and it doesn't make sense to put much torque into a FWD.

The tranny is a 6-speed, and for the first 2-3 minutes when it's still cold the shifting is crude......upshifts get hung up. Also the first 2-3 gears are too short, and as a result it shifts twice before you've finished making a simple right turn. Too busy.

Ride & handling is pretty good for its class......It's no sport sedan, but it's a good balance. The ride is much smoother than a G6.

But I would never buy this car because its interior is so horrible.....I mean seriously who the fuck is responsible for thsi shit? CHeck out these ghey-ass gauges:

Not only do they look retarded, but they are hard to read in the daylight. But the worst offense is the center stack.......You can barely read any of the buttons & switches, the font is so friggin small.....

What makes it worse is that the console is curved AWAY from the driver, instead of towards him. Seriously, who the fuck designed this?

And to top it off, the headlight switch is not on a stalk, it's on this lame dial on the left side of the dash. What's fucked up is that it's not lit at night. So, when you go to turn it on or off, you have to hunt for it by feel, and you can accidentally hit the trunk button

Not to mention the wiper stalk is not on the right side of the wheel like it should be.....It's on the left, shared with the turn signals. So, if you slap the signals too hard, you make the wipers move. Dumb.
Good review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #97
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Ford Fusion
I have rented all 3 of the engine options for this car. The 3.0 flex-fuel V6 is the worst choice, there is a lot of lifter noise & accessory noise, especially when cold. The 3.5 is much nicer & quieter, and pumps out 263hp which is substantial for a car of this size. The 2.5 four-cyl is only 175hp but is smooth for a 4-cyl. All in all, I think this engine "suits" it the best, because this is a FWD car and it doesn't make sense to put much torque into a FWD.

The tranny is a 6-speed, and for the first 2-3 minutes when it's still cold the shifting is crude......upshifts get hung up. Also the first 2 gears are too short, so it shifts twice before you've finished making a simple right turn. Too busy.

Ride & handling is pretty decent for its class......It's no sport sedan, but it's a good balance. The ride is much smoother than a G6.

Making it even harder to read is the fact that the bottom of the center stack console is curved INWARD, instead of the other way like it should be. Seriously, who the fuck designed this?

I guess you have never drove a VW, Audi or most german cars before because that is how the headlight switch is on most or all.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #98
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
I guess you have never drove a VW, Audi or most german cars before because that is how the headlight switch is on most or all.
Except I bet their switch is illuminated, unlike Ford's
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #99
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Except I bet their switch is illuminated, unlike Ford's
Nope no need once your used to it. Also on some German(Only in europe because of the fixed beam height in US) cars there is a switch to raise or lower you headlights.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #100
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Nope no need once your used to it. Also on some German(Only in europe because of the fixed beam height in US) cars there is a switch to raise or lower you headlights.
That would be so freakin' handy.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote