Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #371
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I rather the camera on the nexus, it's zero lag (think DSLR speed.) The glass on it is suppose to be pretty badass too. MP is a worthless spec unless you want to do poster size pictures.

I very much dislike Motorola quality. Seen too many people get burned by them.
Moto's metal and glass chassis are fantastic. The locked bootloaders continue to be a problem though or I'd be seriously looking at a razr
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #372
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Moto's metal and glass chassis are fantastic. The locked bootloaders continue to be a problem though or I'd be seriously looking at a razr
Just seen too much shit come from Motorola mobility, not going to get me to trust that shit for two years.

Maybe when Google takes over and starts sticking their design engineers in there I will change my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #373
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Droid Xs and Droid X2s being pieces of shit, not stories, held them in my hand and saw what pieces of shit they are.

Everyone that has the Samsung Fascinate with it that I know and have used, loves them. No issues.
Had my Droid X for over a year.. whats wrong with them? I've been much happier since my switch from the iphone 4. Only thing I get annoyed w/ is the camera shortcut button, takes like an extra 2-3 to load vs hitting the shortcut.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #374
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I had no problem with the hardware on my Droid X. It was a solid piece of phone that was damn near indestructable. I've dropped that thing a bunch of times, and besides the batter door popping off, it kept running without problem. All of my problems came after the software update. They just don't have it down. I had a few problems with the original Droid going from Eclair to Froyo that were eventually sorted, but going from Froyo to Gingerbread on the Droid X made the phone completely unusable. The RAZR looks really nice, and I have faith in the hardware, but the idea of sweating through the upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS two or three months into ownership and hoping that the phone isn't turned to shit because of issues with Blur will guarantee that I don't fuck with the RAZR, or any skinned version of Android for that matter. The Galaxy Nexus with a clean, unskinned, vanilla version of ICS is far more appealing and presents far less bullshit to deal with related to software updates.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #375
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I had no problem with the hardware on my Droid X. It was a solid piece of phone that was damn near indestructable. I've dropped that thing a bunch of times, and besides the batter door popping off, it kept running without problem. All of my problems came after the software update. They just don't have it down. I had a few problems with the original Droid going from Eclair to Froyo that were eventually sorted, but going from Froyo to Gingerbread on the Droid X made the phone completely unusable. The RAZR looks really nice, and I have faith in the hardware, but the idea of sweating through the upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS two or three months into ownership and hoping that the phone isn't turned to shit because of issues with Blur will guarantee that I don't fuck with the RAZR, or any skinned version of Android for that matter. The Galaxy Nexus with a clean, unskinned, vanilla version of ICS is far more appealing and presents far less bullshit to deal with related to software updates.
That's the odd thing - I heard about folks having issues w/ the upgrade to Gingerbread but I had zero issues, both hardware and software.

I'm also considering waiting till after the new year to possibly step on some new deals on the RAZR and let some folks proof it out.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #376
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
That's the odd thing - I heard about folks having issues w/ the upgrade to Gingerbread but I had zero issues, both hardware and software.

I'm also considering waiting till after the new year to possibly step on some new deals on the RAZR and let some folks proof it out.
I had issues with every upgrade so far, each time I needed to wipe the phone each time and start fresh. That pisses some people off but I like starting with a fresh OS every once n a while.. Keeps it as fast as possible.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #377
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Wiping and upgrading is a better way to do things. Makes sure you get all legacy files off your OS
Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #378
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

sounds like you guys need an iphone, lol
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #379
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
sounds like you guys need an iphone, lol
The upgrade from iOS 4.x to iOS 5 wasn't smooth. My pictures got wiped (not a huge deal), even though they were backed up. The servers were so fucked that it took about two hours and change to download the upgrade. When it was upgraded, the same fucked up servers wouldn't authenticate my phone and cancelled the installation. It took a few hours to get things to actually work.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #380
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
The upgrade from iOS 4.x to iOS 5 wasn't smooth. My pictures got wiped (not a huge deal), even though they were backed up. The servers were so fucked that it took about two hours and change to download the upgrade. When it was upgraded, the same fucked up servers wouldn't authenticate my phone and cancelled the installation. It took a few hours to get things to actually work.
iOS 5, itself is pretty buggy. People had a lot more success doing a wipe and clean install of iOS5 as well.

That's just the nature of OS upgrades. OSX Lion was a bitch for awhile til they got shit sorted out too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!