Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 06-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Metal Bats?

After hearing from my younger brother that the OHSAA is thinking about banning two-piece as well as composite material bats for next year's high school season I did some reading to see how many states have followed. I ran across this article and it just pissed me off to no end...

http://www.eteamz.com/baseball/board...cfm?id=2211789

Quote:
LARKSPUR, Calif. -- The principles from ten high schools in the Marin County Athletic League agreed Thursday afternoon to ban the use of metal bats in baseball games, a decision that comes as the teen player who was hospitalized after being hit by a line drive remained in critical condition.
The decision came as the teen player hospitalized after being hit by a line drive two weeks ago remained in critical condition.

The irony is that nobody mentions a thing until a player gets seriously hurt, and then they come to the extreme decision that is completely reactive. Why wait until then? If it's so dangerous, shouldn't high schools and colleges have switched by now?

I swear this is just another example of the pussification of America. What are we going to do when our high schoolers sustain severe concussions from football hits, when an errant hockey blade catches a neck or wrist?? Or what about those same wooden bats that these schools are advocating shatter and go flying back at the pitcher??? It is a sport, a sport where you throw a very hard ball, and should expect it to come flying back at you. If you don't want your kids getting hurt parents, stick them in a fucking padded room with no sharp corners.

Oh, and is the OHSAA going to refund us for the brand new $400 two-piece bat that we just bought my brother for his junior year next year???

/Rant over....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I agree. Knee jerk reactions are bullshit. They just happen to be the norm these days.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

There has been grumblings for some time about doing away withthe aluminum bats anyway. Of course an injury or 2 will bring that to the fore front again.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I really dont give a shit what kind of bats high school kids use. High school kids are obnoxious. Fuck 'em.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote